PDA

View Full Version : Mt Edgecumbe Car Show

westborne
01-07-08, 06:38 AM
Barrie has tracked down the ‘very nice ‘ lady who organises the Mt Edgecumbe Classic Car Show, Margot Tindsley! She is very keen for us to attend as a club. They have over 400 cars booked to date and a number of car clubs who have booked need to confirm actual numbers. There are a lot of American classics ( the show is known for their attendance ). MG Car Club, Panther Car Club, Route 38 American Car Club, to name a few. We will have our own area and can display flags or promo stuff if we want. Date is Sunday 3rd August at Mt Edgcumbe a stately pile and park overlooking Devonport and Plymouth just past Torpoint at Cremyll.
Margot is sending Barrie all the details and entry forms which I can send on around the club There is a big craft fair, entertainment and country stalls and is one of the biggest fund raisers for Hospice Care South West. And there are various categories we can enter ( club, individual and best of marque) for the concours.
If Branscombe is off the week before then it is a good opportunity and quite close!!

So who is up for it ?? I am and Andy L has already said yes !!

stu e
17-07-08, 06:36 PM
I can now officially take the blame if it rains in the Plymouth area on the 3rd of August.
I sent the form off today and with my new found status, i accept all responsibility;).

Just so long as the initiation is forgotten about:D.
Stu.

Toddy
17-07-08, 09:18 PM
I am in Cornwall on holiday, will not have the Cob with us but may have a run over !

srv8dave
18-07-08, 02:21 PM
Got the bit of cardboard to put in the windscreen on monday, will take a good jacket! I would recommend the A38 Tamar bridge route rather than the Torpoint ferry as the on/off ramps can be VERY steep.

westborne
18-07-08, 03:21 PM
Unlike Sherborne - which has all the instructions - timings etc - All I got was a bit of cardboard

Will have to get Barry to find out timings etc

Will broadcast timings when get details

Pray for a Decent Sunday - for Sherborne weather

stu e
18-07-08, 06:16 PM
Unlike Sherborne - which has all the instructions - timings etc - All I got was a bit of cardboard

Will have to get Barry to find out timings etc

Will broadcast timings when get details

Pray for a Decent Sunday - for Sherborne weather

On the entry form it says that cars arriving after 1PM will not be judged and park seperately. I guess you should aim for before 1

Stu.

stu e
21-07-08, 03:02 PM
I got my entry ticket for Mt Edgecumbe today, I see what you mean, a definate lack of any info with it.
Is this because i live in Devon and the Cornish don't really want me to turn up?:rolleyes:
Stu.

Neil O
21-07-08, 03:06 PM
I got my entry ticket for Mt Edgecumbe today, I see what you mean, a definate lack of any info with it.
Is this because i live in Devon and the Cornish don't really want me to turn up?:rolleyes:
Stu.

Got it in one. :mrgreen:

stu e
21-07-08, 03:08 PM
Got it in one. :mrgreen:
Is this a cross border ( not dresser, as I've not had the initition yet) thing or is it just me?

Neil O
21-07-08, 03:26 PM
Depends.
Where were you born?

stu e
21-07-08, 03:38 PM
Depends.
Where were you born?
In a hospital.:D

Neil O
21-07-08, 04:12 PM
In a hospital.:D

How long were you without oxygen?

stu e
21-07-08, 06:07 PM
About 8 months, I believe. I arrived a bit earlier than I should have done.

Purple AK
21-07-08, 06:22 PM
Not as long as............. No I can't stoop that low :twisted: :mrgreen: Really, Really :rolleyes:

stu e
21-07-08, 06:34 PM
Not as long as............. No I can't stoop that low :twisted: :mrgreen: Really, Really :rolleyes:
Go on, you know you want to.:mrgreen:

Neil O
21-07-08, 07:11 PM
About 8 months, I believe. I arrived a bit earlier than I should have done.

You'll not be drawn will you Stu?
I can see I am going to have to work a bit harder with you.:mrgreen:;)

stu e
30-07-08, 03:57 PM
I've just been reading the entry form for this show and realised i need to take my insurance details with me, my insurance renewal is sunday and I wont have a valid certificate in time, as they will not send one out until the date of renewal. Do any of you guys think it will cause a problem?
Stu.

Miket
30-07-08, 04:20 PM
I've just been reading the entry form for this show and realised i need to take my insurance details with me, my insurance renewal is sunday and I wont have a valid certificate in time, as they will not send one out until the date of renewal. Do any of you guys think it will cause a problem?
Stu.

If renewal is Sunday they usually run out at midnight, so you will be ok, just take your old one. ;) :D

stu e
30-07-08, 06:00 PM
If renewal is Sunday they usually run out at midnight, so you will be ok, just take your old one. ;) :D
Unfortunately it runs out midnight saturday:(

westborne
31-07-08, 06:51 AM
It won't be a problem - Barrie says its just a standard statement. He's checked with the organisers.

stu e
31-07-08, 07:24 AM
Thanks Chris

Toddy
31-07-08, 07:24 AM
Anyone got any more details on this show ie Start time, and are dogs allowed
I am going to try and have a run over from Holywell :D

stu e
02-08-08, 11:12 AM
Is anybody east of Cornwall meeting up on the way to the show?

srv8dave
02-08-08, 03:28 PM
:)We are meeting at the 'Route 38' diner on trurulefoot roundabout at about 9.15 for a coffee then on to show mate.

westborne
04-08-08, 06:28 AM
It was good to meet up with a few new people - yes I remembered the gazebo - brought the CRC pole but forgot the flag !!!

Thanks Barry for liaising on this - I think we even got a new member !! - Roy and Moira with their Sumo V6 - (must find the membership forms)

The road in and out was tight - and even though I left early - I got caught in the rain - that was no shower - p*ssed it down all the way back to Cullompton !!!!!

stopped and put the hood up back at cafe 38 - Barry tells me thay had to wait right to the end to get out -

Good show - must be great in the Sunshine !

Bet you're glad I left the gazebo !!

westborne
04-08-08, 06:33 AM
Forgot to mention it was good to meet up with Toddy and his family from Cumbria - Hope your holiday goes well - Cornish weather hopefully will improve.

Dave - remember your umbrella next time !! - Car looks good in black !!

westborne
04-08-08, 06:34 AM
Notice from the photo's that Andy L is the gazebo "Erection King" - formed a steering group and only took an hour !!!

Really admire the AK in Audi Grey !!!

stu e
04-08-08, 07:05 AM
The road in and out was tight - and even though I left early - I got caught in the rain - that was no shower - p*ssed it down all the way back to Cullompton !!!!!

stopped and put the hood up back at cafe 38 - Barry tells me thay had to wait right to the end to get out -

Bet you're glad I left the gazebo !![/quote]

We must have left soon after you, unfortunately the Police seemed to close the roads in front of us as we were going along, we also had an Austin Healey breakdown in front of us on a single track bit:cry:, caused a bit of a tail back that did!!
Didn't have the luxury of stopping to put up a hood as I don't have one, once home I had to drill the footwells to let the inch of water out:sad:, it was a nice drive out except for the return journey. Will go again if the weather is a bit better next year.
Also thanks to Roy and Moira for lending us an umbrella for the day.

srv8dave
05-08-08, 03:18 PM
Forgot to mention it was good to meet up with Toddy and his family from Cumbria - Hope your holiday goes well - Cornish weather hopefully will improve.

Dave - remember your umbrella next time !! - Car looks good in black !!

Umbrella is now installed in boot ;)(unlike carpet) After the cars first 60 miles I have a load of small teething troubles to get along with but count me in for next year, damn good turnout of cars considering the rain!

andy l
05-08-08, 06:37 PM
Notice from the photo's that Andy L is the gazebo "Erection King" - formed a steering group and only took an hour !!!

Really admire the AK in Audi Grey !!!

Thanks for that ;). Its dry and all repaired now, and marked up for easy erection next time, great to meet you all, hope to see you all at the next meet, all the best, Andy

Toddy
16-08-08, 08:28 AM
Holiday went well thanx. Was good to meet up with you guys.
I would have liked to hang around the Cobs a bit longer (like all day!) but with the boss and kids its not possible;)
WEATHER I could have stayed in Cumbria for a fortnight of rain !!
Edgecombe : Great setting for the show well worth the visit, but as some of you have said roads narrow and police sending old cars down that single track, one was bound to break down in that rain.