PDA

View Full Version : Brightwork

Yellowbelly
15-04-08, 09:10 AM
I have seen a lot of references to a company called S&J in recent posts. Who are they and do they have a website as i am looking at suitable options for rear view mirrors. This is not a company that i have come across before. Are they any good?

Noel
15-04-08, 09:26 AM
Good company, great prices, good quality kit BUT do not have a website (in this day and age must be losing them loads of business??)

They attend all the big shows and is where I have bought stuff from them, they do advertise in SnakeTorque though and can be contacted on 01257 262881, address is "Springfield" Shaw Brow, Whittle-le-Woods, Chorley, LAncs, PR6 7LE.

legend
15-04-08, 09:28 AM
Hi Yellowbelly, S&J are a genuine firm with quality products but they dont have a website.

You could also try Staffords website or wait & see S&J at Stoneleigh.

PS nice car!!!!!!

Cheers Tony.

steve_h
15-04-08, 10:02 AM
I have s&j roll bars and boot hinges in stainless very good quality they supply people like europa

also try brasscraft and autobrass, autobrass have just de-VATed so most of there parts are a little cheaper than before

attached the latest price lists I have for them sorry no brasscraft pricelist but i saw there stuff at Detling and it really is 1st class

hope this helps

steve

Yellowbelly
15-04-08, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the replies. I will look out for them at Stoneleigh.

By the way Tony its a Crendon.

Paul.

legend
15-04-08, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Yellowbelly;

Paul.

By the way Paul I knew that.

Tony.

dingocooke
15-04-08, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the replies. I will look out for them at Stoneleigh.

Paul.

yeah common as muck!! Must be an early one (no rear wheel arch lips) looks nice at Cadwell; Englands best circuit IMHO!!

Noel
15-04-08, 12:35 PM
[quote=Yellowbelly;

Paul.

By the way Paul I knew that.

Tony.

I knew Tony knew that too ;)

Yellowbelly
15-04-08, 02:28 PM
Didn't know that Tony knew that but now i do know that Tony knew that. If i did know that Tony knew that then i would not have told Tony that. For everybody else that knew that Tony knew that then i apologise for having told Tony something that Tony already knew.

Miket
15-04-08, 03:54 PM
Must be an early one (no rear wheel arch lips)

Looks like an AK bodied one. ;) :D :D

Noel
15-04-08, 03:55 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself :D :D :D

Purple AK
15-04-08, 04:33 PM
Looks like an AK bodied one. ;) :D :D
Ripe for an AK Hardtop then :D

Yellowbelly
16-04-08, 08:29 AM
Yes it is an AK bodied one. It is one of the last before John developed the more authentic body. I am just looking into weather gear at the moment but will not be going down the hard top route because i built it as an open top car. I already have a tonneau but will be fitting a soft top purely for use on those occasions when you get caught out by the English summer. I have made a set of stainless framed side screens and just need the hood to go with them.
Regards,
Paul