PDA

View Full Version : Worlds youngest Ram??

bitsilly
08-10-08, 07:10 PM
Well after nearly two years up on axle stands being built, the car is now on its own new halibrand wheels with side pipes complements of Fat Boy Northern, leather seats and twin roll bars.
It still hasn't got carpets etc and looks a little odd with padded dash and Mondeo rear view and wing mirrors but after a long time and many "shall I sell it" moments it is finally looking like a dream should!
Many many thanks to everyone who has helped out with all those answers.

Tee Hee!

dolphinboy400
08-10-08, 08:00 PM
nice one mate a milestone reached! love to see some pics :D

steve faithfull
08-10-08, 08:53 PM
Well after nearly two years up on axle stands being built, the car is now on its own new halibrand wheels.............

Well Ed
only Two years ..... you are positivly storming along !!!!

Steve

bitsilly
09-10-08, 01:37 PM
I promised my wife it would keep me busy/occupied for at least four!

And I should include that it needed chassis mods for SVA, mods to fit the power steering, mods for traction control and I had to build the 383 engine from scratch.

Kev Davies, if you are out there, fancy helping me try and start the engine, bearing in mind I have probably put it in upside down or something!

bitsilly
14-10-08, 04:40 PM
Well, nearly a big day!
I filled the oil in via the rocker covers, and it started peeing out the joins to the oil cooler! Tightened them and all was OK! This is good I guess as it shows the cooler circuit is full, I remember the sandwich plate seems to work by closing off the path straight thru the filter and directing hot oil thru the cooler, but when it is cool the oil just takes the path of least resistance (hopefully through the filter!).
Then I filled the water and coolant, and that too dripped but following tightening all the jubilee clips that is sealed too- amazing how loose they had become.
Then pressurised the water a little and it leaked from the bunged holes on the top- more tightening needed.
I spun the oil pump with my trusty little cordless drill and very quickly got about 45psi. I hope that is good! Kept that up for a while.
Removed the battery from being fully charged, got my keys. Then went to fill the tank from the billy can...
AND REMEMBERED I USED IT ALL AT A TRACKDAY SATURDAY.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGG. And I had run out of time as was on pick up duty at school.
Could be worse I suppose!