PDA

View Full Version : the end is nigh

KevinW
03-07-08, 09:51 AM
.... will be deleting the Crendon and Hawk tech tips shortly as they aren't used. ....

Gentlemen, your days are numbered....

robert
03-07-08, 09:58 AM
Gentlemen, your days are numbered....

They will be moved into the general tech tips. ;)

wilf
03-07-08, 12:23 PM
Rather like Rolls Royces, which never break down, only "fail to proceed", we Crendon owners need no "tech tips", just "occasional hints"............the evidence is irrefutable and before your eyes - an unused forum. :mrgreen:

Actually, I think it also says a great deal for the helpfulness of John Kerr at Crendon.

robert
03-07-08, 12:40 PM
Rather like Rolls Royces, which never break down, only "fail to proceed", we Crendon owners need no "tech tips", just "occasional hints"............the evidence is irrefutable and before your eyes - an unused forum. :mrgreen:

Actually, I think it also says a great deal for the helpfulness of John Kerr at Crendon.

Or the limited number of Crendons produced. ;)

Neil O
03-07-08, 12:55 PM

As Wilf told me when I first ordered my Crendon, "it will just build itself Neil".
Never a truer word spoken in jest........:mrgreen:

wilf
03-07-08, 01:46 PM

Tch tch - just being picky again................:mrgreen:

Of course Crendon numbers are limited - rather in the same way that a Premier Cru vintage Chablis is limited..........it's all about taste old chap. :-D

dingocooke
03-07-08, 01:49 PM
As Wilf told me when I first ordered my Crendon, "it will just build itself Anthony".

fixed it for you ;-)

robert
03-07-08, 01:52 PM
Tch tch - just being picky again................:mrgreen:

Of course Crendon numbers are limited - rather in the same way that a Premier Cru vintage Chablis is limited..........it's all about taste old chap. :-D

Picky, pedantic, me, never. :p

Premier vintage is good, but after the 4th bottle, do you really notice. :D

dingocooke
03-07-08, 01:54 PM
I was always more of a one bottle of Lambrini kind of guy; thats in take one bottle of Lambrini with you and pick up a slapper ;-)

wilf
03-07-08, 03:46 PM
Your registration number is more apt than even I had realised...........:mrgreen:

dingocooke
03-07-08, 03:50 PM
hey thats not pikey; thats just a combination of being a pervert who'se not too bothered about booze!!

Pikey is trying to save 50 on an oil cooler set up for a 30,000 car...........;-)

dave.n
03-07-08, 04:19 PM
I was always more of a one bottle of Lambrini kind of guy; thats in take one bottle of Lambrini with you and pick up a slapper ;-)

LOL :p

I seem to remember you mentioning you had been to Essex in a different thread. All falls into place now.

robert
03-07-08, 04:20 PM

Isn't blue nun a better tipple? :D:mrgreen:

dingocooke
03-07-08, 04:21 PM

I seem to remember you mentioning you had been to Essex in a different thread. All falls into place now.

hehe yeah you got me bang to rights guv!!

Neil O
03-07-08, 04:22 PM

I suppose it would "fall into place", a drunk Dungo and an Essex.......ooops better stop there.;)

dingocooke
03-07-08, 04:22 PM
Isn't blue nun a better tipple? :D:mrgreen:

Blue nun, BLUE NUN..........god I dont want a posh bird, I want one that puts out just after we leave the off sales...;-)

Grey Ghost
03-07-08, 04:24 PM
Perhaps if this sells a new owner could start to use the forum

AC : Rare Crendon CR427 Cobra for sale (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/587619.htm)

Neil O
03-07-08, 04:24 PM
Blue nun, BLUE NUN..........god I dont want a posh bird, I want one that puts out just after we leave the off sales...;-)

A bottle of natch will do it round here......:mrgreen:

dingocooke
03-07-08, 04:32 PM
Perhaps if this sells a new owner could start to use the forum

AC : Rare Crendon CR427 Cobra for sale (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/587619.htm)

Thats a nice car, and cheap as chips at that money; its an early one with the AK body (note no lips on rear arches, moulded in bonnet scoop etc)

KevinW
03-07-08, 05:09 PM
a bad set of pics IMHO - nothing on cockpit or engine bay or any other details.

wilf
03-07-08, 05:20 PM
It's a Crendon! We don't need no steenkin peectures! :mrgreen:

KevinW
03-07-08, 05:35 PM
- but you're already a convert, so you dont need pics.

I meant it isnt very attractive for potential buyers (who arent so well informed)- most cars would look great parked on a nice drive in some sunshine. Pics dont show what a crendon really has to offer. :-)

wilf
03-07-08, 08:36 PM
I tell you what tho' - at that price it is a total steal. Compare that to the 28k Essex Dax - no competition whatsoever.

hairysanta
03-07-08, 09:07 PM
Hi Guys,
Returning to the start of this thread, Is this the same reason why there isn't a SRV8 tech tip section (there so good):twisted:

awaiting incoming:)

Pete

dingocooke
03-07-08, 09:23 PM
Yes agree totally, although anyone seriously looking in the 20k region would be mad not to look at it. Im guessing that if JK built it it will be spot on?
Thinking back to the last few silver 427 shaped cobras Ive seen for sale (a really well sorted RAM and a cracking AK) they've all stuck; maybe its a colour thing.

dingocooke
03-07-08, 10:36 PM
Hi Guys,
Returning to the start of this thread, Is this the same reason why there isn't a SRV8 tech tip section (there so good):twisted:

awaiting incoming:)

Pete

Im sure Andy S will confirm that!!!

Neil O
04-07-08, 09:51 AM
Total Headturners had a similar spec Crendon for sale for around 34k !!

I agree 22k is a steal. Someone get over there and bite the guy's arm off!!

dingocooke
04-07-08, 10:01 AM
Im surprised the guy who has posted on here looking at various Dax's hasnt looked at it, at that money it (assuming it isnt hiding a big problem) its a good buy to just sell on again; my guess is sovereign or another dealer will spot it pretty soon and it'll be gone for 20k; re- appearing a little better presented and at 29,950.....

KevinW
04-07-08, 04:44 PM
I tell you what tho' - at that price it is a total steal. Compare that to the 28k Essex Dax - no competition whatsoever.

.....true.

Neil O
05-07-08, 03:03 PM
my guess is sovereign or another dealer will spot it pretty soon and it'll be gone for 20k; re- appearing a little better presented and at 29,950.....

Yup.:(

If I had a spare 20k, I would buy it, probably without even seeing it first.:-D

'If' being the operative word......sadly.:(

wilf
05-07-08, 03:53 PM
Hmm - 3 or 4 of us throwing in 5k each? Could be worth it as an investment - wait a couple of years and sell it for 20,005?

KevinW
07-07-08, 03:02 PM
OK guys, I'm in.
I'll happily garage it for you if needed :mrgreen:

Ian 46
13-07-08, 07:14 PM
As Wilf told me when I first ordered my Crendon, "it will just build itself Neil".

Guys, I've just returned from two weeks holiday in 'la Belle France' - opened my garage door, and my Crendon doesn't appear to be any further advanced in its construction than when I left it; am I doing something wrong or is there a hidden button to press for the self assemby mode?

wilf
14-07-08, 04:32 PM
Crendons don't like the Fr*nch...........:mrgreen:

Miket
15-07-08, 01:42 PM
Crendons don't like the Fr*nch...........:mrgreen:

And the French don't like Crendons, especially the one that went under the track tunnel at Le Mans, probably half a dozen deaf froggies wandering around now. ;) ;) :D :D

Neil O
15-07-08, 04:49 PM
And the French don't like Crendons, especially the one that went under the track tunnel at Le Mans, probably half a dozen deaf froggies wandering around now. ;) ;) :D :D

Oooops.

More like a small train load and a Jeep full of deaf frogs........:twisted:
I thought it was pretty loud, and I knew I was going to gun it.:mrgreen:

Ian, give it time mate, "watched pot never boils" you know.;)

KevinW
15-07-08, 04:52 PM
any pics Neil?
I'm off to see JK on wed for some preliminary discussions.

Neil O
15-07-08, 05:00 PM
any pics Neil?
I'm off to see JK on wed for some preliminary discussions.

Someone else may have some pics. I think half of France took a picture of the Crendon.......after they had taken one of Steve's Aston though.:rolleyes:
I don't carry a camera, can't be arsed taking pictures.

Take your cheque book mate.;)

KevinW
15-07-08, 05:03 PM
Take your cheque book mate.;)

I'm scared of doing just that - I'll end up on bread'n'dripping for the next 3 years.

Miket
15-07-08, 05:15 PM
I'm scared of doing just that - I'll end up on bread'n'dripping for the next 3 years.

If you buy one, don't put in a 427 side oiler, unless you provide your passengers with a neck brace. ;) ;) :D :D

KevinW
15-07-08, 05:37 PM
Nope, its going to be a 406 by SA. 400 horses will be enough for me. :-)

wilf
15-07-08, 08:27 PM
Good - that's another one in the rear view mirror then. :mrgreen:

KevinW
15-07-08, 08:30 PM
I thought the SA406 output was more or less the same as on your ol' windy block, mr leek, or have you supered 'er up?

wilf
15-07-08, 08:41 PM
Now that would be telling, wouldn't it..........

It is almost as fast as TonyM's original...............:mrgreen:

Andy S
15-07-08, 08:42 PM
Hadnt read this thread before so missed some of the earlier comments

Re Steve's comment

Yes I can confirm the SRV8 is that good, and doesnt need an idiots guide to assembly.

Having said that mine is up for sale now if anyone is interested, just got to take some photos and get the ad posted.

Neil O
16-07-08, 08:24 AM
If you buy one, don't put in a 427 side oiler, unless you provide your passengers with a neck brace. ;) ;) :D :D

Ooops.......again. :mrgreen:

Ian, get Bill to 'flat cam' that 406 and you'll get a constant wave of torque right from 1500 rpm up. :-D

tonym
17-07-08, 08:20 AM
It is almost as fast as TonyM's original

............and don't you bloody well forget it...........................:p

wilf
17-07-08, 08:31 AM
Oops - double post

wilf
17-07-08, 08:32 AM
Oh - so you're back then?

All went well? Or is yet another engine rebuild in sight (they don't seem to last very long after "keeping up", do they?) :mrgreen:

tonym
17-07-08, 08:59 AM
Oh - so you're back then?

All went well? Or is yet another engine rebuild in sight (they don't seem to last very long after "keeping up", do they?) :mrgreen:

Oh, I don't know. After I kept up the first time, you've never tried again................... strange that :cool:

wilf
17-07-08, 09:39 AM
Oh, I don't know. After I kept up the first time, you've never tried again................... strange that :cool:

Thats easy to answer - it's because I don't like to see streams of steam or smoke coming from your car! :mrgreen:

tonym
17-07-08, 10:20 AM
Thats easy to answer - it's because I don't like to see streams of steam or smoke coming from your car! :mrgreen:

trust you to come up with a logical answer :mrgreen: