PDA

View Full Version : Factory Five Racing (UK) website

ianhunter
23-09-08, 04:02 PM
Just a short note to announce that our website is now up, running and (we think) beautiful!! Apologies that is has taken much longer than we originally thought, but I hope you will agree that it has been worth it.

Browse to: www.factoryfive.co.uk

Thanks to Unstuck Designs of Salisbury, who have done all the design work!

I know I can rely on CRC members for some positive feedback!

I look forward to your thoughts.

Best regards

Ian

robert
23-09-08, 04:11 PM
Moved to the correct forum.

KevinW
23-09-08, 04:23 PM
Looks noce, but
the 'Prices' link doesnt give the price!!!!

383 stroker
23-09-08, 04:29 PM
Ian, you have pm

dingocooke
23-09-08, 05:13 PM
Nice site, I liked the 3 window coupe kit visuals and the order options sheet looked comprehensive.

Id take issue with 'These are the fastest, best engineered and best handling cars you will ever build in your garage!' I think Ultima would be very amused (die laughing)

Maybe that was a bit of US advertising sliding in (they dont have our advertising laws)

Toddy
23-09-08, 06:56 PM
The videos dont work

Chimeara
23-09-08, 07:46 PM
Nice to see someones good work complimented. A good site just a banner needed at the top of the site now to link to it.

simon
23-09-08, 08:07 PM
Excellent site, very comprehensive. A credit to the kit car industry!

Purple AK
23-09-08, 08:10 PM
Nice to see someones good work complimented. A good site just a banner needed at the top of the site now to link to it.Much the same as the Snake Torque write up then :rolleyes: Nice Site. But as an older person I can't read the writing cos it's too small and Grey on White doesn't help! :(

Steve
23-09-08, 08:33 PM
nice site, advertising to rent for the day "SVA compliant parts" might get unwanted attention though

chedz
24-09-08, 10:27 AM
Yes, very nice.

My brother-in-law in the states is just starting a GTM build. Comparing the prices of the kits, its seems to be $19,990 over there, over here the kit appears to start at 34,695 ($64,000). This seems a massive difference. I know the US kits needs a corvette donor to get quite a bit of stuff from, but this is less than $7k's worth of stuff, my brother in law bought a GTM donor pack from ebay which has 90% of the donor bits in. Does the UK kit supply all new GM parts instead of second hand/recon donor parts.
Not sceptical just curious as to the difference in prices.

Good luck with the site.

Graham

Noel
24-09-08, 10:55 AM
Very nice, glossy, professional site Ian, you must be pleased? Nearly tempted me to place an order ;)

As you have said, you just need the orders to roll in now, best of luck, see you at Exeter?

Andy302
24-09-08, 08:23 PM
Looking good. But please, I really need to know, who makes Red (O-So-Sexy) PPG 908328 paint as used on Dave Riha's MkIII? It looks wonderful and is just what I was after!

Hope you can help.

Thanks

ianhunter
24-09-08, 10:07 PM
I knew I could rely on you for some feedback - all very much appreciated! Just to clarify a few points raised:

Toddy - thank you, not sure why the Videos have stopped - not obvious why, will need to investgate, may take a while!

Graham - GTM Supercar prices for the UK market do include all new GM parts. No donor is required, only engine transaxle, wheels, tyres (which we can supply, of course) and bodyprep/paint required to finish. We chose not to include any donor based Kits for the UK market as there are just not enough donors here - GM or Ford.

Kevin - Prices are there - click Prices & Orders and your will see three sub menus appear on the left and the Kit Order Form has all the prices on it.

Andy - Can your paintshop not ID the colour from the info you have already found? If not, I'll e-mail Dave Riha for you - let me know.

Noel - site obviously not quite good enough then! 2008/09 Show season plans not yet finalised.

Steve - SVA? Can't see the bit you are referring to!!!

Thank you all for your positive comments.

Ian

383 stroker
24-09-08, 10:16 PM
Ian,
Well done, nuff said. Wish you all the very best in your venture. i'm sure the orders will come flooding in once the market has stabilised. That oh so sexy paint ...hmm horny red more like. I think the stunning website will sell the cars ..no need for a sales dept, absolutly stunning. The only criticism is same as previously expressed grey text on white is a bit wishy washy and difficult/tiring to read large paragraphs, other than that A+ go to the top of the class.

All the best

Purple AK
24-09-08, 10:19 PM
Ian,
Well done, nuff said. Wish you all the very best in your venture. i'm sure the orders will come flooding in once the market has stabilised. That oh so sexy paint ...hmm horny red more like. I think the stunning website will sell the cars ..no need for a sales dept, absolutly stunning. The only criticism is same as previously expressed grey text on white is a bit wishy washy and difficult/tiring to read large paragraphs, other than that A+ go to the top of the class.

All the best
Not just me then Andy ;)

383 stroker
24-09-08, 10:29 PM
Hi Chris,
Was nice to meet you and Dave at the show the other weekend, trust Sunday was a bit better for you.

all the best

ldtopham
24-09-08, 10:42 PM
Apart from the issues raised it looks good to me! The '33 Ford looks tasty.

Andy302
25-09-08, 07:00 AM
I knew I could rely on you for some feedback - all very much appreciated! Just to clarify a few points raised:

Andy - Can your paintshop not ID the colour from the info you have already found? If not, I'll e-mail Dave Riha for you - let me know.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Im a fair way off even buying a body yet let alone finding a paint shop. I like to get all the information sorted well in advance so when the times comes Im sure Im making the right decision. Therefore if you could find out who the supplier/manufacturer of the paint it I can start to look into availability in the UK.

Much appreciated.

legend
25-09-08, 09:41 AM
I think possible customers would like a probable build cost broken down into
1. Kit price
2. Essentials (rough guide)
3. Engine/Gearbox (rough guide)
4. Paint (rough guide)

Cheers Tony.

ianhunter
25-09-08, 10:31 PM
Tony

If you click on the model of your choice, then "Design" you will find a sub-menu that has a Cost Sheet, which gives you exactly what you asked for.

It is interesting that you are the second person not to find the sub menu - are they less obvious? Perhaps it is the colour scheme. I bowed to those artier than I!

We'll see!

Best regards

Ian

robert
25-09-08, 10:38 PM
Tony

If you click on the model of your choice, then "Design" you will find a sub-menu that has a Cost Sheet, which gives you exactly what you asked for.

It is interesting that you are the second person not to find the sub menu - are they less obvious? Perhaps it is the colour scheme. I bowed to those artier than I!

We'll see!

Best regards

Ian

Ian

There is little differentiation between the menu item you have picked and the resulting drop down.

The lighter grey links that drop down are too light, and you also have to page down to get to the menu. It might be an idea to play around with the flash image as that does take up a lot of valuable page space.

There is always a balance between art and functionality and one has to lose out.

Neil O
26-09-08, 09:46 AM
There is always a balance between art and functionality and one has to lose out.

Functionality then.;)

ianhunter
30-09-08, 09:24 PM
I think the videos should be working now and I have (at last) got the link to the Mk 3 Roadster Chassis photos working too.

I've added in some Videos for the Challenge Car as well - including a great Accident Avoiding one! As a flag marshal, we wished we had a brown flag to wave at moments like these!

Enjoy!

Ian

Jaun Huw Nose
07-10-08, 10:45 AM
Andy,
PPG UK should be able to help,the number is a USA paint code which may be different in the UK.
detatils here (http://corporateportal.ppg.com/Refinish/Europe/UK/1000_Collision/1200_Colour/)