PDA

View Full Version : A smile on his face !!!

westborne
30-06-08, 06:43 AM
One of our founding members has a new toy !!!

Nice Motor !!!!

Mind you I nearly got my cheque book out as well - until I saw the price of the cuflinks !!!

Clive
30-06-08, 07:55 AM
I wonder if he saw Top Gear's Cool Wall last night? :(

Neil O
30-06-08, 08:03 AM

Yes, I thought the same thing.:mrgreen:

However, knowing Steve, he won't care how uncool it gets and rightly so. That is one good looking car. 8)

Miket
30-06-08, 09:28 AM
Nice, just a tiny bit envious :( :D :D

Is it a Jag based chassis :confused: :rolleyes: :cool: :cool: :D

Neil O
30-06-08, 10:29 AM
It's only a Ford I suppose.......I feel better now.:mrgreen:

TINKA
30-06-08, 10:30 AM
Lovely car Steve, but like the others have said my mind goes back to what the hamster had to say :twisted: :twisted:

wilf
30-06-08, 10:39 AM
The hamster is ill-informed - those cars are drop dead gorgeous!

Iain
30-06-08, 11:27 AM
I certainly wouldn't turn down an Aston if somebody was handing them out! :rolleyes:

Sorry but I think that the Hamster is definitely wrong on this one...

TINKA
30-06-08, 11:52 AM
The hamster is ill-informed - those cars are drop dead gorgeous!

Could not agree more. Been out in a few of them now and they are just fantastic :D

snakebite
30-06-08, 12:43 PM

B******R missed it, having to good a time driving the new toy. Did they knock the Aston? If they did I don't care I think the Aston is a piece of automotive art and is certainly quick enough for me :-D.

Miket
30-06-08, 12:53 PM
B******R missed it, having to good a time driving the new toy. Did they knock the Aston? If they did I don't care I think the Aston is a piece of automotive art and is certainly quick enough for me :-D.

They didn't knock the Aston, just the owners. :twisted: ;) :D :D

All the overpaid footballers where buying them. :( :D

lutman
30-06-08, 01:24 PM
One of our founding members has a new toy !!!

Nice Motor !!!!

Mind you I nearly got my cheque book out as well - until I saw the price of the cuflinks !!!

Sod cufflinks - wait til you get the service bills ! Just had a routine service on DB7 rag top but also changed the auto gearbox sump gasket(minor leak) and g/box filter - 1800 quids !!!
LSD Diff oil is 15 quid - but needs a supplement an extra 35 quid !!! Roll on the Daytona arriving

dingocooke
30-06-08, 02:32 PM
Nice motor, re servicing, Ive always believed Astons, Ferraris etc are like Helicopters, its not the buying you have to have deep pockets for it's the running!!

Nice one!!!

Chimeara
30-06-08, 02:38 PM
And the cockometer goes wild lol. Seriously though that Vantage is one sweet motor. I shotgun the first ride at the next club meet though steve in return for storing your car lol.

dingocooke
30-06-08, 02:42 PM
They didn't knock the Aston, just the owners. :twisted: ;) :D :D

All the overpaid footballers where buying them. :( :D

are there any underpaid footballers??? :D :D

Neil O
30-06-08, 02:57 PM
Steve's more into tennis.:-D

Must be the strong wrist.........:twisted:

I think that might just have ruled me out of a lift to Le Mans....doh!:mrgreen:

maxGD059
30-06-08, 04:48 PM

Try friday 9pm BBC2 then ;)

runt
30-06-08, 06:48 PM
Not inspired by every contemporary Aston, but that is very tasty, and if you keep it for years it may become super valuable; look at DB4/5/6 values, doubled in last year or so, a PROPERLY sound DB5 now makes 100k+..!
All this panic re; a cold wind blowing through the economy, real estate downwardly spiralling etc. but the classic car scene: values have gone MAD!

Paul/runt:confused:

westborne
01-07-08, 06:28 AM
Neil - surely you don't need a lift to Le Mans now that your motor is doing what it is supposed to do ?

Seriously nice car Steve !! - Mind you the salesman was impressed with the Cobs!!

(especially Neil's as he's got a bigger motor than most)

Neil O
01-07-08, 11:45 AM
Seriously nice car Steve !! - Mind you the salesman was impressed with the Cobs!!

(especially Neil's as he's got a bigger motor than most)

I wonder if he'll do a part-ex............;)

snakebite
01-07-08, 11:49 AM
Try friday 9pm BBC2 then ;)

Will do - thanks!:-P

snakebite
01-07-08, 11:59 AM
Steve's more into tennis.:-D

Must be the strong wrist.........:twisted:

Strong wrist....you play tennis your way and I'll play it mine.:-D

andy l
06-07-08, 10:35 AM
Hi Steve

very nice, i do love them also, when i can nolonger use the cob, i will have one in the garage, love the colour, happy motoring, are you letting the cob go, Andy