PDA

View Full Version : Registration question.

seph
05-04-08, 12:55 PM
Please forgive me if this has been up before, but I am so confused as to what the correct registration should be on the V5. I am currently looking at buying secondhand and just need things clarifying.

If for instance I was to buy a Sumo the V5 should state Pilgrim Sumo rather than Sierra or Jaguar. Same for Dax or Ak etc.

Thanks

Miket
05-04-08, 01:03 PM
Please forgive me if this has been up before, but I am so confused as to what the correct registration should be on the V5. I am currently looking at buying secondhand and just need things clarifying.

If for instance I was to buy a Sumo the V5 should state Pilgrim Sumo rather than Sierra or Jaguar. Same for Dax or Ak etc.

Thanks

Correct ;) :D :D

seph
05-04-08, 01:08 PM
Correct ;) :D :D

Miket, thanks. Are they hard to sell then if not registered correctly or worthless?

Miket
05-04-08, 01:19 PM
Miket, thanks. Are they hard to sell then if not registered correctly or worthless?

Very difficult to sell and at a greatly reduced price, if they aren't correctly registered there could be a problem getting them taxed and MOT'd without having to go through an SVA test. :( :(

Some people have managed to get them re registered without an SVA, but without all the paperwork from the day it was built you wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance.

seph
05-04-08, 01:22 PM
Thanks, at least I know not what to buy. Now I just need to know what to buy, decision, decisions.