PDA

View Full Version : Branscombe is off

ti
23-06-08, 08:35 PM
Hi Chris

My Paper received a report from Mr Cox today informing us that the show has been cancelled and that all the people involved in the show would be informed. :( Have you heard anything Chris ? I will PM you the press release if you like .

westborne
24-06-08, 11:44 AM
NOT A WORD !!!!!

Makes Sherborne a bit more attractive then !!!!

westborne
24-06-08, 11:46 AM
I'm sure I have received my ticket -

Anyway - Terry could you pm me the press release - I'll hunt out Cox's phone number

Miket
24-06-08, 03:59 PM
I'm sure I have received my ticket -

Anyway - Terry could you pm me the press release - I'll hunt out Cox's phone number

I've received my entrance ticket. :confused: :confused:

ti
24-06-08, 06:42 PM
Hi Chris

I have just got off the phone to Mr Cox and he has confirmed what i have said unfortunatly :(. They will be writing to those who have booked and give them a choice as to what they want done with their booking fees - so Culmstock here we come !!!! :D.

Chris if the offer of coffee at yours is still on can you PM me your address and phone number and let me know what time at yours ?

sheppie
24-06-08, 07:43 PM
Hi.
Does anyone know why its off again this year. Ive heard on the grapevine that there is some complainants in the locality and just wondered if a small number of wingers have spoiled many hundreds of peoples pleasure again.
Regards. Jerry.

ti
24-06-08, 08:18 PM
Hi Jerry

Without giving away too much - Yeah your right !!!!!!!!!!
Local Politics i'm afraid. If you buy the Sidmouth Herald on
Friday you should be able to read all about it.

Could we arrange another day out Chris ? Maybe a run to the sun in Devon somewhere, any suggestions.

sheppie
25-06-08, 06:49 AM
Well theres a surprise.
East Devon if full of City influxers looking for the quiet life. East Devon District Council is too quick to listen to these winging b@stards at the expense of the local population IMHO.
Hope to catch up with you at Culmstock (if thats not cancelled too).
Regards. Jerry.

westborne
26-06-08, 03:29 PM
Teryy I have (or will pm you my address and Tel number - Yup coffee is on for Culmstock

How about Sherborne guys we have12 spaces paid for so far - I can always update it

20th July - had receipt through `

westborne
27-06-08, 06:17 AM
Jerry you want coffee as well on The morning of the 6th ?

sheppie
27-06-08, 06:45 AM
Hi Chris.
Many thanks for the offer, but since we are coming from the Eastern side we will meet you there if thats OK.
Thanks again.
Regards. Jerry and Lesley.

Miket
07-07-08, 01:28 PM
What a pathetic excuse for cancellation:( :(

http://www.devon24.co.uk/sidmouthherald/news/story.aspx?brand=smhonline&category=news&tBrand=devon24&tCategory=newssmh&itemid=DEED01%20Jul%202008%2009%3A43%3A54%3A053

Neil O
07-07-08, 06:11 PM
It sounds like the clay shoot was set up just to stop the air show.
Also it looks like the new owner of the land has been a bit lax with the planning permission transfer and number of days issue.:(

It's not just the air show that bugs some of the old fogies over there, it's the fact that there is an airfield there all year, and they don't think it should be allowed to spoil their retirement...:rolleyes:

ti
07-07-08, 08:54 PM
It sounds like the clay shoot was set up just to stop the air show.
Also it looks like the new owner of the land has been a bit lax with the planning permission transfer and number of days issue.:(

It's not just the air show that bugs some of the old fogies over there, it's the fact that there is an airfield there all year, and they don't think it should be allowed to spoil their retirement...:rolleyes:

You are spot on here Neil.

westborne
08-07-08, 06:23 AM
Looks like the NIMBYs have won again - This Country is becoming pathetic and PC

(sorry - that should read "has become!")

ti
14-07-08, 09:47 AM
Hi Chris

I got this through the post this morning.

dingocooke
14-07-08, 11:41 AM
Cheeky buggers!!

I would drop them a letter saying you will take to small claims if not fully refunded.

stu e
14-07-08, 03:11 PM
I'll have to see what comes through my letter box tomorrow, nothing has turned up today
They said non refundable, but surely that only applies if the event takes place and you don't turn up.
I know it's for a good cause but Branscombe had my money for nothing last year.
If they didn't have planning perrmission to hold this event, why organise it and rip all entrants off to the tune of 10 again? Last year was the weather (act of God), this year just being bloody stupid:twisted::twisted:.
Sorry rant over.
Stu.

westborne
15-07-08, 06:25 AM
Morning Stu

I wrote to the organisers yesterday asking for my 20 back - Also (cos I'm known for my subtlety) hinted that I wasn't impressed that they hadn't had the courtesy to drop me a note that the event is cancelled and offering my money back.

Natalie Weaving of Marie Curie Cancer Care wrote to everyone apologising for Culmstock cancellation and offered money back and enclosed a commemerative plaque !!
(I hope you got the letter!)

Catch up soon - did you manage to open the enclosure for entry to Edgecumbe? - I have recived my entry pass - (although no details on timings etc)

stu e
15-07-08, 06:34 AM
Hi Chris
I'm still waiting for my letter to come from Branscombe, but will be writing to them to.
I did get a letter and plaque from Natalie Weaving, totally different attitude to Branscombe, and also a cause I donate to.
I haven't printed off the Mt Edgecombe form as I still haven't got any ink (on my to get list), i'm also not sure if it will jinx the show if i do send off to it, so far i've paid for Culmstock and Branscombe twice and they've been cancelled each time!
Cheers Stu.

westborne
15-07-08, 06:36 AM
Its suddenly clicked

You're the Jonah!!!!

stu e
15-07-08, 06:40 AM
:-D:-D You could be right!!
However living as close as I do to Paignton Zoo, I'm thinking of selling the car and building a big boat in the garden, but must make it big enough for two of each.
I wonder if i'd need planning permission the way it rains around here it would only be temporary!!
Stu
AKA
Jonah

westborne
15-07-08, 06:46 AM
Blimey you are Noah as well !!!

(The beard suits you sir !)

JonnyT
15-07-08, 06:56 AM
Just read the letters - I wasn't going but for those of you who want your money back I can see few reason why it shouldn't be refunded. Non-refundable in the event that you want your money back as you didn't fancy going. Not non-refundable in the event that the organiser has been using / will be using his air strip in excess of his planning permission such that the Police have refused to police an illegal event. Reading between the lines it seems most likely that this is the answer and I suspect the NIMBY line is very much an excuse especially when one reads the line that the shoot had been cancelled (buried at the end of newspaper article).

I know its alleged to be going to charity but I'd be interested to know how much of those donations go to 'administration expenses' - I suspect it will have cost a fortune in cancellation fees to do this.

westborne
15-07-08, 07:04 AM
Thanks - it would seem from the original dialogue with Terry - the offer of "writing and offering money back" - is on the table - we await "cheques in the post"

Its all a shame cos its a great event for cars and you get flying displays thown in !!

Neil O
15-07-08, 09:22 AM
Just read the letters - I wasn't going but for those of you who want your money back I can see few reason why it shouldn't be refunded. Non-refundable in the event that you want your money back as you didn't fancy going. Not non-refundable in the event that the organiser has been using / will be using his air strip in excess of his planning permission such that the Police have refused to police an illegal event. Reading between the lines it seems most likely that this is the answer and I suspect the NIMBY line is very much an excuse especially when one reads the line that the shoot had been cancelled (buried at the end of newspaper article).

I know its alleged to be going to charity but I'd be interested to know how much of those donations go to 'administration expenses' - I suspect it will have cost a fortune in cancellation fees to do this.

I think you'll find the shoot was cancelled after the show was. No need for it to go ahead, as it had served the purpose of stopping the airshow etc.

Neil O
15-07-08, 09:23 AM
Blimey you are Noah as well !!!

(The beard suits you sir !)

Maybe Stu was thinking of Jonafarc?:-D

westborne
15-07-08, 09:41 AM
Maybe

Bring firewood when we next meet Stu and we'll find out !!

Welcome back - Don't rush round with my present

stu e
15-07-08, 03:00 PM
[quote=westborne;254922]Maybe

Bring firewood when we next meet Stu and we'll find out !!

Been to the wood yard at Ipplepen today, have ordered enough for the Arc, just need to sort out planning now.
I wont be bringing any as fire wood it's too expensive!! Maybe a bit of sawdust and I could be cold smoked.

I thought Jonah was something to do with an Albatros and a Mariners Rhyme. Perhaps I should have paid more attention at school, i always found girls and mopeds more interesting:rolleyes:.

stu e
15-07-08, 03:29 PM
I forgot to say that I also got some ink for my printer today. Should I print off this form for Mt Edgecombe and send it off, or am i asking for trouble:rolleyes:
Stu

Neil O
15-07-08, 03:31 PM
I forgot to say that I also got some ink for my printer today. Should I print off this form for Mt Edgecombe and send it off, or am i asking for trouble:rolleyes:
Stu

Entries closed today. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Only joking.;)

stu e
16-07-08, 06:41 AM
Neil you misread my post:D.

I wanted to know if I was aking FOR trouble not actually asking trouble:-D.

Stu.

westborne
17-07-08, 06:47 AM
Stop dancing around the Handbags and post the Bl**dy thing !!!

stu e
17-07-08, 06:59 AM
Handbags!!!
Don't forget I'm a newbie to the SouthWest, a Jonah, Noah with a handbag. Is this a something I have to do before being accepted by the locals??
Stu

PS will post the form today.

westborne
17-07-08, 07:15 AM
Blimey - don't tell me we forgot the Initiation Ceremony ?

neil - you're in charge of the plunger and the pink handbag - failed in your duty again !!!!

stu e
17-07-08, 07:18 AM
Blimey - don't tell me we forgot the Initiation Ceremony ?

neil - you're in charge of the plunger and the pink handbag - failed in your duty again !!!!

Could be worse you were talking about firewood earlier:shock:

Neil O
17-07-08, 08:49 AM
Could be worse you were talking about firewood earlier:shock:

That's the second part of the ceremony.:twisted:

It's interesting to note that few survive the ordeal in the same mental state they started.;)

stu e
17-07-08, 09:42 AM
It's interesting to note that few survive the ordeal in the same mental state they started.;)[/quote]

That explains a lot:-D:-D.

wilf
17-07-08, 10:19 AM
You can say that again...........

Incidentally Oakers, are you going to the Silverstone Classic?

Neil O
17-07-08, 10:49 AM
You can say that again...........

Incidentally Oakers, are you going to the Silverstone Classic?

If the wife's listening...."no I can't make it".

If she isn't listening...."I'm going to see if I can sneak off for the weekend".;)

Miket
17-07-08, 12:46 PM
If the wife's listening...."no I can't make it".

If she isn't listening...."I'm going to see if I can sneak off for the weekend".;)

Just tell her you've booked to go to the annual Silverstone gay convention. ;) ;) :D :D

westborne
17-07-08, 03:25 PM
Nice to see Neil upholding the SW reputation
Who is his style guru?

stu e
17-07-08, 06:40 PM
I got my letter from the Branscombe organisers today. I feel a letter coming on!
Stu.

Miket
17-07-08, 06:43 PM
I got my letter from the Branscombe organisers today. I feel a letter coming on!
Stu.

Same here :( :(

wilf
17-07-08, 07:41 PM
Nice to see Neil upholding the SW reputation
Who is his style guru?

Worzel Gummidge?

westborne
18-07-08, 06:49 AM
Got two letters from Branscombe

(I did write recently and ask for my two entry fees back for 08)

Basically - If I send a stamped addressed envelope they will refund 07 fee less 5 for admin
Nothing for 08 !!

So from memory the 07 fee was 8 (I'll have to check)

So net effect - paid out 18 (at least) for personal entry over the past two years and could get 3 back !! (after God knows how many stamped addressed envelopes) Gosh - I'm rich !!

They are asking us to write to them ref the so called "village association" - the group that screwed it up this year so they can pass on our anger at the cancellation.

Not happy about the way this has been handled

Neil O
18-07-08, 08:27 AM
Who is his style guru?

Wilf "Gok" Leek.

wilf
18-07-08, 08:45 AM
I note that with a name like "GoK Wan", only one letter needs to be moved to describe how I feel about him............

Neil O
18-07-08, 02:30 PM
I note that with a name like "GoK Wan", only one letter needs to be moved to describe how I feel about him............

OK Wang? :confused:

snakebite
18-07-08, 03:42 PM
OK Wang? :confused:

nag wok:rolleyes:

wilf
18-07-08, 04:49 PM
You are just being deliberately difficult. Hard to believe, really. :mrgreen:

ti
24-07-08, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone.
Have a look at my new thread Entitled - Branscombe is back on.