PDA

View Full Version : Blackbushe Meet

legend
30-10-08, 08:53 AM
Hi guy's, just checked 3 weather sites & the good news is we are on for this Sunday, normal winter weather dry, bright & crisp but no rain if it carries on like this we will start laying cars up April-September.

So how about we meet at 1200 & cruise somewhere about 1300?

Cheers Tony.

Sidecarbod
30-10-08, 09:33 AM
Hi guy's, just checked 3 weather sites & the good news is we are on for this Sunday, normal winter weather dry, bright & crisp but no rain if it carries on like this we will start laying cars up April-September.

Cheers Tony.

My car is SORN and the exhausts are off it (finally got the bits to make a new set of headers!). So unfortunately I won't be comming along to the meet. Fingers crossed over the weather for those who are going. :D

Pete

craggle
30-10-08, 09:37 AM
Hope your right about the weather as we have a works open day on Sunday and we want to do some astronomy in the evening. Kind of difficult if it raining!

My car is now SORN'd too and I am slowly sorting out a few jobs I didn't do quite well enough the first time around.

Hope you have a good day. I may join you sometime next year?:rolleyes:

Craig.

andicole0
30-10-08, 09:46 AM
Hope your right about the weather as we have a works open day on Sunday and we want to do some astronomy in the evening. Kind of difficult if it raining!

My car is now SORN'd too and I am slowly sorting out a few jobs I didn't do quite well enough the first time around.

Hope you have a good day. I may join you sometime next year?:rolleyes:

Craig.

LoL doesn't bode well for the rest of us :)

Andi.

Geezer
30-10-08, 11:48 AM

Cheers Tony.

I'm up for that, if it's not wet...:roll:

Pete

jeff
31-10-08, 02:52 PM
If weather is half decent i will be there

legend
31-10-08, 07:17 PM
If weather is half decent i will be there

Hi Jeff, if it stays dry I will bring those nudge bars.

Noel
31-10-08, 08:05 PM
If it's dry it will be the first Sunday of the whole f**king year :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

legend
31-10-08, 09:36 PM
If it's dry it will be the first Sunday of the whole f**king year :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Anyone would think you are bitter, Noel!!!

Noel
31-10-08, 09:57 PM
Anyone would think you are bitter, Noel!!!

No......just turned up at every one soaked ;) :D :D :D

Purple AK
01-11-08, 07:49 PM
An Inter County Visit was on the cards ;) Till I looked at this :rolleyes: :( www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=Hampshire (http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=Hampshire)

Geezer
01-11-08, 08:59 PM
An Inter County Visit was on the cards ;) Till I looked at this :rolleyes: :( www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=Hampshire (http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=Hampshire)

Although Met is not an exact science, I believe that Lat/Long is around the Winchester area. Type in Aviation, then Blackbushe in the Airfield finder. Although it doesn't give pictorial representations of precipitation it suggests that it might be ok around lunch-time with a 40% chance of a light shower, as also shown by other Met forecasts. I'm setting myself up here aren't I...:oops:

Having said all that it'll probably p*** down...:rolleyes:

Pete

Purple AK
01-11-08, 09:26 PM
Although Met is not an exact science, I believe that Lat/Long is around the Winchester area. Type in Aviation, then Blackbushe in the Airfield finder. Although it doesn't give pictorial representations of precipitation it suggests that it might be ok around lunch-time with a 40% chance of a light shower, as also shown by other Met forecasts. I'm setting myself up here aren't I...:oops:

Having said all that it'll probably p*** down...:rolleyes:

Pete
The Best Science is to look out of the curtains in the morning and take it from there ;)

lumberjack
01-11-08, 09:33 PM
The Best Science is to look out of the curtains in the morning and take it from there that it's going to rain even if it's sunny when I start off;)

fixed it for you :twisted: :wink:

Purple AK
01-11-08, 10:01 PM
fixed it for you :twisted: :wink:
They say the sun shines on the righteous :mrgreen: Layin for me tomorrow then :-D

Geezer
02-11-08, 07:51 AM
I live about 2 miles, as the crow flies, from The Bushe and would be happy to supply the local weather for anybody travelling any distance.

At 0800 it's not the best with Grey, overcast skies. It is obvious that it hasn't rained since last night but, with no appreciable breeze (yet), there is not much drying going on atm.

The roads are damp but just about all usual puddles have gone and F1 cars would definitely be on intermediates rather than wets.

Will post again at 1000 and 1100 - nothing else to do this morning - and hope it will be of some help...:rolleyes:

Pete

jeff
02-11-08, 08:41 AM
raining here guys so I will be keeping the car in the garage and setting up the camber. Don't you just love british weather

Sidecarbod
02-11-08, 09:16 AM
raining here guys so I will be keeping the car in the garage and setting up the camber. Don't you just love british weather

Enjoy yourself Jeff!

Geezer
02-11-08, 09:17 AM
Little improvement, cloud has lifted but breeze has yet to pick up hence drying is slow. Expected to improve but still grimmer than the Grim family from Grimsville, no rain this morning...:neutral:

Pete

Geezer
02-11-08, 10:27 AM
Still dry but roads not drying at all and still damp.

That's it for me then, I have enough to do without having to clean the bottom of the Cob. So, it stays in't garage.

Not got anything else on so, anyone going for a coffee?

Pete

legend
02-11-08, 10:37 AM
Setting off now, need fuel on the way should be there just after 1200 will leave about 1300 if no other shows.

Cheers Tony.

chedz
02-11-08, 07:24 PM
Tony,

I was out walking with the kiddies at 2pm and heard the familiar sound of a BBF, who should I see....you of course. Very brave to be out in that monster of yours on a wet road.

Looked good mate even in its current grubby white ;)

G.

legend
02-11-08, 10:32 PM
Hi G, the roads were actually ok & the weather forecast was correct.

Hopefully not Grubby Off-White for much longer!!!

Geezer
03-11-08, 07:52 AM
Hi G, the roads were actually ok & the weather forecast was correct.

Actually, Tony is playing it down. The weather forecast was spot on with a clear spell around lunchtime for a few of the guys to meet up...:-D

See you next time
Pete