PDA

View Full Version : Registration.

stevem
01-04-08, 07:59 PM
Hi, Iam going to Lincoln DVLA office in the morning to try and register the sumo. Can anybody tell me if i will need an MOT certificate. I have got SVA cert, Insurance cert, V5 from doner vechile, all receipts for kit and parts, Driving licence, utilaty bill ect. It will be an age related plate i am going for. It is just the MOT cert i am not sure about. Cheers Steve.

Toddy
01-04-08, 08:02 PM
Steve, I took my documents to DVLA yesterday no MOT but mine is all new.
They have booked me an inspection next Wednesday.

TINKA
01-04-08, 08:04 PM
They are probably going to want to inspect your car so if an MOT is required tell them you will supply them with it when they do this. :rolleyes:

stevem
01-04-08, 08:06 PM
Hi, Toddy. Are they coming to you, or have you got to take car to them ?

Toddy
01-04-08, 08:10 PM
I have to take it to them, all the way to carlisle again and they do not have the room at the DVLA so its done at VOSA and it has to come off the trailer as they aren't allowed to climb on the trailer. Oh well the end is in sight

Daxman
01-04-08, 08:11 PM
Toddy,

Could you let me know how you got on with your registration, Do you need receipts for each major component? perhaps you could PM me.

Russ

KevinW
01-04-08, 08:39 PM
if its any help, I got an age related plate in Oct 07 and no MOT ever requested!

andy l
01-04-08, 08:58 PM
Hi Steve

You will not need a MOT, the VOSA mac cert covers as your first mot, but you will need MOT to get new tax for the following year. if age related plate given. hope that helps. Andy ;)

stevem
01-04-08, 09:19 PM
Cheers for that Kevin/ Andy.

phil
01-04-08, 09:24 PM
Hi Steve

You will not need a MOT, the VOSA mac cert covers as your first mot, but you will need MOT to get new tax for the following year. if age related plate given. hope that helps. Andy ;)

Unless you tax your cobra online....then no MOT required for 3 years??? Not sure why this should work, but it does.

Cheers,
Phil

rpicker
03-04-08, 04:01 PM
Hows it going with the registration Steve ?
I live in Lincoln and hope o be in the same positition with my GD427 in the next two to three months.
Ray

stevem
03-04-08, 06:25 PM
Hi Ray. Went to Lincoln yesterday with all my receipts ect. I was given a couple of forms to fill in while i was waiting to be seen. The first woman i saw wasnt very helpful at all (quite snotty ). I was then passed on to a bloke who helped me with the forms, he must of mentioned Q registration about a dozen times which made me very uneasy. Eventually i paid my 55 registration fee and my 101 tax for 6 months and was then told it will have to be inspected. Couldnt give me a date or time and said they would be in touch with me. He said i was allowed to drive it to the inspection when i get the date. So all in all not a very pleasurable experiance at all. The SVA test vas a breeze compaired to that. Cheers Steve..

don
03-04-08, 07:49 PM
went to lincs dvla last year all he ask is it the jag parts were is the vin no. did not get down to look under the car took 5 min total wast of time .but got plate just make sure you got all the parts to keep the age plate all the best don

stevem
03-04-08, 07:58 PM
Hi Don. How Long was you waiting for your inspection after you went in to see them cheers Steve..

don
03-04-08, 08:45 PM
hi about 2 weeks but you the govement you are in there hand mate .

Yellowbelly
04-04-08, 11:25 AM
Had to take a car to Lincoln DVLA for inspection last year. With rental/collection of trailer, loading time, travel time, return time, unloading time and trailer return a whole day used up for a five minute inspection which turned out to be only the paperwork. The guy didn't even look under the bonnet.
Bunch of beurocratic to**ers.

rpicker
04-04-08, 12:44 PM
Is it just the Lincoln office and staff are all the offices the same.Can we use another office or are we obliged to use our nearest.
I am building a Gardner douglas and will probably get the SVA done in Nottingham, any reason why I couldnt register it at their DVLA office also.

Ray

TINKA
04-04-08, 03:16 PM
Is it just the Lincoln office and staff are all the offices the same.Can we use another office or are we obliged to use our nearest.
I am building a Gardner douglas and will probably get the SVA done in Nottingham, any reason why I couldnt register it at their DVLA office also.

Ray

If you play your cards right and are lucky you could get them both done on the same day as the Nottingham office inspects the cars at the SVA test station. Iain recently had his inspected and tested both on Fridays unfortunately not the same Friday :mad: BUT BOOK THE DVLA PART FIRST they will do this in Nottingham before the SVA. :-D:-D

V8bassman
04-04-08, 06:45 PM

Ray

I had a similar bad experience at Lincoln when I registered the Dax. Went to Nottingham, no problems.

Daxman
05-04-08, 02:23 PM
Last week i popped in to manchester DVLA and had a good chat to the lady that deals with kitcars. She told me to contact her as soon as i get a SVA date and she will note it in her diary, then meet me at the SVA test station in chadderton to inspect the car and check/go through the all the paperwork with me to ensure it is correct. She will then take all the paperwork away with her for registration, which i thought was really good service.

Russ