PDA

View Full Version : North Yorks meet tomorrow?

ldtopham
05-04-08, 07:23 PM
As Kev who usually posts a reminder is away, the meet details are below;)
The weather looks ok for the morning and set to turn to wintery showers in the afternoon. Is anyone else daft enough to venture out? I am considering it but without any wet weather gear won't be staying parked up too long if it turns for the worse.

I am about an hour away if anyone fancies meeting up for a drive out. Don't forget your woolly hat;) I'll be aiming to get there for 11.30

Located- Blue Bell Inn, Kirby Hill, Boroughbridge, York, North Yorkshire YO51 9DN
Blue Bell website (http://www.bluebellkirbyhill.co.uk/find_us.htm)
Multimap to Blue Bell (http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=GB%7CYO51%209DN)

We meet around 12:00, pub serves Sunday lunches, sandwhiches and a decent pint.

stag
05-04-08, 08:17 PM
lee

I am about 10mins from the Bluebell, if its not raining or snowing i'll be there.

sean

nuf_said
06-04-08, 12:41 AM
At that time I'll be driving up the A1 (tin top) for a family 'do' in the North East.
Might wave to you all (both)!
Nuf Said

ldtopham
06-04-08, 09:50 AM
Ok, the sun is shining and the sky is perfectly clear in Bradford. 3 of us are setting off at 11.00 from Huddersfield so should be at The Blue Bell for 12.30 - depending on route taken. Myself, Steve (Rocketmutt) and AK Mick.

See you there.

stag
06-04-08, 09:54 AM
weather here in boroughbridge/knaresborough, brilliant, slight frost, not a cloud in site. see you there.

ldtopham
06-04-08, 09:59 AM
Sean, I won't bother with the call. See you there;)

ryan
06-04-08, 05:13 PM
Did you get wet/white ?

rocketmut
06-04-08, 07:25 PM
Did you get wet/white ?

Yes, both, never thought i'd be driving it in the snow!:D

ldtopham
06-04-08, 07:38 PM
I enjoyed the 'white out' Steve, I've got a good pic of your car dissapearing in the blizzard out in front;) I'll post it when I figure out how to get it onto my laptop.

I've just had a text from Mick saying how he never thought he would be so happy to be sat in a warm Nissan Micra:D:D

The car is going to take some cleaning:rolleyes:

ldtopham
06-04-08, 07:45 PM
......just remembered my childish moment at the traffic lights:rolleyes:
2 young lads in a clio or something pulled along side me. They kept revving their engine and I took the bait, a quick prod to 6000rpm, when I looked I swear the passenger had jumped onto the drivers knee:D
He wound the window down and said sh$t do it again that's mental!
Damn near blew his door off:D:D

We had a great run up but the run home was very white, we got caught in a few snow storms in the middle of nowhere, twas fun all the same!

Steve, you have a n/s rear bulb out;)

rocketmut
06-04-08, 07:46 PM
I enjoyed the 'white out' Steve, I've got a good pic of your car dissapearing in the blizzard out in front;) I'll post it when I figure out how to get it onto my laptop.

I've just had a text from Mick saying how he never thought he would be so happy to be sat in a warm Nissan Micra:D:D

The car is going to take some cleaning:rolleyes:

Look forward to seeing that pic, i'm sure Mick's head had shrunk when we got back hehe... gave cars a wipe down, interior/ wheels, will give a good clean tomorrow. Enjoyed the run snow and all.:)

rocketmut
06-04-08, 07:48 PM
......just remembered my childish moment at the traffic lights:rolleyes:
2 young lads in a clio or something pulled along side me. They kept revving their engine and I took the bait, a quick prod to 6000rpm, when I looked I swear the passenger had jumped onto the drivers knee:D
He wound the window down and said sh do it again that's mental!
Damn near blew his door off:D:D

We had a great run up but the run home was very white, we got caught in a few snow storms in the middle of nowhere, twas fun all the same!

Steve, you have a n/s rear bulb out;)

Damn, thought i'd cured that. wonder'd what all the wild rev's were about, you having a mines bigger than yours moment eh.

stag
06-04-08, 08:34 PM
Glad you all got back ok. middle of nowhere was Brimham Rocks, near Summerbridge. unfortunately the road as you saw was shut, so we never got to the village. On a sunny day its a great drive and the road from where we detoured over to Pool Bank is great fun. one to do next time.
more miles, more smiles but now the cleaning starts again.

rocketmut
06-04-08, 09:02 PM
Glad you all got back ok. middle of nowhere was Brimham Rocks, near Summerbridge. unfortunately the road as you saw was shut, so we never got to the village. On a sunny day its a great drive and the road from where we detoured over to Pool Bank is great fun. one to do next time.
more miles, more smiles but now the cleaning starts again.

Thanks Shaun, will do it again when it's sunny.;)

chiffer
07-04-08, 04:15 PM
Sorry could'nt make it yesterday. Too much falling down water the night before. Who's going to Bolton Abbey on the 20th April? Doubt if I will be at the Northern meet this Sunday as we have to go to a wedding fair.:(

ldtopham
07-04-08, 08:23 PM
I am still undecided. I have a hell of a lot on so won't know till nearer the time.

rocketmut
07-04-08, 09:22 PM
I will be there all being well.