PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Meet. this sunday

BLOKE
29-08-08, 08:42 PM
Just to confirm, Meet at Goodwood at 10.30 a.m. convoy at 11.45 a.m. to the Oystercatcher, just west of Littlehampton for lunch.
Regards Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.

Noel
29-08-08, 08:45 PM
Sounds good? What about all the SE guys going to this instead of a "picnic"?

legend
29-08-08, 11:08 PM
See you there if the weather holds.

conrod
30-08-08, 05:21 PM
See you there if the weather holds.

I hope you have your fingers crossed Tony ........ :(:(:(

UK NEWS

TEN DAYS RAIN TO HIT BRITAIN TOMORROW

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/1/285x214/59055_1.jpg

WARM BUT WET: Monsoon storms set to strike

Saturday August 30,2008

By John Ingham and Fiona Bradley

MONSOON Britain will be lashed by 10 days of rain in just 24 hours tomorrow as the miserable summer ends with a bang.

Forecasters warned of a “severe weather event”, with thunderstorms and torrential downpours hitting a large swathe of the country.

The UK will pay for today’s heatwave, when temperatures are set to reach 81F (27C) from southern England up to the Midlands. Tropical conditions will strike with a vengeance tomorrow, with storms working their way north across the eastern half of the country from the South to Aberdeenshire.

The Met Office predicted the “severe event” would affect eastern England and eastern Scotland during tomorrow.
It said: “Heavy showers and thunderstorms will break out during the day. There are likely to be some very heavy downpours in places during the afternoon and evening. The wet summer could end with a bang.”

legend
30-08-08, 05:55 PM
Just checked BBC weather & MET Office looks like chance of showers up till 4PM then the heavens will open, so i'm gonna poke my head out the window in the morning & probably risk it.

Anyone else feeling brave ?

Noel
30-08-08, 06:39 PM
I'm now seriously thinking of emigrating????

Desperately 5h1t summer this year.....I've only done about 2K miles this year :(

Purple AK
30-08-08, 06:56 PM
Desperately 5h1t summer this year.....I've only done about 2K miles this year :(
Me too Noel! I was seriously considering a jaunt to Goodwood tomorrow as well! I'll see whats happening in the morning :rolleyes:

craggle
30-08-08, 08:15 PM
Consider yourself lucky, Managed about 200 miles this year!

Not even going to work out how much per mile that has cost me when you consider the £300 insurance and £185 road tax!:twisted:

Would have been a great day today for a cruise but I went to the Shoreham air show instead. Quite sunburnt now!:oops:

Maybe go for a run tomorrow if the weather is dry.

Craig.