PDA

View Full Version : Message for all club members

tonym
21-11-08, 11:47 AM
To all club members, as of 19/11/2008 I have resigned as chairman of the Cobra Replica Club.

Miket
21-11-08, 11:58 AM
Sorry to hear the news Tone, any replacement in the pipeline. :confused: :confused:

kitcarman
21-11-08, 12:04 PM
To all club members, as of 19/11/2008 I have resigned as chairman of the Cobra Replica Club.

So, why are you disillusioned?

Answer in a PM please if it's not for public consumption.

TINKA
21-11-08, 12:17 PM
Sorry to hear the news Tony but after hearing about all the crap emails you get I am not supprised.

Sidecarbod
21-11-08, 12:24 PM

Bloody hell, I hope that everything is OK :confused:

lumberjack
21-11-08, 12:43 PM

Sorry to hear the news, hope everything is ok.
all the best
Paul

kevchard
21-11-08, 12:48 PM
Hi Tony
sorry to hear you are stepping down, you have been doing such a great job.
Cheers
Kevin and Helen

Russ-Notts
21-11-08, 12:49 PM
Tony,

Really saddened to hear this news. I for one think that the club has moved forward over the last year or so with you at the wheel.

All the best,
Russ.

VeeEight
21-11-08, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your resignation. What are the main reasons?
Phil

KevinW
21-11-08, 01:41 PM
sorry to hear that, i thought you gave this club much needed direction.

David Large
21-11-08, 01:42 PM
Tony,

I am very sorry to hear this, are you going to tell us why?

Regards

craggle
21-11-08, 01:43 PM
As others have said, Sorry to hear that Tony.:(

Would like to know what happened though. I know getting new members must be difficult but was there more to it than it?

Craig.

V8 BJC
21-11-08, 01:50 PM
Tony,
I was really enthused by the news that you had taken this on & could see your determination to drive change. I am therfore sad today reading this.

IMHO, the club is worse off without you in this position.

Hope you are well.
Brian

lutman
21-11-08, 02:06 PM
Would agree with everyone else that the club seemed to be heading in a positive direction.
Understood if there are personal reasons for stepping down, but if it was due to certain aspects of the club or reasons of policy/support then perhaps it would benefit the club to be advised as such so that changes and decision could be made.
Will you still remain a club member and participate in functions ?

wilf
21-11-08, 02:38 PM
Shame. In fact a very great shame as I suspect the CRC will now not exist as such within a year. The membership as a whole is impossible to please and the idiots who made a career out of slagging off the club can rest assured that their job is done. (you know who you are, Snaketorque!)

Thanks to Tony for his efforts and indeed all the unpaid Club officials and reps (and webmasters)who give up their free time for an underserving audience. :mad:

At local level there are some great folks - how did the National Club sink to this?

Miket
21-11-08, 02:54 PM
Shame. In fact a very great shame as I suspect the CRC will now not exist as such within a year. The membership as a whole is impossible to please and the idiots who made a career out of slagging off the club can rest assured that their job is done. (you know who you are, Snaketorque!)

Thanks to Tony for his efforts and indeed all the unpaid Club officials and reps (and webmasters)who give up their free time for an underserving audience. :mad:

At local level there are some great folks - how did the National Club sink to this?

Here here, my god I'm agreeing with Wilf. ;) :D

robert
21-11-08, 03:03 PM

You can't please all of the people all of the time, thats a given.

The Club will continue, people come and people go, thats unfortunately life, however Thanks must go to Tony for the work he has put into the club.

TonyD
21-11-08, 04:21 PM
" The King is dead...........Long live the King" as Shakespeare put it. :(

So whats the procedure for an election and who are the masochists ready and willing to canvas for our votes? Its not going to be like Gordon's elevation is it and we'll end up have an unelected paranoid meglomaniac in control.......?

That rules out all the usual suspects then. :-D:-D

Cheers,

Tony

robinj66
21-11-08, 04:26 PM
Really sad news Tony.:(

Like a lot of others, I thought you brought a breath of fresh air and enthusiasm to the club.

If there is anything I and others on here can do to change your mind or to assist, please let me/us know

slogger
21-11-08, 04:31 PM
Sorry to hear the news Tony! A Club chairman of your calibre will be very hard to find. I hope this is not the return to the dark age.:(

Neil O
21-11-08, 04:41 PM
I agree with all of the statements made so far.
We are worse off now than we were on the 18th.:(

Thanks Tone, for your efforts and I hope to still see you around the meets and events etc.

dolphinboy400
21-11-08, 06:38 PM
agree with everyone else , all the best for the future whatever that may be :(

Iain
21-11-08, 06:49 PM
Sad news Tony.

Understandable but sad...

dave.n
21-11-08, 08:10 PM
Tony
Thank you for everything you have done as Chairman. You stepped up to the plate when we needed you and your enthusiasm.

You are and will always be considered as a friend and fellow cob nut. You are highly respected in our "neck of the woods" and will be forever welcome to anything we get up to in the SE.

I'm sure you have your reasons.

I hope it is only the Chairmanship you are handing over and all is well.

Andy S
21-11-08, 08:12 PM
Tony we dont understand why, any chance you can enlighten us all ???????

Wilf I dont think its down to Snaketorque thats been up and running for a couple of years now and I do not think your comment is fair.

All I can say Tony is you tried to save this mess and for whatever reason you are unable to continue.

We applaud you for your efforts though mate.

wilf
21-11-08, 08:29 PM
Andy - sorry, but you know that the most virulent anti-CRC attitude has been prevalent on that website. Totally unnecessary and mystifying. But unfortunately true, and I am not about to be all mealy-mouthed about it - it is plain to see in most threads there.

As I said, the driving force behind that website can sleep easy tonight knowing that he had his part in this debacle. At least Tony had the guts to not pi$$, whinge and actively agititate against the Club, but to put his personal time and effort into trying to improve things.

robert
21-11-08, 08:39 PM
Tony we dont understand why, any chance you can enlighten us all ???????

Wilf I dont think its down to Snaketorque thats been up and running for a couple of years now and I do not think your comment is fair.

All I can say Tony is you tried to save this mess and for whatever reason you are unable to continue.

We applaud you for your efforts though mate.

What mess?

Purple AK
21-11-08, 08:45 PM
Andy - sorry, but you know that the most virulent anti-CRC attitude has been prevalent on that website. Totally unnecessary and mystifying. But unfortunately true, and I am not about to be all mealy-mouthed about it - it is plain to see in most threads there.

As I said, the driving force behind that website can sleep easy tonight knowing that he had his part in this debacle. At least Tony had the guts to not pi$$, whinge and actively agititate against the Club, but to put his personal time and effort into trying to improve things.
Hear Hear!

TINKA
21-11-08, 09:05 PM

Agreed well said that man

kurrmet
22-11-08, 06:28 PM

Sorry to hear this Tony, I would like to thank you for the effort that you have put into the club while in the position of chairman and look forward to catching with at a later date.

westborne
25-11-08, 07:36 AM
Only just picked this up

All the best Tony - you know you are welcome in the Westcountry at any time !

Chairmen are transitory Friends last longer !!

Be interesting on who picks the responsibility up !!

dinosoar
25-11-08, 08:11 AM
Sorry to hear that Tony. Thanks for all the work.
I hope my notice of imminent resignation didn't push you over the edge.

Andy

v8pete
25-11-08, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear that Tony's standing down - hope that he's still planning on hanging around here though, we'd all miss his input :(

Hey, I didn't know about the Snaketorque website until now... seem like a right bunch of 'Chavs' to me !?

Pete

Clarkson
25-11-08, 10:53 PM
Sorry to hear that your position has been made redundant:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously,thanks for all your hard work,and hope your still sticking around!!;);).

robert
26-11-08, 10:13 PM
Sorry to hear the news Tony but after hearing about all the crap emails you get I am not supprised.

Martin

Its got nothing to do with any emails he has received. Suggest you speak to Tony before jumping to conclusions. ;)

chesterak
27-11-08, 08:40 PM
Just come into this thread, sorry to see the Chairman resign like this.
I'm a relatively new member, don't have a lot of time to attend local meets but do enjoy most of the banter. This forum provided invaluable help to me during my abortive Viper build and latterly my AK build. From my perspective, I think its a little far-fetched to say the CRC will fold, at least I hope it is.
In one of the posts, Snaketorque was mentioned, I have never heard of this Forum so I've just had a look.
About the most polite thing I would say is I will stay with CRC, and happy to pay the membership subscription.

Robin427
27-11-08, 11:22 PM
Tony, is it because I called you a fat bastard?

Clarkson
27-11-08, 11:48 PM

LOL!!!:oops::oops::shock::shock:

Neil O
28-11-08, 11:20 AM

Ah, so it's all your fault eh?

tonym
30-11-08, 11:07 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words (except Robin of course :p).

I'll be back on-line again soon so will be back to add some banter to the site.

All my best wishes to Rob for taking over the club chair till someone else comes along.

Robin427
30-11-08, 01:23 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words (except Robin of course :p).

I'll be back on-line again soon so will be back to add some banter to the site.

All my best wishes to Rob for taking over the club chair till someone else comes along.

Still reeling from your brilliant wind up at Stoneleigh a couple of years ago... :)