PDA

View Full Version : Test drive

xX vedder Xx
11-11-08, 10:36 AM
Hi Gent's, I have not posted on here for a while. I have been trying to do my home work on what kit i am going to buy. i know whats going in it and I think i know what kit Im going to have. I just want to confirm it.
What i have so far is a 3.9 Rover fully rebuild with 285 piper cam kit and 500 webber carb. I also have a r380 gearbox and Jag xj6 doner.
What I am looking for is someone in the surrounding area (Montrose) that would be willing to take me out on a test drive or just to sit in to get a feel for the car. I would prefer to try a sumo because that is what i think im going for but any car would do. Any help is much appreciated thanks .

fly fifer
13-11-08, 10:36 PM
you don't say what your name is mate, but i am currently building a mk3 sumo with a 3.5 rover in and running....it's not at test drive stage yet but the fact your only half an hour up the road from me in broughty ferry your more than welcome to come and see a sumo in the flesh with a rover engine installed and have a general poke about the kit .

will even offer a cup of char.

Geoff's Project
14-11-08, 07:37 PM
Hi Mate

I'm in Arbroath, Drive through Montrose every day to go to work.

I have just started building a Dax De Dion, in fact ordered the Chassis today, I have just about all of the donar part refurbing them.

If you want to chat at anytime send me a PM

mcartney
20-11-08, 11:47 PM
I am running a GD427 and I live in Monifieth.
Any excuse to go for a drive welcome. Just PM me.
I can help with any Jag advise you may need.

Ian.

Clive
21-11-08, 08:34 AM
Likewise with my Hawk 289, although "Powered By Ford" but with Jag IRS. I live between Perth & Dundee, so not too far away and will gladly take you for a spin (If there's no salt on the road). Send me a PM if you want and I'll give you my contact details.

Clive
21-11-08, 08:36 AM
I wonder if you would get the same number of offers if you lived in SE. :rolleyes: ;)

xX vedder Xx
21-11-08, 09:23 AM
Hi Gent's, thank you for all the offers. I was a classic automotive in inverkilor yesterday and they had a green pilgrim with 3.5 Rv8. It's prity much the sit up that im going for. It was a nice looking car. I gave the guy that worked there my number to pass on to the owner hoping that he would get in touch.
It's great knowing that there's some support up here. One quick question how did you get your chassie up from the supplier and how much did it cost.

chedz
21-11-08, 09:38 AM
I wonder if you would get the same number of offers if you lived in SE. :rolleyes: ;)

Vedder, I live in Farnborough, Hampshire, if ever your passing you would be most welcome to come by, have a drive out in the car, tea etc.

I think "yes" Clive, and the weather would be better too! :P

Nobby
21-11-08, 12:50 PM
Vedder, I live in Farnborough, Hampshire, if ever your passing you would be most welcome to come by, have a drive out in the car, tea etc.

I think "yes" Clive, and the weather would be better too! :P

Ditto Vedder, any excuse for a drive!

BTW if you take Graham up on his offer of tea, make sure he breaks out the fresh tea bag from the safe first! :confused:

fly fifer
21-11-08, 12:51 PM
Eric

i had my chassis delivered by Pilgrim back in 2007, the cost at that time was 500.....looked at alternatives like DHL etc but there was little difference in cost. Although i did get the body and other components at the same time.
Didn't fancy paying for chassis, then six months later another 500 for the body to be delivered..........us Fifers are tight by the way, very tight.

Clive
21-11-08, 03:48 PM
I drove down to Kent, England in a tranny van with trailer and picked everything up in one go. One of the very few disadvantages of living in Scotland :( ;)

chedz
21-11-08, 04:25 PM
Shall we start another list? ;)

Only kidding Clive, Scotland is brilliant...just not as brilliant as the South.

Geoff's Project
21-11-08, 06:40 PM
If this is an open offer, I wouldn't mind coming around for a look at your cars, I'm getting my chassis delivered at the end of January and I've never actually seen one of these cars in the flesh.

Am I mad, probably, am I looking foward to the build, absolutely. I can't remember when I have been so enthusiatic about anything.:mrgreen:

Purple AK
21-11-08, 06:50 PM
If this is an open offer, I wouldn't mind coming around for a look at your cars, I'm getting my chassis delivered at the end of January and I've never actually seen one of these cars in the flesh.

Am I mad, probably, am I looking foward to the build, absolutely. I can't remember when I have been so enthusiatic about anything.:mrgreen:That is Dedication Geoff!! You won't be disappointed ;)

Clive
21-11-08, 06:57 PM
Hi Geoff,
I've PMd you my details. Give me a call if you want. ;)

Andy S
21-11-08, 08:16 PM

And more with loads of beer involved as well.
Clive that was not very nice ......

By the way the next meet is this sunday if you fancy a run out !!!!!!