PDA

View Full Version : Soft Top and side curtians pics please

Naumoff
01-04-08, 10:05 AM
I am sure this has been discussed before but I would like to see some of the styles that are out there.
I have a Unique Motorcars 427 Cobra and they make their own tops and side curtains.
I am interested in how the side curtains mate up with the top and the windscreen.

I will post some pictures of mine to show you what I have. I have to take some new picture today as I don't have any stored in the computer.

Thanks.

Miket
01-04-08, 10:13 AM
There you go ;) :D

westborne
01-04-08, 11:08 AM
Sorry - No p*ss taking intended - but I now have an image of floral "curtains" hanging from the inside of the hood !!

Do you want them with draw cords ?

Naumoff
01-04-08, 11:24 AM
Sorry - No p*ss taking intended - but I now have an image of floral "curtains" hanging from the inside of the hood !!

Do you want them with draw cords ?

I ain't from California, So no floral pattern curtains.:mrgreen:

lutman
01-04-08, 12:02 PM
I am sure this has been discussed before but I would like to see some of the styles that are out there.
I have a Unique Motorcars 427 Cobra and they make their own tops and side curtains.
I am interested in how the side curtains mate up with the top and the windscreen.

I will post some pictures of mine to show you what I have. I have to take some new picture today as I don't have any stored in the computer.

Thanks.

Most versions in Uk are similar stle to what is seen on an old MG or Triumph sports car. That is the hood attaches to the top of the screen and has a small overlap flap which the door side screen is roughly mated. Side screens usually installed in peg holes or occasionally hard bolted on to the door. The fit is " basic" to say the least and is not considered water proof and you will get drips inside the car

Naumoff
01-04-08, 01:32 PM
Most versions in Uk are similar stle to what is seen on an old MG or Triumph sports car. That is the hood attaches to the top of the screen and has a small overlap flap which the door side screen is roughly mated. Side screens usually installed in peg holes or occasionally hard bolted on to the door. The fit is " basic" to say the least and is not considered water proof and you will get drips inside the car

This is the same set up I have.
I have an issue with the side screen coming out of the hood where they mate at highway speeds.
Is there a solution to this problem or do I have to live with it?
I just installed some weather stripping to raise the side screen 12.5mm and I hope this will help.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee99/Naumoff_photos/SoftTop011.jpg?t=1207056925

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee99/Naumoff_photos/SoftTop012.jpg?t=1207056999

Naumoff
01-04-08, 01:40 PM
Thanks Miket for the photos.

Your set up looks like the one I have.
Do you have any problems with the side screens top popping out at highway speeds?

TINKA
01-04-08, 04:08 PM
Not with the AK setup ( which is what Mike T has ) as they fit a press-stud at the top half way along the side screen to hold it all in place.

Miket
01-04-08, 04:18 PM
As Tinka (Martin) metioned, the AK hood as a separate flap sown into the hood just above the sidesreen, I have fitted 2 press stubs, one at the top front edge and one at the rear top edge of the sidescreen which effectively holds the hood down and stops it from bellowing, it also holds the sidescreen in place.

dingocooke
01-04-08, 04:22 PM
Thanks Miket for the photos.

Your set up looks like the one I have.
Do you have any problems with the side screens top popping out at highway speeds?

Velcro (and a little needle work) is your friend. Put the 'loopside' on the hood where the two layers that over lap/under lap the sidescreen, and put the 'hookside' on the inside top of the sidescreen; less potential damage if (when) your passenger tries to open the door without undoing press studs, and good enough up to about 90mph, after which the whole the hood tries to come off anyway!!

Miket
01-04-08, 04:27 PM
Velcro (and a little needle work) is your friend. Put the 'loopside' on the hood where the two layers that over lap/under lap the sidescreen, and put the 'hookside' on the inside top of the sidescreen; less potential damage if (when) your passenger tries to open the door without undoing press studs, and good enough up to about 90mph, after which the whole the hood tries to come off anyway!!

I've got Velcro also, but it didn't hold on it's own at high speed, thats why I put press studs on aswell. ;) ;)

dingocooke
01-04-08, 04:37 PM
more velcro captain, more velcro!!!

tonym
01-04-08, 05:48 PM
Tony, your sidepipes need polishing :mrgreen:

Naumoff
01-04-08, 08:43 PM
I've got Velcro also, but it didn't hold on it's own at high speed, thats why I put press studs on as well. ;) ;)

I also had the Velcro and at highway speed it would still come out sometimes. I just finish removing it.

What type of press studs did you use?

Miket
01-04-08, 08:51 PM
I also had the Velcro and at highway speed it would still come out sometimes. I just finish removing it.

What type of press studs did you use?

Durable Dot. ;) ;)

Woolies Trim - Durable Dot (http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-57-durable-dot.aspx)

Naumoff
01-04-08, 09:06 PM
Thanks Mike T. If I hang around here long enough I might learn how to speak and spell English.:D

Did you just screw or rivet the fastner to the side screen?

Miket
01-04-08, 09:10 PM
Thanks Mike T. If I hang around here long enough I might learn how to speak and spell English.:D

Did you just screw or rivet the fastner to the side screen?

Rivet ;) :D :D

When you do learn to spell and speak English, can you teach some of the guys on here. :D :D :D

Naumoff
02-04-08, 11:17 AM
Rivet ;)

When you do learn to spell and speak English, can you teach some of the guys on here. :D

Sure thing Mike. I will start a fund raiser to send Webster Dictionaries to the UK.:D:D:D

Big Tone, They are perfect and don't require polishing.:D

Dingocooke, maybe I can just put a ratchet strap around the whole car to keep everything in at speed.;):D

dingocooke
02-04-08, 11:20 AM
or gaffa tape it LOL

Steve

Naumoff
02-04-08, 04:56 PM
If gaffa tape is like our duct tape then I wouldn't want to have to get all the sticky stuff off.:(

dingocooke
02-04-08, 05:09 PM
yep thats the same stuff, stickier than when sticky the stick insect fell into a pot of glue (apologies to Queenie and Lord blackadder..)

Naumoff
15-05-08, 12:49 AM
OK I have finally went to the boat supply shop and picked up a press stud kit(snaps are what they are called in the US)

Worked out really nice.
I will post some pictures later.
I put two push studs at the top of each side screen.
I am going on a trip Friday and will see how well they work out.:D