PDA

View Full Version : Ram fitting of overiders and bumper iron?

Antony
19-08-08, 07:50 AM
Looking at fitting my overiders/bumper iron,
I have 4 overiders and just the rear bumper and see there appears to be a metal plate bonded in the rear RamSC glasswork! I am assuming that if I position the rear cross bar/bumper the (2) holes aside should fit in the largest area of sort of a triangle flat area, any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks Ant

dolphinboy400
19-08-08, 10:37 PM
only pic i got of my boot before i took it all apart. dunno if thats what you were after? Its not the best pic but you can see hte bolts where they come through the plate :)

Antony
20-08-08, 03:05 AM
dolphinboy400,

Thanks for your efforts, I was wondering if there was a set position for them as per a manual from Ram, or like a lot of cobra builds - multi-choice!!

mylesdw
20-08-08, 07:52 PM
When I bought my Ram all those positions came ready scribed on the bodyshell. I guess they had some sort of jig. The picture shown above is like mine; there is a plate welded to the two rear body hoops. Yours may be different because it is that area, particularly where the two rear body hoops pick up on the chassis that they have changed.

dolphinboy400
20-08-08, 11:21 PM
not fantastic pics but may help a bit more, as myles said i think my kit came pre-drilled. good luck :)

Antony
21-08-08, 05:04 AM
Danny, thanks for the information!

Myles, no holes on bodywork, and my inside boot is different to Danny's and your car no doubt, but mine still has the metal re-inforcing sub frame or structure, there is a good sized flat area on each side so that is the obvious place to mount I think!

What I am interested in is where the bumper is in relation to the lower boot opening edge, I have looked at pictures and think the lower boot edge should be in the middle of the tubular bumper/nerf bar?

bitsilly
21-08-08, 10:03 AM
Thats why I took so many photos at shows! I got the bumper where I liked it and marked it, then drilled the body, then drilled the metal plate inside the bodywork.
The horizontal distance between the holes are about 79cm apart, and the top bolt is approx in the centre of each metal plate so the bottom bolt is at the bottom.
So far the scribed on markings for the various items have been so far off I now ignore them.

PS I used rubber blanking grommets with the centre cut out as bushes, they fit a treat.

bitsilly
21-08-08, 10:06 AM
Top horizontal bar is above the lower boot lip, the twist handle/latch is exactly the same height as the top bar (that did go in the correct flat bit of the boot lid).

Antony
21-08-08, 04:39 PM
Bitsilly, and guys that gives me something to go on, and standing back a distance from the car and if it looks right then drill might work. The main thing is to try and get the holes right first time!
Another issues is my rear bodywork is twisted apporx 3/4" up on the right side from front of wheel arch to tailight, I have already cut my tailight holes, but I am going to modify the lower valance and put a curve across with about 1/2" more on the right side, the problem here with the bumper iron is it will accentuate this if I follow the present angle, so I need to do some cosmetic cheating. The worst part of this is people can notice it!