PDA

View Full Version : Sva

sprocket
13-04-08, 08:13 PM
Hello everyone,

It's my SVA test tomorrow 14th 8am. Done everything I can think of, a bit worried about the noise test, also the distance getting there.

Wish me luck. Judgement day will soon be here.

I just hope I find the place! My good lady wife is bringing up the rear in our picasso with the entire contents of my garage! She is good to me.

Purple AK
13-04-08, 08:15 PM
Good Luck ;) I expect to be reading your "passed it" post tomorrow :cool:

Toddy
13-04-08, 10:10 PM
Good luck , it will soon be over;)

AlexB
13-04-08, 10:15 PM
Good luck mate, hope it goes OK!

TonyD
13-04-08, 10:52 PM
I expect a post tomorrow beginning,

" Well I towed the Citroen into the SVA car park with my Cobra..............":D

Cheers,

Tony

dolphinboy400
14-04-08, 01:18 PM
how did it go? did you pass ? :D

AlexB
14-04-08, 01:44 PM
Ooh the suspense!

sprocket
14-04-08, 06:57 PM
God I need a beer.....sadly I failed. Day started rather chilly, driving to Shrewsbury at zero degrees. Day deteriorated when I stopped at the Esso to fill up the tank and noticed that my lower radiator hose had taken offence and regurgitated the entire contents of my radiator over the forecourt. Great when I've got 10 minutes to get there and don't know where I'm going........even worse a hot damsel in distress asked for my help as she too had broken down but because I was late (and my wife was looking a little frosty) I had to abandon her. Such an opportunity wasted...

Arrived 10 minutes late but the tester was very nice and helpful. There were a few tiny things not worth mentioning. Some parts supplied as SVA compliant were apparently not, for example the rear view mirror had a sucker which isn't deemed permanent. I did try and argue the toss on this one cos it has a manual lever to assist the suction but never mind, off to Halfords I shall go for a stick on one. My boot handle failed the radius test so I need to get a different one from Dax. The rubber brake hoses from the fluid reservoir had no identification on them as to their standard so I need to change them. Oh and I apparently need to get a foglight like Dave Brooks' because mine isn't bright enough.

Almost worth failing though cos I had a damn good drive (130 mile round trip)! And nothing too difficult to sort out, and the tester (Stuart) was very helpful and friendly. Round two next week...

kayjayd
14-04-08, 07:06 PM
Unlucky but all dead easy to sort out, you'll be on the road in a few weeks :)

AlexB
14-04-08, 07:13 PM
You'll have that lot sorted in no-time, mate.

Better luck next time. :)

Toddy
14-04-08, 07:15 PM
Sprocket, bad luck. The hoses do not need changed. Dax will supply a letter from AP hydraulics certifying the suitability of the hose. Speak to Peter Walker at Dax . That is assuming they are Dax hoses

Daxman
14-04-08, 07:45 PM
Did you get the rear view mirror from dax, if so you should have got a nice shiny one (not SVA friendly) and the plastic one. All you need to do is swap the mirror heads, put the plastic mirror on to the shiny pedestal mounted on you scuttle. one SVA friendly mirror.

hope that makes sense

Also as Toddy said i was sent a photo copy of a letter from AP stating that the hoses are fit for purpose.

Russ

wilf
14-04-08, 08:25 PM
I know it is frustrating when you see people posting about passing SVA first time, but your test really is a reflection on the quality of your build - such minor points, easy to remedy - it really can be down to the luck of the draw sometimes. Well done.

sprocket
14-04-08, 09:06 PM
Thanks everyone,

Just to explain, When I ordered the hoses from dax I asked for 2m of brake hose. When it arrived I got 2 x 1m hoses and the paper statement. I wanted to get the brakes/clutch finished so I bought 1m from a local car spares shop-so is different. I will now hopefully buy enough hose to replace all rubber hoses with relevant markings and be done with it!

Thanks for your support, advice and encouragement.