PDA

View Full Version : Soft Top

Iain
23-06-08, 11:44 AM
I got my car back from the Trim Shop yesterday (yes, Sunday) and they've done an excellent job for an excellent price. :mrgreen: He opened up especially so I could collect my car as it was pi**ing it down on the Saturday.

Just need to sort the side screens out and I'm about as waterproof as I could be!

Being the lardy chap that I am I was surprised that I could get in and out of the car with the hood on! :cool: Mind you, it is not a pretty sight! :shock:

However, if going on the time taken for me to fit the hood (for the first time) then it will be a complete waste of money as I'll be drenched by the time I actually get the hood fitted. :rolleyes:

Cobmonster
23-06-08, 11:52 AM
Hi Iain, watch the clouds and aim for a bridge for shelter:rolleyes:.
The funny bit is you think you are dry, then the water starts to run into your lap from around and under the sceen edges. I have to get into mine head first with the hood up.:-D
Looks okay with the hood up.
Tony

Deck
24-06-08, 12:11 AM
Still looks great Iain!! although you've let those sidepipes go to dust! I think if I had those babies I'd be licking them clean...or something suitably adoring...

Is that a stone guard I see blinging in the background? If so how's the fit and are they still available? (not that I'm anywhere near needing them!)

Can you let us in on your ingenious plan for side screens?
Good luck with them.
Cheers
Dec

TINKA
24-06-08, 12:32 AM
Is that a stone guard I see blinging in the background? If so how's the fit and are they still available? (not that I'm anywhere near needing them!)

Can you let us in on your ingenious plan for side screens?
Good luck with them.
Cheers
Dec

That is a stone guard you see in the background but there is a reason he has not fitted it and I bet you can guess why that is ...........................:rolleyes:

Yes you got it :mad: it does not even nearly fit :twisted:

Iain
24-06-08, 12:43 AM
That is a stone guard you see in the background but there is a reason he has not fitted it and I bet you can guess why that is ...........................:rolleyes:

Yes you got it :mad: it does not even nearly fit :twisted:

I was going to sell them as ice skates.... :twisted:

Deck
27-06-08, 12:01 AM
Iain,
Were they from Cobretti? If so I'll buy them off you and see if I've a better fit. I was going to get some off him anyway and there's no point in both of us having stylish ashtrays in the garage!!

I assume if they're from another manufacturer you'd have flogged them on?

I'm at the sanding-filling stage so may be able to "get them to fit"...
I must really love the pain!!

Cheers

Dec

Iain
28-06-08, 06:45 PM
I got them with the Kit from Ken "Super Knob" Cook and they were allegedly made for the Viper. If you're really interested then PM me an offer as I wouldn't know what to ask for them.

Cheers...