PDA

View Full Version : Good supplier - Merlin Motorsport

andicole0
09-07-08, 07:39 AM
I would just like to highlight Merlin Motorsports (http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/) as an excellent supplier. Whilst plumbing the cooling system I have come across a few things I've got wrong in pipe sizes and changed my mind a bit on the type of pipes and connectors I wanted to use.

Not only has Merlin shipped everything same day (as long as ordered during the day) but they rang me within an hour of one order being placed to explain they didn't have stock. We discussed my requirements and identified alternatives that they did have and everything arrived the next day.

Postage charges are quite good too, which is lucky as I've made several seperate orders recently :rolleyes:

Thanks guys.

Andi.

Louise
09-07-08, 08:43 AM
I can vouch for Merlin having used them several times over the years. If you can't find what you're looking for then give them a call, they are unlikely to let you down. They have price matched and offered discounts on larger orders as well. . . or maybe that was just because it was me :mrgreen:

Purple AK
09-07-08, 08:51 AM
I'll second that Andi. I needed a new oil pressure gauge last week as mine was misreading badly. I phoned Europa who appeared to be cheaper, but they were out of stock and wouldn't be getting any for 4-5 weeks!!! Phoned Merlin at 16.30pm and they 5 in stock, knew exactly what adaptor I needed, and it all arrived in the post the next morning :-D Top Service

And they were cheaper ;)

slogger
09-07-08, 08:56 AM
I can vouch for Merlin having used them several times over the years. If you can't find what you're looking for then give them a call, they are unlikely to let you down. They have price matched and offered discounts on larger orders as well. . . or maybe that was just because it was me :mrgreen:

Looks like we all need to buy through Louise then!:cool:;)

What sort of discount can we expect?

kayjayd
09-07-08, 09:14 AM
Merlin are great. I did one big order with them and they did me a good price. Also if they don't list something on the website, just ask, they'll find it for you. Excellent company

wilf
09-07-08, 09:26 AM
I echo what others have said.

Merlin will never get rich on the orders I have placed with them, but they have unfailingly been helpful, knowledgeable, and with good prices too.

Louise
09-07-08, 12:52 PM
Looks like we all need to buy through Louise then!:cool:;)

What sort of discount can we expect?

It depends on what you are buying and how much of it :rolleyes: but more to the point, how much commission can I get :mrgreen:

slogger
09-07-08, 03:15 PM
It depends on what you are buying and how much of it :rolleyes: but more to the point, how much commission can I get :mrgreen:

Avatar says it all. Young female, smile, big eyes and sucker behind the counter. My sister never worked out why we sent her to buy the parts for our cars............:D:D