PDA

View Full Version : Horsham Meet This Weds / Thurs

V8 BJC
30-06-08, 09:09 PM
OK Chaps, Old thread now deleted so lets start again.

Plan was to meet Wed somewhere around Horsham, Cuckfield depending on whos coming.

So lets see who can do Weds / Thurs & we can go from there. Will do weds as planned unless Thurs suits all.

I can do either day.

dave.n
30-06-08, 09:23 PM
OK Chaps, Old thread now deleted so lets start again.

Plan was to meet Wed somewhere around Horsham, Cuckfield depending on whos coming.

So lets see who can do Weds / Thurs & we can go from there. Will do weds as planned unless Thurs suits all.

I can do either day.

Brian
Please feel free to bring this meet under the south east "banner" if it helps or you wish to avoid treading on anyones toes or it makes it easier (only if you want to or need to' your more than welcome) whether it be a one off or a regular thing it sounds good to me.

The more meets out there the better and whether it be official or un-official it makes perfect sense to get out and meet ya mates.

I'm sure no one will mind if you use this forum and who knows I might find Horsham or Cuckfield on my sat-nav one evening.
As our region is so vast and we have a Maidstone meet and a Grasshopper meet why shouldn't there be a meet over that side of the area. Makes perfect sense. :p

craggle
30-06-08, 09:37 PM
Either day would be OK for me. I'll take the non raining day if possible!:mrgreen:

Anywhere around the Horsham area is OK for me. I guess if this proves popular we could move the meeting point around a bit to suit more people.

Craig.

Purple AK
30-06-08, 09:39 PM
Either is good for us Brian (Work Dependant)

legend
30-06-08, 09:54 PM
I would prefer Wednesday, what time start are you thinking of ?

No further east than Horsham for me as thats an hours drive.

V8 BJC
01-07-08, 09:08 AM
I was thinking of 8pm onwards.

Cant think of a decent place in Horsham.

Need some local knowledge. Where has Cliffirds vanished too?

KevinW
01-07-08, 11:41 AM
The Swan in Fittleworth - I think they are used to a variety of automotive machinery turning up...

The Swan Inn of Fittleworth Chichester Accomodation (http://www.swaninn.com/defIndex.asp?strPre=imgExt01&strPro=imgLnd03&strNav=Hom)

Thurs best for me.

legend
01-07-08, 11:43 AM
There is a pub called The Fox on the A281 at Rudgewick does anyone know it ?

craggle
01-07-08, 12:40 PM
I know the Fox as I have a friend who lives in Rudgewick.

Never been in there myself but apparently is quite nice and looking at Google earth the car park looks a reasonable size.

Craig.

Trevor
01-07-08, 01:41 PM
A trip to a venue between Horsham and Rudgwick on a sunny evening sounds inviting.
I have found most Sunday meets difficult to get to this year.
Trevor

KevinW
01-07-08, 05:35 PM
Another alternative:

Onslow Arms in Loxwood, by the canal. Very nice location.

Onslow Arms in Loxwood, West Sussex | Horsham Pub Guide (http://www.horshampub.co.uk/onslow_arms.html)

dodger
01-07-08, 05:55 PM
Hi Brian,

Sound like a great idea.

One suggestion is:- The Cherry Tree Inn - Location:- Faygate

Address:- Crawley Rd, Faygate, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 4SA

Tel:- 01293-851305

It is on the A264 between the A 23 & the A24

This has a 9/10 rating under the Casque Marque rating

Have a look at :- BITE # pubs and bars - beerintheevening.com (http://www.beerintheevening.com/)

Should be a good pub with a good size car park on this web site.

I'll have a look at the forum later to see where you are meeting.

dodger
01-07-08, 09:21 PM
Don't want to put a damper on this but the weather forecast for Wednesday & Thursday is Heavy Rain ? ? ?

Friday is showing Sunny

What dop you think ? ?

craggle
01-07-08, 09:25 PM
I was a bit concerned by the radio this evening that said thundery showers tommorow.:(

Any day is good with me as is the Faygate, Slinfold or the Loxwood venue.

Craig.

V8 BJC
01-07-08, 09:44 PM
Brian
Please feel free to bring this meet under the south east "banner" if it helps or you wish to avoid treading on anyones toes or it makes it easier (only if you want to or need to' your more than welcome) whether it be a one off or a regular thing it sounds good to me.

The more meets out there the better and whether it be official or un-official it makes perfect sense to get out and meet ya mates.

I'm sure no one will mind if you use this forum and who knows I might find Horsham or Cuckfield on my sat-nav one evening.
As our region is so vast and we have a Maidstone meet and a Grasshopper meet why shouldn't there be a meet over that side of the area. Makes perfect sense. :p

Dave, not sure how I ended up with this as all I did was reply to another thread. The idea was to get a few people around our local area together for a drive out while the weather was good.

Not sure who has the big toes and really don't care. Just want to get out in my car and meet up with a few local people that I have not met who don't go to the GH.

Personally, I dont want to be fixed to a regular meet time place, just want to do impromptu things and drive out somewhere that suits who fancies coming on the day. If others want to do something more regular, thats up to them.

Not sure what the deal is regarding making meets official or not as all I want to do is drive my car with like minded folk.

What is the difference betwen official / non official ???

V8 BJC
01-07-08, 10:03 PM
My orginal idea was to meet in Crawley as there are now 4/5 cars in the town. Great if others from nearby fancy it too but difficult to please all. Crawley is also pretty Central between Dorking & Uckfield.

I had thought about the Cherry Tree (also suggested by Dodger) last night. Not been there for a long while but real easy to find and they have a large car park.

So thats where meet will be.
Cherry Tree Inn, Faygate, West Sussex, RH12 4SA - pub details # beerintheevening.com (http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/56/5643/Cherry_Tree_Inn/Faygate)

Weather wise, Weds looks apalling, Thurs better and Friday better still.

Lets go for Thursday 8pm & if the weather is not good, we can do Friday if others fancy it.

See ya there

Brian

Purple AK
01-07-08, 10:22 PM
My orginal idea was to meet in Crawley as there are now 4/5 cars in the town. Great if others from nearby fancy it too but difficult to please all. Crawley is also pretty Central between Dorking & Uckfield.

I had thought about the Cherry Tree (also suggested by Dodger) last night. Not been there for a long while but real easy to find and they have a large car park.

So thats where meet will be.
Cherry Tree Inn, Faygate, West Sussex, RH12 4SA - pub details # beerintheevening.com (http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/56/5643/Cherry_Tree_Inn/Faygate)

Weather wise, Weds looks apalling, Thurs better and Friday better still.

Lets go for Thursday 8pm & if the weather is not good, we can do Friday if others fancy it.

See ya there

Brian
Go for it Thurs/Fri is probably better for us :D Glad someone has made the dissission :rolleyes: ;)

V8 BJC
01-07-08, 10:25 PM
Weather better behave, just put my car back together

dodger
01-07-08, 11:42 PM
OK sounds good.

Thursday evening unless it's raining.

If so then Friday.

See you all there.

Clarkson
02-07-08, 12:03 AM
Seeya in the Tintop!:(

craggle
02-07-08, 08:05 AM
With any luck, Be there in the Dax on Thursday or Friday if the weather plays up.

Look forward to it.

Craig.

V8 BJC
03-07-08, 06:43 PM
Quick rain shower now passes and luvly sunshine again in Crawley.

Rain clouds moving south and passing over real quick.

So will be at Cherry Tree tonight at 8pm

craggle
03-07-08, 06:50 PM
Still peeing down here and black clouds all around.

Not tonight for me I'm afraid. Maybe next time.

Craig.

Purple AK
03-07-08, 07:10 PM
Only just got in from work!!!! Still those LM Beer Vouchers have to be earned :D

V8 BJC
03-07-08, 07:26 PM
Thunder, lightling and rain to go with it just turned up here.

Bl**dy weather :rolleyes:

Guess we will have to sort another day.

Till next time

craggle
03-07-08, 08:57 PM
S'pose your all off to LeMans next week?:(

Maybe sort another meet out after that.

Anyone near the Guildford area on Sunday could come to the Guildford cruise.
Steer clear of Stoke park though as there's a music festival on this weekend.

Craig.

V8 BJC
03-07-08, 11:15 PM
S'pose your all off to LeMans next week?:(

Maybe sort another meet out after that.

Craig.

Yep, and then Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Luxemburg, Belgium and back.
Cant wait.

Met up with Clarkson and Dodger tonight.

Lets sort something else when we are back

Brian

Miket
03-07-08, 11:25 PM
Yep, and then Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Luxemburg, Belgium and back.
Cant wait.

Met up with Clarkson and Dodger tonight.

Lets sort something else when we are back

Brian

Don't forget to buy your Swiss Motorway pass (Vignette) before you travel on them or it could cost you a fortune in fines. ;) ;)

Have a great journey. :cool: :D

V8 BJC
04-07-08, 08:44 AM
Don't forget to buy your Swiss Motorway pass (Vignette) before you travel on them or it could cost you a fortune in fines. ;) ;)

Have a great journey. :cool: :D

Thanks for that Mike.

Whats all that about then?

Clarkson
04-07-08, 07:56 PM
Thanks for that Mike.

Whats all that about then?

I got caught out with this years ago cause I got lost and ended up on the motorway for one juction in a hire car! Cost me 60 for motorway sticker for my windscreen at the toll booth.:(:(