PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood breakfast this sunday

BLOKE
31-03-08, 09:42 PM
So far about six of us are going to Goodwood this Sunday, our cars are eligable, so you should be able to exibit them.
For those who dont know, it is a free to enter show with a different theme each month,
It lasts from 7.30 ish. to around 1 PM, it's on the race circuit and padock block, with plenty of parking, also food and drink available,
Regards Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.

BLOKE
02-04-08, 10:52 AM
Forcast for Sunday is Rain/Snow, I will post an up-date on if we will attend Goodwood as late as I can.
Frank Dowsett. BLOKE

stevey
03-04-08, 08:51 PM
yep that is the forecast we have here in Southampton, snow/sleet- glad I took the trouble to get the cobra polished ready for the run:mad:

BLOKE
06-04-08, 10:01 AM
Hi Steve, Well we went to goodwood at 7.30, the guy on the gate said we got lots of cob's so you will have to go in the general car I said DAM, well it began with F, and went home, got petrol, had a run round the town and went home just before the snow came, Colin was still there in his Corvette, and some others from our centre.
so all's well that ends well !!!
Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.

Bigblock
06-04-08, 02:35 PM
Polished the car yesterday for F all, woke up at 7am this morning to a blizzard and at least 3 inches of snow, nice and sunny now but not sure if I can be arsed to go out.

What time did you lot get any snow down there then? also what sort of time are we going to have to get there to get in if you got turned around at 7:30?

stevey
06-04-08, 04:07 PM
Hi Steve, Well we went to goodwood at 7.30, the guy on the gate said we got lots of cob's so you will have to go in the general car I said DAM, well it began with F, and went home, got petrol, had a run round the town and went home just before the snow came, Colin was still there in his Corvette, and some others from our centre.
so all's well that ends well !!!
Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.
we had snow from just before 7:30 am so I left the cob under a cover in the garage and took jack the mental scottie dog for a snow ball fight (I make them he catch and eats them!) will hopefully get to your run in a couple of weeks although it will probably be in the tintop as "asbo" is being painted (dont ask!:mad:)
Steve

BLOKE
06-04-08, 10:18 PM
hi Bigblok, Stevey has answered your snow part, as far as what time to get there, it seems if you want to be part of the show, and you have a car like the cob.they put a few in the display areas, and then send the rest to the car park, It was actually 8am when I arrived at the gate, and many cobs had already gone through.
When I went to the "gone in sixty seconds" one, I was at the gate at 7.30 and got put on the circuit, up by the start line.

BLOKE
06-04-08, 10:21 PM
Hi Stevey, Dont do that, saying Dont ask, Cos I have to ask now. ???
Frank. BLOKE

Bigblock
07-04-08, 01:33 PM
hi Bigblok, Stevey has answered your snow part, as far as what time to get there, it seems if you want to be part of the show, and you have a car like the cob.they put a few in the display areas, and then send the rest to the car park, It was actually 8am when I arrived at the gate, and many cobs had already gone through.
When I went to the "gone in sixty seconds" one, I was at the gate at 7.30 and got put on the circuit, up by the start line.

At the Gone in 60 Seconds I think we got there at 7:30 ish and were one of the first few Cobs on the start line, it was a hypothetical question, in other words do we really want to have to get up at 5:30 to get there for 7:30ish just to be told to put it in the field?

BLOKE
07-04-08, 05:53 PM
The difference is Bigblock, I live about 15 minutes from Goodwood, but i still agree with you.
Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.

stevey
07-04-08, 06:48 PM
Hi Stevey, Dont do that, saying Dont ask, Cos I have to ask now. ???
Frank. BLOKE
Frank I was screwing in the tenax fasteners for the tonnuea cover and I snapped three which chipped the paint and gel coat meaning a rather expensive rear end respray to sort it, the paint is 600 a litre so to say I'm p*ssed off is an understatement
Steve

BLOKE
07-04-08, 08:29 PM
I feel for you Steve, I was paranoid when fitting my bits after painting, (2,800) are your tenax things anything like my lift a dot ones, if so I found some threaded ones, and fitted then with a nut and two stainless steel washers.
Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.

stevey
07-04-08, 09:01 PM
I feel for you Steve, I was paranoid when fitting my bits after painting, (2,800) are your tenax things anything like my lift a dot ones, if so I found some threaded ones, and fitted then with a nut and two stainless steel washers.
Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.
they were self tapping but they are now in a council landfill!