PDA

View Full Version : New midlands cobra - want to meet

apearce
21-09-08, 11:56 AM
hi chaps, im back on the road after a 2 year rebuild, so looking to get back to meets. if i gather right from the recent posts, its 2nd sunday after midday at the balck boy and last thursday at the moat house (though what time?). any confirmation of these 2 and any other meets would be appreciated !! todat its blazing hot, i have nowt to do so i might go to black boy anyway...just on the off chance.

The car has a new engine, box, cooling system, home made power clutch, suspension, wheels etc etc and none of it matches the old stuff, so whilst it is road legal (just), its not exactly sorted, so lots of opportunities for advice on setup, tuning, overheating... the list goes on. looking forward to raiding your brains over a pint.

cheers, Andrew

p.s. local cob owners - im happy to meet anyone anytime so if you have a bored evening give me a bell - 07525 041140. text if u cant get thru (i have a temo phone problem) and il call u back

richard mason
21-09-08, 07:47 PM
cheers, Andrew

p.s. local cob owners - im happy to meet anyone anytime so if you have a bored evening give me a bell - 07525 041140. text if u cant get thru (i have a temo phone problem) and il call u back[/QUOTE]

Hi Andrew

I am based in Rugeley and at the moment 14 months into my Dax/Chevy build, glad to swap notes if you like sometime?
Richard :)

RCCob
21-09-08, 09:23 PM
cheers, Andrew

p.s. local cob owners - im happy to meet anyone anytime so if you have a bored evening give me a bell - 07525 041140. text if u cant get thru (i have a temo phone problem) and il call u back

Hi Andrew

I am based in Rugeley and at the moment 14 months into my Dax/Chevy build, glad to swap notes if you like sometime?
Richard :)[/quote]

Hi guys, I'm also just up the road at Armitage, I have a southern roadcraft complete:D well are they ever complete:rolleyes: I'm always finding some thing to sort out. It would be good to meet some more local owners.

Rgds Russ

richard mason
22-09-08, 04:58 PM
Hi Russ
You really are just up the road from me! if you get bored fixing yours, you can always come and have a laugh at just how much fixing I have got to do, :confused:
I will PM you my number.
Cheers Richard

badcob
23-09-08, 07:21 PM
just to say the moat house starts about six and i shall be there.speck

bitter_sweet
24-09-08, 12:27 AM
my god these cobra's are as common as muck in rugeley now........will have to move further afield!!!!!!

oldcobber
24-09-08, 05:40 PM
Hi Andrew,

Knew there was a reason I had`t seen you for a while.......too much time in the garage:) Hope to see you at the Moat House tomorrow.

Bob

richard mason
24-09-08, 09:35 PM
my god these cobra's are as common as muck in rugeley now........will have to move further afield!!!!!!

Just move on then :confused: :confused::confused:
Richard

RCCob
24-09-08, 09:46 PM
Hi folks, the Moat house meet? which moat house are we talking about??

RCCob
24-09-08, 09:50 PM
Just move on then :confused: :confused::confused:
Richard

Rich you have a PM

Russ

badcob
24-09-08, 10:36 PM
that would be the one on the a435 just before alcester coming from studley

apearce
07-10-08, 08:48 PM
chaps - if memory serves its the wythall classic car meet 2nd sundays over the winter months - but thats a clash with our local meet at black boy ??? we'll never get all 100-200 wythall cars to the black boy but we could go there (in convoy even) - cant be more than 5-10 miles between the 2 and if you havent been to wythall its well worth a look. at britannic assurance buildings from 12 or is it 2 pm ???

any interest call me - 07525 041140 so long as dry/ish i'll be going this sunday 12th

p.s. sorry couldnt be at alcester this month

badcob
08-10-08, 08:26 PM
I,ll be at the brit around 12ish see you there.speck.

michaelf
08-10-08, 08:30 PM
i take it the the Brit takes preference over the Black boy then?

TonyD
08-10-08, 10:16 PM
i take it the the Brit takes preference over the Black boy then?

I think the concensus of opinion is to get in early doors at Wythall( starts at 11.00am) and then move onto the Black Boy for about 1.00.....

This, of course, is curry effects/hangover dependent.:mrgreen:

Cheers,

Tony

apearce
08-10-08, 10:33 PM
right - the brit 11-12 it is then, see you there. oh and if anyone sees who owns the dark green bullit mustang that's always there (the very loud one) try and get his phone number for me - i need to ask him something for my car but he tend to park up and wander off so i keep missing him, cheers Andrew

badcob
13-10-08, 10:27 PM
What an exelant day at the brit and later at the black boy.A fine turn out from the fiero boys with a very nice crendon to finish the line up. what happened to the rest?.p.s there was also a cool lexis cobra doner.speck

TonyD
13-10-08, 11:36 PM
What an exelant day at the brit and later at the black boy.A fine turn out from the fiero boys with a very nice crendon to finish the line up. what happened to the rest?.p.s there was also a cool lexis cobra doner.speck

Yes it was a good turn out only spoiled by those who chose not to give the car a rub over with the wet rag prior to the meeting.........You know who you are you mucky lot........:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Lovely weather , good company, cold beer and lots of cars to drool over, a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon:D

Cheers,

Tony

David Large
14-10-08, 06:43 AM

I was away sailing for the weekend!

oldcobber
14-10-08, 10:05 AM
Hi guy`s,

Could`nt bring mine out as were`re in mourning for Pilgrim!!

Bob:)

michaelf
14-10-08, 07:05 PM
............Yes it was a good turn out only spoiled by those who chose not to give the car a rub over with the wet rag prior to the meeting.........You know who you are you mucky lot........:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Cheers,

Tony

Ah... But it shows that it is being used!!!......And it is actually on the road..........................:twisted:

Mike

michaelf
14-10-08, 07:11 PM
.......and i don't go around writing on things that are dirty. Quite infantile really.....

Mike

TonyD
14-10-08, 09:01 PM
.......and i don't go around writing on things that are dirty. Quite infantile really.....

Mike

Some people can be so cruel..............:(:(:(:(

Cheers,

Tony:-D

RCCob
14-10-08, 09:57 PM

Sorry, Car is on the ramps at the moment, Still cant find a speedo gear with 18 teeth:confused::confused::confused:

I will try next time Russ

wilf
15-10-08, 08:33 AM
For what gearbox? If it is a Tremec then they are easily obtainable from the USA.

RCCob
16-10-08, 06:14 PM
For what gearbox? If it is a Tremec then they are easily obtainable from the USA.

Hi Wilf, The gear box is an LT77, Rimmer Brothers told me a 20 tooth was the smallest for this gear box:confused::confused::confused: If any one knows different, then please let me know.

Russ