PDA

View Full Version : Europa Mesh kits

rocketmut
03-04-08, 08:06 PM
Just got my copy of Snaketorque & was browsing the Europa bits on the back page. Has anyone had a mesh kit from them and do they do them for different kits, if so what is the quality and fit like.

dave
03-04-08, 08:15 PM
Just got my copy of Snaketorque & was browsing the Europa bits on the back page. Has anyone had a mesh kit from them and do they do them for different kits, if so what is the quality and fit like.

Hey RAS.
You'l be wanting UV lights next aii !;)
And maybe a touch of Burberry here and there..
http://saddestthing.com/images/upload/14_1149715941.jpeg

Mesh will seriously affect airflow to the radiator too.;)

rocketmut
03-04-08, 08:28 PM
Hey RAS.
You'l be wanting UV lights next aii !;)
And maybe a touch of Burberry here and there..
http://saddestthing.com/images/upload/14_1149715941.jpeg

Mesh will seriously affect airflow to the radiator too.;)

..Koff BELA! haha, was thinking more of the scoop & side vents.
Are you be fitting glowing lites, i am vonting dees plees.

Cheers maaate

dave
03-04-08, 08:36 PM
Velcomm to by caaastle.:twisted:

KevinW
03-04-08, 08:39 PM
If you want the mesh, you can have mine for a tenner. You'll need something to cover up the front aperture for sva. pm me if interested.

Kevin

Miket
03-04-08, 10:05 PM
You can also buy the same mesh from B&Q a lot cheaper. :D

rocketmut
04-04-08, 10:07 AM
If you want the mesh, you can have mine for a tenner. You'll need something to cover up the front aperture for sva. pm me if interested.

Kevin

Thanks for the offer Kevin but i'm already on the road.:cool:

AlexB
04-04-08, 10:25 AM
I'm going to take mine off, as it looks so crap. I wouldnt bother buying it for europa's prices!

TINKA
04-04-08, 10:46 AM
If the mesh is too fine as well as looking CRAP :twisted: it can cause your engine to over heat as it reduces the flow of air through the radiator. :(

rocketmut
04-04-08, 12:16 PM
General concensus seems to be don't do the mesh then.

TonyD
04-04-08, 03:40 PM
General concensus seems to be don't do the mesh then.

I'd have to disagree, if mesh is good enough for Bentley and Jaguar its good enough for me.....

Although I think you do need a more open mesh than the very fine type that is available in the "bling and air freshener" shops.

Cheers,

Tony

AlexB
04-04-08, 03:47 PM
That doesnt look to bad, but on the other hand, mine (europa) looks gash!

http://dorkish.com/albums/Cars/Cobra/Pics%20from%20Colin/DSCN5363.JPG

wilf
04-04-08, 03:52 PM
I have to say tho', that one mod I keep meaning to do but have not yet got around to, is to put some kind of mesh in front of the rad (but not over the nose) to protect it against flying stones. Judging by the dents it takes some hits.......had to change the oil cooler a year or two back as well.

Mind you, if you drive like a girly you should be alright...........:twisted:

ALexB - spray it black and it would look better.

Sidecarbod
04-04-08, 05:36 PM
I've got mesh in the nose section, B&Q do some stuff that has diamond shaped holes, maybe 5x8mm in size. They do it in ali and steel, I used ali and sprayed it black.

It's weird but after it was sprayed it became more "see-through"

I might even run two lots of the stuff, one right in the nose and a second piece 50mm in front of the rad. This may seem OTT but brass rads are not very strong and it's a pain in the bum to change due to it being holed (Ask Noel).

I was running the stuff that Pilgrim supply (also availble in B&Q) but it looked too restrictive to keep my 4.6 lump cool.

The stuff from Halfauds ripspeed section looked the same as the B&Q stuff except the sheet is not really wide enough and is way too long and is expensive!

Pete

AlexB
04-04-08, 08:14 PM
I'm just going to remove it. Cob's look way better without it imho