PDA

View Full Version : Cobra of the future!

Daxman
24-05-08, 06:17 PM
Don't know if this has been posted before, Personal i think it's awful.

YouTube - AC Cobra of the Future! The Iconic GTR

Russ

Koos.T
24-05-08, 07:15 PM
What a great looking engine.

I am pleased that there come only 100 cars of these.
In my opinion 99 to much.

tarmacscratcher
24-05-08, 08:25 PM
So this is what happens when a big nasty cobra has sex with a little porsche boxter..........should have been strangled at birth :)

alfiebeard
24-05-08, 10:07 PM
Cant knock the paintjob and panel fit though, engine smart, but it is blatently a b*@tardized cobra in the true sense of the word,:( looks wrong.

Alfie B

chr15w
25-05-08, 08:27 AM
It really pisses me off when Yanks (no offence to American members..) referr to the Cobra as "an American car" The Cobra is a British car with American muscle, even if Shelby had a big hand in the 427 design. Im sure the guys at Thames Ditton would agree

Daxman
25-05-08, 12:14 PM
Heres their web site, for a few more pics.

iconicmotors (http://www.iconicmotors.com)

Russ

colinb
26-05-08, 11:04 AM
Looking at the best bit--petrol filler so smoooooooooth, it would get used so much it would be a pleasure to pay to see it in motion.

Colinb

383 stroker
26-05-08, 09:03 PM
So this is what happens when a big nasty cobra has sex with a little porsche boxter..........should have been strangled at birth :)

with a porsche boxter? more like a squashed vw beetle ....doh sorry that is a porche!

TonyD
26-05-08, 09:38 PM
Looks like the product of a late night drunken mating between a Morgan Aero Eight and a Cobra.............with the Cobra waking up the next morning and looking across and thinking

"I hope my mates didn't see me pull this ugly thing". 9 months later the Cobra is looking at the "baby" and says "Well its got its mothers eyes and my nose, pity its ugly as sin"

Q. Do we really need a fuel cap milled from 80lb billet aluminium to produce a cap weighing 8lbs and which replicates the action of fold away cup holders in legions of repmobiles.....what a waste of time, money and engineering ingenuity.

What do I like? The flip front.........that would make servicing and repairs an absolute doddle.

Overall I'd say employ someone with a flair for design to make the next bodyshape, not Homer Simpson.

Cheers,

Tony

mylesdw
26-05-08, 09:55 PM
Typical of a project carried out by a bunch of software types: they've all been busily working away on a 'cool' fuel cap and no-one even noticed that the car is terminally ugly.

David Large
27-05-08, 07:54 AM
I quite like it. Not blue; no white stripes!

Cheers

DL

simon
27-05-08, 08:24 AM
Man that's FUGLY!

wilf
27-05-08, 09:25 AM
I quite like it. Not blue; no white stripes!

Cheers

DL

HERESY! :mrgreen:

yamoda
09-06-08, 05:38 PM
Some nice touches, doesn't quite come together as a package but TBH I'd rather that than an original looking one.
Having had a couple of Cob's, I'm fed up of the "Replica" look, My first was anally accurate, the second less so, if I do a third, I'll change as much as possible. IMHO, it ain't a real one and it never will be, why pretend? I was there with my first, counting rivets and measuring the gaps between the gauges, etc, etc. Never again, form will follow function next time (If there is a next time!)

alfiebeard
10-06-08, 09:07 AM
Some nice touches, doesn't quite come together as a package but TBH I'd rather that than an original looking one.
Having had a couple of Cob's, I'm fed up of the "Replica" look, My first was anally accurate, the second less so, if I do a third, I'll change as much as possible. IMHO, it ain't a real one and it never will be, why pretend? I was there with my first, counting rivets and measuring the gaps between the gauges, etc, etc. Never again, form will follow function next time (If there is a next time!)

OOOHHH GET HER.:rolleyes::rolleyes:8) bet you,ve got a TVR!!.

Alfie B

AC427
12-06-08, 01:51 PM
Cant knock the paintjob and panel fit though, Alfie B

he was careful closing that door though. i would expect somthing smoother bearing in mind all that sapphire used elsewhere

Steve
12-06-08, 02:53 PM
I thought he was "lifting the hinges"...........

really did look like a design fubar, nothing new and innovative, lots of fiddly and messy

and are they really going to be able to hold the engine against the inlet consistently enough with engine movement, body movement etc