PDA

View Full Version : Exeter Show

westborne
12-11-08, 10:37 AM
Forecast at the moment is not too bad !!

Some showers Friday - clearish Saturday and some rain Sunday.

mind you it will all change once once Andy L gets involved !!

Neil O
12-11-08, 11:55 AM
I'm going to wait for a dry 20 minute window and sprint over there.
If I'm lucky, I should be able to get the car clean by Saturday morning....

westborne
12-11-08, 12:10 PM
If you need a lift back later - I'll sort

Neil O
12-11-08, 03:44 PM
If you need a lift back later - I'll sort a limo full of naked women

Fixed.
Thanks mate.:mrgreen:

Miket
12-11-08, 04:29 PM
Looks OK, it says 20% chance of rain for today and it been clear with sunny spells all day.

Exeter-10-day Extended Weather Forecasts - weather.co.uk (http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Exeter-UKXX0054)

stu e
12-11-08, 06:29 PM
What time can we get in from, on saturday?

stevee8
12-11-08, 07:41 PM
Doors open 10am Stu.

westborne
14-11-08, 06:27 AM
If you are bringing Cob you can probably get into the Kit Car park about 9.30 I suspect

I think Andy L fancied a mini convoy from the Services at about 9.30

stu e
14-11-08, 01:10 PM
If you are bringing Cob you can probably get into the Kit Car park about 9.30 I suspect

I think Andy L fancied a mini convoy from the Services at about 9.30

Is that an excuse to stop and clean his car?;)

Dixie
14-11-08, 08:16 PM
Dear all.

Will there be space to park in the bottom car park at Exeter, or do Hairysanta and I park in the top car park?

Will be there on Sunday.

Cheers

Mark

Miket
14-11-08, 08:56 PM
Dear all.

Will there be space to park in the bottom car park at Exeter, or do Hairysanta and I park in the top car park?

Will be there on Sunday.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark

If your in the Cobs, yes you will be able to park in the lower car park.

We usually rope of an area for the Cob's, but unfortunately this year there are no spare barriers to tie our rope to, but we have placed notices on a fence to say Cobra parking only, so all we can hope is other Kit Car drivers respect our request. ;)

Saying that there should still be room in the lower car park, but we might not be able to park together in a line.

Dixie
14-11-08, 09:05 PM
Thanks Mike.

As long as it is not pi***ng down, we will be in the Cobra's.

Wife has hidden my credit card!!

See you on Sunday.

Mark

Chimeara
15-11-08, 06:40 AM
From what I saw of it when setting up yesterday you could probably park in the main hall there was lots of space left due to people pulling out.

Miket
15-11-08, 04:27 PM
Weather kept fine all day and the show was busier than we all expected. :D :D

Let's hope the weather holds up for tomorrow. 8) 8)

ti
15-11-08, 05:22 PM
Hi Guys

Really tempted to post 'The Photo' up today but will wait till tomorrow evening as i don't want to upset Chris (westborne) just yet, and jeopardise the offer of coffee tomorrow !!!!.

Miket
15-11-08, 05:25 PM
Hi Guys

Really tempted to post 'The Photo' up today but will wait till tomorrow evening as i don't want to upset Chris (westborne) just yet, and jeopardise the offer of coffee tomorrow !!!!.

Send it me I'll post it and buy coffee tomorrow. ;) :D

ti
15-11-08, 05:35 PM
Send it me I'll post it and buy coffee tomorrow. ;) :D

Your braver than me Mike !!
But i think we should wait till tomorrow evening when we are all a bit bored, so that we can come up with some 'interesting captions'.

Miket
15-11-08, 05:38 PM
Your braver than me Mike !!
But i think we should wait till tomorrow evening when we are all a bit bored, so that we can come up with some 'interesting captions'.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/CCCaw/chicken01.gifhttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/CCCaw/chicken01.gif ;) :D

Purple AK
15-11-08, 09:14 PM
Hi Guys

Get It Posted :twisted: Good to meet all the usual suspects again today, And a few new ones.
I've literally only just got home at 10pm! You wouldn't believe the journey :( I could right a comedy sketch about it :mad:

Miket
15-11-08, 10:02 PM
Get It Posted :twisted: Good to meet all the usual suspects again today, And a few new ones.
I've literally only just got home at 10pm! You wouldn't believe the journey :( I could right a comedy sketch about it :mad:

What was the problem Chris :confused: good job you where in the tin-top.

Purple AK
15-11-08, 11:29 PM
What was the problem Chris :confused: good job you where in the tin-top.
Well........ I was making good time and progress, Untill I hit Sussex :( An RTA on the A27 at Chichester had the road shut at a roundabout! So I have the choice of turning left and going through Chichester town which wasn't moving, to rejoin the A27 a couple of roundabouts further up, or going right. (Bear in mind here that I don't have Sat Nav or a Map on me :rolleyes:) All the outside lane was going right so I assumed they knew a cut round and tagged on the back. And off we all went in convoy into the night. To say the roads were narrow and twisty would be an understatement, but we seemed to be making good progress. Untill...........We get to some temporary traffic lights at some roadworks! You guessed it! The beggars changed to red before I could make it through, and the convoy dissappeared into the blackness :( Now I could swear I saw those tail lights bearing left on the other side of the lights, but having tried every dead end street in some obscure village I've never heard of! I concluded that I was well and truely LOST! (And the petrol light was now on) Well I blundered on in the dark for a few miles untill I noticed something that actually looked like a beach hut!! Sure enough, a few yards on was a beach and the Seaside in the middle of knowhere. (Sussex is not best known for it's roadsigns by the way! And those that do get put up get weighed in by the Pikeys) Anyway a bit further on I find civilisation and an intact sign which says A29 Chichester. Call me cynical but I've just come from there! So I ring Liz and tell her to get the map out and tell me where the A29 goes to from Chichester in a vain attempt to find out where I actually am!!! Mid call a local walks by and I ask him where I am cos I'm lost, In his finest broken Polish I discover that I'm in Bognor Regis. To cut this side of the story short I consulted with Liz again and was shortly back on the A27 headed home and fueled up :-D UNTILL..... I got to Southwick! Where the A27 was closed for tunnel repairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARGHHHHHHH!!!! Detour around Portslade!!! And finally back on the A27 again :cool: I phone Liz and get her to order a Chinese that I can pick up on the way through Lewes. Collect meal and head for home at last, by now it is 9.00pm and I left Exeter at 4.20pm. I get to within 400yds of home and.........!!!!!! The Phuking road is closed for Barcombe Bonfire Celebrations!!!!! Sorry Sir you can't go through! But I Live there!! Sorry the road won't be open till 10.30!!
Now the sign that has been there for 2 weeks clearly said "Possible Delays"! NOT "ROAD CLOSED" As you can imagine by now I was a tad miffed! But short of being arrested, The only way home was another 15 mile detour to get me 400yds the other side of the villlage from where I was!! Needless to say the Chinese wasn't at it's best when I got in at 10 o'clock!

COBRA KEV01
15-11-08, 11:53 PM
Great post!!!
You got home in the end,thats all that matters,and tomorrow is but another day................

lumberjack
16-11-08, 12:07 AM
Great post!!!
You got home in the end,thats all that matters,and tomorrow is but another day................

Crikey! I got home to sunny lampeter in west wales quicker than that even with all the dad can we have something to eat and trying to find a petrol station just outside Taunton with the wife navigating only 10 miles off the M5 , ooh there's an Asda , car now full of shopping heading for Taunton with the petrol light on praying to the god of petrol stations that there must be one soon, finally filled up and headed back to the M5 which we rejoined a junction before the one ihad originally turned off, crossed the severn crossing and knew we were back inn Wales as it rained down the rest of the way home.
Got in at about 2100hrs or as Chris was picking up his meal and i left at 1650hrs.
Must be something in the air lol.

craggle
16-11-08, 08:08 AM
By that stage I would have parked the car on the policemans foot and walked home!:-D

Craig.

ti
16-11-08, 04:54 PM
Just got back from the show - terrific to see everyone and thanks for the coffee Chris !!
Anyway here is the pic of some of the sout-west crew with our luvly rep chris (sorry mate but they made me do it !!!!!!). Captions welcome !!.

Dixie
16-11-08, 05:58 PM
What was the weather like then?? It has rained all day here, not stopped once.

Woke up this morning after washing and polishing car last night, it was pi***ng down, quick look on net at weather, said it was moving South, so decided to give it a miss.

Was that a bad move?

Sorry to have missed you all.

Mark

ti
16-11-08, 06:01 PM
What was the weather like then?? It has rained all day here, not stopped once.

Woke up this morning after washing and polishing car last night, it was pi***ng down, quick look on net at weather, said it was moving South, so decided to give it a miss.

Was that a bad move?

Sorry to have missed you all.

Mark

I think they got it wrong Mark !!
It was generally OK for most of the day.

Dixie
16-11-08, 06:08 PM
Oh bloody brilliant, weather men are t***ers. With all that technology you would think they could get that bit right.

Might as well use my old dad's barometer that I have on the hall wall, that seems more accurate.

Never mind, yet another year missed. Last year my car was stuck in a garage in Paignton.

Glad you all had a good day, and sorry for not coming and helping.

Mark

dave
16-11-08, 06:18 PM
It's like a scene from Cocoon, or an afternoon at Derby And Joan.:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Purple AK
16-11-08, 07:01 PM
It's like a scene from Cocoon, or an afternoon at Derby And Joan.:twisted::twisted::twisted:And Miket was out of shot!! :( :mrgreen:

ti
16-11-08, 08:09 PM
And Miket was out of shot!! :( :mrgreen:

Seeing as you are missing him Chris hear he is in another one !!!

kobra
16-11-08, 09:00 PM
Well........ I was making good time and progress, Untill I hit Sussex :( An RTA on the A27 at Chichester had the road shut at a roundabout! So I have the choice of turning left and going through Chichester town which wasn't moving, to rejoin the A27 a couple of roundabouts further up, or going right. (Bear in mind here that I don't have Sat Nav or a Map on me :rolleyes:) All the outside lane was going right so I assumed they knew a cut round and tagged on the back. And off we all went in convoy into the night. To say the roads were narrow and twisty would be an understatement, but we seemed to be making good progress. Untill...........We get to some temporary traffic lights at some roadworks! You guessed it! The beggars changed to red before I could make it through, and the convoy dissappeared into the blackness :( Now I could swear I saw those tail lights bearing left on the other side of the lights, but having tried every dead end street in some obscure village I've never heard of! I concluded that I was well and truely LOST! (And the petrol light was now on) Well I blundered on in the dark for a few miles untill I noticed something that actually looked like a beach hut!! Sure enough, a few yards on was a beach and the Seaside in the middle of knowhere. (Sussex is not best known for it's roadsigns by the way! And those that do get put up get weighed in by the Pikeys) Anyway a bit further on I find civilisation and an intact sign which says A29 Chichester. Call me cynical but I've just come from there! So I ring Liz and tell her to get the map out and tell me where the A29 goes to from Chichester in a vain attempt to find out where I actually am!!! Mid call a local walks by and I ask him where I am cos I'm lost, In his finest broken Polish I discover that I'm in Bognor Regis. To cut this side of the story short I consulted with Liz again and was shortly back on the A27 headed home and fueled up :-D UNTILL..... I got to Southwick! Where the A27 was closed for tunnel repairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARGHHHHHHH!!!! Detour around Portslade!!! And finally back on the A27 again :cool: I phone Liz and get her to order a Chinese that I can pick up on the way through Lewes. Collect meal and head for home at last, by now it is 9.00pm and I left Exeter at 4.20pm. I get to within 400yds of home and.........!!!!!! The Phuking road is closed for Barcombe Bonfire Celebrations!!!!! Sorry Sir you can't go through! But I Live there!! Sorry the road won't be open till 10.30!!
Now the sign that has been there for 2 weeks clearly said "Possible Delays"! NOT "ROAD CLOSED" As you can imagine by now I was a tad miffed! But short of being arrested, The only way home was another 15 mile detour to get me 400yds the other side of the villlage from where I was!! Needless to say the Chinese wasn't at it's best when I got in at 10 o'clock!

Hi Chris sorry to here about your endurance test on the way home. I went up to Dolton north of Okehamton to see some friends. mostly lanes and mud so the Cob got a bit muddy, but the rain washed most of it off. Got back to Lands End in about 2 hours from there. Nice to see you all. Regards Ray.:):):)

Purple AK
16-11-08, 09:20 PM
Hi Chris sorry to here about your endurance test on the way home. I went up to Dolton north of Okehamton to see some friends. mostly lanes and mud so the Cob got a bit muddy, but the rain washed most of it off. Got back to Lands End in about 2 hours from there. Nice to see you all. Regards Ray.:):):)
Hi Ray. Nice to see you again :cool: Looking back on the journey home in the cold light of day it was quite amussing :D But at the time, when you are that close to home and some jumped up Special C*ntstable with the manners of a T*rd starts speaking "at" you as if you are something he's just stepped in, tells you can't go home! It wasn't amussing :( But!! I know where he works :mrgreen:

westborne
17-11-08, 06:45 AM
Thanks to everyone who helped erect, man,(or woman) the CRC stand.

We broke all records and had the stand down packed and away by 5.10!!!

Thanks to Martin B for the loan of his stand - to Neil O for the loan of his car and to AndyL, Gerry,MikeT,StuE,Tim, Steve and Dianne,SteveR, Barrie P,Chis B and all who did a stint on the stand.

and thanks to John Cooke for giving us the space again - he told us at the end that his attendance figures were up on last year !! - excellent - mainly due to a more focused and local advertising campaign.

I think we may get about three new members who have taken the forms to sign up!!

Mind you the constant coffee pot seemed to gio down well !!!

Now - I won't comment on Terry's photo apart from the SW CRC appear to be morphing into the Muppets faster than I thought !!

Some photos attached

westborne
17-11-08, 06:47 AM
Also - guys - the weather wasn't too bad - (glad you got back OK Ray) -

Andy L's description of a light drizzle - is "Its P*ssing down in Plymouth!!"

stu e
17-11-08, 07:34 AM
What kit is the black car in the first picture Chris?:rolleyes:

stevee8
17-11-08, 09:24 AM
It's the new Pilgrim Stu - Den moved quickly to get the prototype to the show. ;)
Good to see everyone on Saturday and the coffee was appreciated.

Chris - I made the correct decision in not buying any of the Cobra sculptures. I'm told, at the very least, it would have been a deaf and dumb dinner !!

Neil O
17-11-08, 09:36 AM
It's like a scene from Cocoon, or an afternoon at Derby And Joan.:twisted::twisted::twisted:

or a B&Q staff training day........;)

Noel
17-11-08, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear about your journey Chris, it always seems to be a lottery driving east out of Exeter whether you take the A303 or M5/M4, I left just after 3, took the A303 route and was home at 6 (all at 50mph in a lannie?). Leaving an hour later and I would have been in the same boat as you :rolleyes:

Great day on Saturday, good weather and good to catch up with the SW guys again. Thought the show was surprisingly busy?

westborne
17-11-08, 12:05 PM
Sorry forgot to mention

The Black Car in the first picture is Steves Aston Vantage

Genuine conversation as I was wandering around the Cobs in the Car park.

"Excuse me mate whats the black kit ?"

My response - "Impressive aint it ? - its actually based on a Ford Capri !"

"Blimey thats good - who makes it? - and now I look closer the shut lines arent very good are they?"

Passed this on to Steve but he didnt see the funny side !!

mind you he was the one that took two lovely ladies for a "spin"

Came back with a grin and his shirt undone !!

westborne
17-11-08, 12:15 PM
Some more piccies

Miket
17-11-08, 05:31 PM
Would you buy a car from either of these two reprobates. ;) ;) :D :D

Anthony (Chimera) on the left and Jon from AK

wilf
17-11-08, 07:06 PM
Just love the hats!

Andy S
17-11-08, 07:15 PM
Would you buy a car from either of these two reprobates. ;) ;) :D :D

Anthony (Chimera) on the left and Jon from AK

So do the SW gay bouys have a new recruit !!!!!!!

westborne
18-11-08, 06:40 AM
Looking at Anthony and John

Its good to know our industry is in safe hands !!!

Chimeara
18-11-08, 06:03 PM
Not sure but I think jon was on some good stuff shortly after that pic as I managed to snap this one.

Just hope his eyes open before the next car is built.

TINKA
18-11-08, 06:15 PM
Not sure but I think jon was on some good stuff shortly after that pic as I managed to snap this one.

Just hope his eyes open before the next car is built.

So it was not just a bad hair day :shock: :shock: :oops:

aksportscars
19-11-08, 06:06 PM
Whats wrong with this new dress code ?

By the way Anthony (pc Plonker) aks discount has just been revoked sorry mate.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jon:):)

Chimeara
19-11-08, 06:11 PM
Whats wrong with this new dress code ?

By the way Anthony (pc Plonker) aks discount has just been revoked sorry mate.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jon:):)

Hee hee, sorry mate. on the discount front with the amount of business im doing at present it shouldnt affect me lol. Although I do have a guy coming to view the car this weekend so you never no I might be ordering again next week.