PDA

View Full Version : bu**er

markr
01-04-08, 11:18 AM
Got the registration number. Got the plates. Got the tax disc. Got a flat battery. Bu**er

Miket
01-04-08, 12:15 PM
Got the registration number. Got the plates. Got the tax disc. Got a flat battery. Bu**er

It should be that shape. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :D

Iain
01-04-08, 12:22 PM
Got a hill?

Get a jump start! :mrgreen:

TonyD
01-04-08, 02:08 PM

Is it is a new battery? If so I'd find out where the current drain is that's causing it to discharge so quickly.

You don't want to take it for a drive and have to beg a jump start when you stop for refreshment do you ?

Cheers,

Tony

andicole0
01-04-08, 02:38 PM
Maplin > Solar-Powered 12V 1.5W Battery Trickle Charger (http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=98358&doy=1m4)

Andi.

Miket
01-04-08, 03:37 PM
Maplin > Solar-Powered 12V 1.5W Battery Trickle Charger (http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=98358&doy=1m4)

Andi.

Not much good inside a garage. :( :( :(

dingocooke
01-04-08, 03:47 PM

or even outside in chadderton....;-) :D :D (only kidding)

andicole0
01-04-08, 04:15 PM

Mine uses a bit of speaker wire routed outside and the thing lies on the top of the garage roof. Works fine, mind you the battery has only been used for positioning the battery tray, battery leads and testing the brake/tail light as the terminals weren't marked.

Andi.

BTW Anyone elses forum turn upside down this morning? ;-)

Miket
01-04-08, 04:35 PM
Mine uses a bit of speaker wire routed outside and the thing lies on the top of the garage roof. Works fine, mind you the battery has only been used for positioning the battery tray, battery leads and testing the brake/tail light as the terminals weren't marked.

Andi.

BTW Anyone elses forum turn upside down this morning? ;-)

FAQ's on the unit

Q) Is the unit waterproof and suitable for fitting to a garage roof to trickle charge a car inside? - Ian
A) Yes, but it is not waterproof. :( :(

jonny m
01-04-08, 09:16 PM
or even outside in chadderton....;-) :D :D (only kidding)

Hey ! I live in Chadderton too - weather is the last of our problems!

Well done Mark - go for 12m tax first time around - Oldham post office have never heard of SVA so are demanding an MOT before they will give me a tax disc yet VOSA and DVLA say not needed.

See you when I'm road legal then

Jon

andicole0
02-04-08, 07:31 AM
FAQ's on the unit

Q) Is the unit waterproof and suitable for fitting to a garage roof to trickle charge a car inside? - Ian
A) Yes, but it is not waterproof. :( :(

Mine has been on the roof in all the recent rain hail and snow we've had and still seems to be working well. It's just a small solar panel encased in plastic. You could add a bead of external sealant between the panel and plastic, but for a tenner (15.00 now I believe) a lot less hassle than a flat battery when the sun comes out :D

Andi.