PDA

View Full Version : Pilgrim ReStarted

kitcarman
10-12-08, 01:44 AM
Hi Folks,
As the title suggests, a new Pilgrim Cars has resumed production of kits following the surprise liquidation of the deceased Pilgrim Cars UK Ltd. The factory doors were actually re-opened on 1st December 2008.

For those who want to catch up on the news, there are a number of threads:-

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/general-cobra-discussion/29532-pilgrim-rip.html in which the collapse of the company was announced.

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/general-cobra-discussion/30085-pilgrim-truth.html in which ex-owner, Tony Holmes, lays out the reasons for the company’s demise.

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/general-cobra-discussion/29685-pilgrim-reborn-32.html in which I, Den Tanner, announced that I had re-acquired the remains of the company from the receiver.

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/general-cobra-discussion/30014-pilgrim-rebuilt.html in which I asked this forum what was wrong with the old company and its products.

In this thread I’m intending to keep everybody posted concerning what I’m doing, as I do it, to address the concerns mentioned in previous threads.

I’ll make no bones about the fact that my intention is to reassure customers and potential customers that the Sumo product is fundamentally sound and that the past problems are all easily overcome (for past customers) and will be overcome (for future builders).

To kick this thread off: Let me say that I’ve re-opened the factory, resumed production and from the very first kit made under my management I’ve already started dealing with the issues – beginning with those of fundamental concern.

Noel
10-12-08, 10:50 AM
Dropped by the factory yesterday and it was great to see Pete and Martin working at full steam producing chassis' and bodies. First few are already accounted for, filling new orders. Lots of boxes of new stock beginning to pile up in the workshop and the phones are ringing with new enquiries which is also a very good sign.

Very interesting to see the new modified rear end of the chassis and also the new wishbones, which Den took me through in great detail, should make things an awful lot easier for new builders. If I was embarking in a new build now I get the feeling that I would complete it in half the time it took me before. The factory is filled with a new vigour that has been missing for years, even Pete was smiling ;)

As for Den.......he makes a great Teaboy ;) :p :D

I wish you all the best Den, bangs for bucks, the Sumo will be the best kit out there.......

oldcobber
10-12-08, 12:36 PM
Great news, well done Den.
All the very best for the future.

Bob:)

Willy
10-12-08, 07:18 PM
I can’t wait to come over to the factory and see all action. (I guess one of the first Sumo chassis is for me) :mrgreen:
It will feel strange that I do not need to make those modifications to the chassis and other parts as I did the last 5 years or so. :confused:

Den did in a few weeks what Tony did not in the past 7 years; Asking and listening to customers and use feedback for improvements and actually put it promptly into the production process.:cool:

Adrian427
10-12-08, 08:14 PM
A interesting thought! What happens when the source of sierra/granada doners drys up? Will you be looking to use BMW 3 series parts?

The South Africans build a great cobra using recon BMW suspension, it tried proven and working well for them! And there such a huge range of diff ratios and brakes to choose from.

I just picked up a bargin of a sumo project car to join my other cobra in the workshop, so i will be looking to purchase some finishing parts from you.

All the best for the future

Adrian

kitcarman
14-12-08, 11:05 AM
A interesting thought! What happens when the source of sierra/granada doners drys up? Will you be looking to use BMW 3 series parts?

Adrian
Hi Adrian,
I'll be thinking about the next generation at some point in the future. For the time being I've got my work cut out just getting the factory operational again.

I apologise to all those who still haven't received replies to their emails/messages. The truth is that I've been utterly overloaded.

As you all know, I publish Kit Car and Cobra magazines as well - and that work hasn't simply moved to one side to let me get on with sorting Pilgrim. And in respect to building Pilgrim's momentum, I've found that even the simplist of tasks is taking far longer than I would have thought.

My main efforts in the first two weeks have gone towards ensuring the staff have the requisite materials to make kits with. They've so far produced 2 Sumo kits complete, one half Sumo chassis (for an accident repair) and 1 356 body. For my part, I've been looking at various design aspects and chasing the supply of various materials/parts.

It is coming together - gradually.

john cohen
14-12-08, 12:59 PM
I would like to wish Den and the guys at Pilgrim all the best for 2009 and the rebirth of the Sumo . I loved building mine . Great kit!! Good luck guys . I may even have a look at another sumo my self!!!!!

All the best John.

dingocooke
14-12-08, 01:52 PM
Nice one Den; (only one point; the liquidation was not a surprise for many of us; just a surprise it took so long; when I credit checked it all the CCJ's were a dead giveaway it was going to go tits up!!)

Good luck with your new venture and heres to a full order book for you in 2009!!!

kitcarman
14-12-08, 02:42 PM
Nice one Den; (only one point; the liquidation was not a surprise for many of us; just a surprise it took so long; when I credit checked it all the CCJ's were a dead giveaway it was going to go tits up!!)

Good luck with your new venture and heres to a full order book for you in 2009!!!

Hi Steve and John,
Thanks for your good wishes…. I’m certainly going to need them. The market really is tough at the moment and there’s a lot to do at Pilgrim to get it back to a ‘reasonable’ state.

On the subject of the condition of the business: I fully agree that it’s astonishing that it lasted as long as it did given that there was nothing behind the façade for so very long.

According to the accounts in the liquidator’s report there was £90,000 worth of stock in the business when he brought it (actually there was a lot more than that) and that it (apparently) increased over the following years to £180,000 (in March 2007 - which I find hard to believe, given what the staff have been telling me). Interestingly, part of the report includes a statement in Tony’s hand in which he was asked to place a value on the assets on the day he closed the business and how much he believed could be realised for them. His figure was £22,156.94 (precise or what?) from which his “Estimate to realise” was £15,000.

So, to put that bluntly, Tony had run the business down to the point where there were fewer assets in it than an average builder puts into a single car. And given that the values quoted above are Tony’s figures; it makes one wonder how sincere he was when he said in his http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/general-cobra-discussion/30085-pilgrim-truth-6.html thread “I was hoping for a good price for the Company to help with the creditors but even though eight people were interested Den managed to get it cheap.” In fact Den paid more-or-less what Tony told the courts would be realised.

Even if I did get it cheap, I’m going to have to invest heavily just to make it operational.

dingocooke
14-12-08, 02:53 PM
Of course overvaluing the stock is a classic way of avoiding showing that a company is trading insolvent (which is illegal) at accounts submission time...

kitcarman
14-12-08, 04:37 PM
Of course overvaluing the stock is a classic way of avoiding showing that a company is trading insolvent (which is illegal) at accounts submission time...
Interesting Steve,
Because I’ve spent most of my commercial life trying to ‘talk-down’ the value of my stock: so as to minimise tax liability.
I must have been doing something wrong?
Even with Tony’s (possibly inflated) stock figures, the company still made losses in 4 out of the last 6 years. As I said, the last accounts said there was £180k worth plus fixed assets. On the last day, according to Tony, there was £22k worth including fixed assets.
It goes to show what unaudited accounts are worth - hey?

dingocooke
15-12-08, 09:02 AM
yes thats because youve been trading legitimately; but there are legions of companies out there hanging by a thread effectively trading insolvent, who overvalue their stock to prop up their figures; crazy yes but it happens as often as you see the other classic intercompany charges and high consultancy fees!!

kitcarman
17-12-08, 07:16 PM
Ok Folks,
I’m now in the third week of factory occupation and thought it was time to give you a progress report.
In the previous thread I asked for information concerning engineering problems and promised to deal with at least one a week until there were none left to deal with.

In my first week I re-aligned the brackets holding the rear trailing arms.
Although many people driving a Sumo would be unaware of the problem, there was a rear wheels ‘toe out’ of around 0.6 degrees per side.
Some owners made a correction by moving the pivot hole on the inside of each rear trailing arm and reported significant improvements in handling/stability.
I’ve moved the jig locations so that exercise should never again be necessary on chassis produced by me.

In my second week I made an alteration to the upper wishbone to increase the degree of self-centring of the steering. I did this for two reasons. Firstly, to improve the handling and stability of the vehicle and to ensure there are no further SVA failures on this point. One pair of these modified arms has been fitted and another two pairs are en-route to existing customers.
I’ve no doubt that they will do the intended job (which was to increase the camber angle by about 2 degrees) and thus ensure the degree of self-centring is up to IVA standards and significantly improve the car’s dynamic ability.

With these two modifications done, I’m 100% certain that the Sumo chassis kit is improved to the point where it can be sold with confidence.

I’ve not yet implemented any changes regarding bump-steer (which can be eradicated by repositioning the rack upwards or downwards at any stage). Nor have I yet dealt with the issues of clearance when fitting a Chevy engine….. These are for weeks three and four (with the other build issues being dealt with in subsequent weeks).

Sidecarbod
17-12-08, 08:52 PM
Den,

With regards to the rear wheels you should recommend the bottom outer hole and or drop the bracket down. It may need a tweak on the jig but that should be a 5 minute job.

Pete

kitcarman
20-12-08, 05:16 PM
Den,

With regards to the rear wheels you should recommend the bottom outer hole and or drop the bracket down. It may need a tweak on the jig but that should be a 5 minute job.

Pete
Hi Pete.
I shall be recommending the bottom hole. In fact, as soon as the ‘stock’ brackets are used up, they’ll be replaced with brackets with only the lower holes in them. There will be no room for confusion then.

As to the ‘tweak’. It’s already been done. At the same time I aligned the holes such that they run in-line with each other and adjusted their height such that camber should be the same both sides as well.

Sidecarbod
21-12-08, 12:34 AM
Hi Pete.
I shall be recommending the bottom hole. In fact, as soon as the ‘stock’ brackets are used up, they’ll be replaced with brackets with only the lower holes in them. There will be no room for confusion then.

As to the ‘tweak’. It’s already been done. At the same time I aligned the holes such that they run in-line with each other and adjusted their height such that camber should be the same both sides as well.

Yep, the idea of one set of holes is much better. As to the tweak, aligning the holes that is what I ment, I just could not think of the right words!

You just have the nail the bumpsteer mod now and from that point onwards the car will handle very well as long as the builder sets up the toe and camber to a reasonable standard. :D

Pete

sumoboy
21-12-08, 10:15 AM
Pete, I remember when you was sorting my Cob's rear end toe-out problems earlier this year, that you said "the best thing that could happen to Pilgrim Cars, is as new owner takes over".

Who would of thought 6 months ago, that this thread would be live and Den would be fixing the Sumo's issues already.

You was RIGHT Pete:D

Keep up the good work Den:cool:

Sidecarbod
21-12-08, 11:19 AM
Pete, I remember when you was sorting my Cob's rear end toe-out problems earlier this year, that you said "the best thing that could happen to Pilgrim Cars, is as new owner takes over".

Who would of thought 6 months ago, that this thread would be live and Den would be fixing the Sumo's issues already.

Just call me "Mystic Pete".....never won anything on the lottery though :(

sumoboy
21-12-08, 02:32 PM
Just call me "Mystic Pete".....never won anything on the lottery though :(

Nor did Mystic Meg:rolleyes:

kitcarman
22-12-08, 04:43 PM

In six months you’ll be saying it’s time for me to move on too! LOL

Well, my third week at the factory hasn’t been quite so fruitful. I’ve done one more modification (as promised) – moved the handbrake lever back 25mm to give more clearance around the gearshift. Actually I altered the drawing weeks ago, but the new tunnels only arrived this last week - one has been built into a chassis. All chassis from now will have their handbrake in this new position.

I’ve also altered other drawings, the parts relating to which will arrive after Christmas and will be reported upon as and when the modifications are fully implemented.

This week I had a good chat with Mark (my mechanic) who is quite impressed with my plan for easing the strain on customers induced by the IVA test. I’ve also been working on VOSA who (I think) have agreed to change the IVA test requirements at my request.

It’s been an interesting first three weeks at the helm. I produced and despatched 3 kits in those 3 weeks too!

dingocooke
22-12-08, 04:57 PM
In six months you’ll be saying it’s time for me to move on too! LOL

Well, my third week at the factory hasn’t been quite so fruitful. I’ve done one more modification (as promised) – moved the handbrake lever back 25mm to give more clearance around the gearshift. Actually I altered the drawing weeks ago, but the new tunnels only arrived this last week - one has been built into a chassis. All chassis from now will have their handbrake in this new position.

I’ve also altered other drawings, the parts relating to which will arrive after Christmas and will be reported upon as and when the modifications are fully implemented.

This week I had a good chat with Mark (my mechanic) who is quite impressed with my plan for easing the strain on customers induced by the IVA test. I’ve also been working on VOSA who (I think) have agreed to change the IVA test requirements at my request.

It’s been an interesting first three weeks at the helm. I produced and despatched 3 kits in those 3 weeks too!

Nice work Den; I'm impressed!!!

sumoboy
22-12-08, 05:41 PM
Den, When will the New Pilgrim Website be launched?

Will it include an option to buy online?

Cheers
Dave.F

kitcarman
22-12-08, 06:04 PM
Den, When will the New Pilgrim Website be launched?

Will it include an option to buy online?

Cheers
Dave.F

As soon as I can find some B@#%£y time to do it.

There have been Christmas doos every evening for as far back as I can remember AND people keep ordering Kit Car mags (again, something to do with Christmas - humbug!) AND the grief that's come my way with the ordinary Kit Car magazine production schedule THEN there's all those lovely people who are awaiting Pilgrim bits (what's wrong with them hey? I mean they've only been waiting a year!) THEN there are staff who say they haven’t got material to work with…..

Tonight I'm going to Shoreham Car Auctions to buy as many Sierras/Granadas as they've got. Otherwise Mark won’t be able to build my next demonstrator or work on my spectacular new invention – the SVA/IVA buster kit.

So, don’t expect any posts from me for the next few hours – auction sales start at 7pm. I’ve got to get there and case the merchandise beforehand.

dingocooke
22-12-08, 06:08 PM
Granadas and Sierras at car auctions???? Blimey is shoreham the other side of some sort of time travel portal??
I havent seen a granada or sierra at a normal BCA type auction for about 6 years!!!!!!

Hope you find some but Id guess the local admag a better bet???

Adrian427
22-12-08, 06:20 PM
Granadas and Sierras at car auctions???? Blimey is shoreham the other side of some sort of time travel portal??
I havent seen a granada or sierra at a normal BCA type auction for about 6 years!!!!!!

That exactly what i was getting at, when i mentioned sources of doner sierra and granadas drying up. Maybe it aint reached crisis point yet. But there aint gonna be many "on the block" tonight or even next week!

I hope all your new efforts based on old doner cars aint gonna be wasted in vain. I think you should of moved straight into a new doner model and then totally revamped.

Again best wishes Den

Purple AK
22-12-08, 06:28 PM
Den. I'll have a word with the three local Vehicle Disposal people I know if you like? I'm sure they would be happy to supply provided the price is more than scrap value ;)

Noel
22-12-08, 06:36 PM
I suppose getting hold of a Cosworth rear end is going to be wishful thinking then :(

Clarkson
22-12-08, 06:50 PM
My work mate will soon have a Kreg 2.0 4x4 plate sierra complete car, soon will be written off do to theft damage.

Purple AK
22-12-08, 07:02 PM
I suppose getting hold of a Cosworth rear end is going to be wishful thinking then :(
A practical sort of man would look at upgrading to a Jag setup ;) (have a word with Gwak/Gary at sidepipes.co.uk. He's done it) And I know someone :rolleyes: with a Daimler just right for the job ;)

Clarkson
22-12-08, 07:08 PM
A practical sort of man would look at upgrading to a Jag setup ;) (have a word with Gwak/Gary at sidepipes.co.uk. He's done it) And I know someone :rolleyes: with a Daimler just right for the job ;)

Can I have the steering column and UJ's please??:confused:

Purple AK
22-12-08, 07:11 PM
Can I have the steering coloum and UJ's please??:confused: Yes mate. Brian did mention you were after one so it has your name on it ;)

Noel
22-12-08, 07:20 PM
Maybe we could club together for all the bits ;)

Will call Gary tomorrow Chris, although the thought of those ancient inboard brakes............:rolleyes:

Purple AK
22-12-08, 07:24 PM
Maybe we could club together for all the bits ;)

Will call Gary tomorrow Chris, although the thought of those ancient inboard brakes............:rolleyes:
It won't be ANY money Noel ;)

Noel
22-12-08, 07:26 PM
It won't be ANY money Noel ;)

Sounds like my kinda deal :D

Just pm'd Gary, hope you can see where I am going by my new signature ;)

Purple AK
22-12-08, 07:32 PM
hope you can see where I am going by my new signature ;)
You did PM me the spec a while ago ;)

Noel
22-12-08, 07:35 PM
You did PM me the spec a while ago ;)

Of course, sorry :oops:

Will let you know when I hear from Gary if I will go down that route :cool:

Purple AK
22-12-08, 07:42 PM
Of course, sorry :oops:

Will let you know when I hear from Gary if I will go down that route :cool:
Yours if you want it. And the 2.88 diff is "good for the larger engine sir"

Noel
22-12-08, 08:02 PM
Yours if you want it. And the 2.88 diff is "good for the larger engine sir"

You have a pm :cool:

kitcarman
22-12-08, 08:43 PM

Emmmm….
I’ve just seen what you mean….
Nearly purchased a 1999 Beemer M3 though. It went for £2400.

Den. I'll have a word with the three local Vehicle Disposal people I know if you like? I'm sure they would be happy to supply provided the price is more than scrap value ;)
Yes please,
But I’m looking for runners with manual boxes… Reasonable prices paid.

Purple AK
22-12-08, 08:51 PM
Emmmm….
I’ve just seen what you mean….
Nearly purchased a 1999 Beemer M3 though. It went for £2400.

Yes please,
But I’m looking for runners with manual boxes… Reasonable prices paid.
Manual Sierra's (Sierra@s) and Granada's yes?

kitcarman
22-12-08, 09:07 PM
Manual Sierra's (Sierra@s) and Granada's yes?

Yes please!!!!

kitcarman
25-12-08, 10:13 PM
I trust that you’ve all had a merry and meaningful Christmas!

I’m bidding on a Sierra on ebay which is situated near my in-laws and which ends on the day I’ll be coming home from them. Convenient hey?

The car is a 1992 (just misses the catalytic converter nonsense) and has a 2 litre DOHC engine. It’ll be ideal for my first ‘IVA Buster’ kit.

Dutch Paul
28-12-08, 03:27 PM
........I shall be recommending the bottom hole.........

<snigger> :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

kitcarman
28-12-08, 10:54 PM
<snigger> :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Paul,
That's quite enough sniggering! Now go and wash your naughty mind with whatever it is that you're supposed to use. LOL!

I purchased my Sierra!

£300 brought me a 1992 2 litre DOHC. Mark will build it into a basic specification Sumo which will be amongst the first to go through IVA in a couple of months time.

What I'm thinking of doing is a series of 3 articles entitled "It Can't be Done!" in which I detail how a Sumo can be built, through IVA and registered "On The Road" for under £8,000.

Part 1 will deal with the chassis. Part 2 with the body. Part 3 with testing and registration with a detailed list of what was spent on the whole project.

Subsequent articles could deal with upgrades (such as post registration engine swap, a paint job, adding glitzy embellishments, etc).

How does that sound?

Sidecarbod
28-12-08, 11:15 PM
Paul,
That's quite enough sniggering! Now go and wash your naughty mind with whatever it is that you're supposed to use. LOL!

I purchased my Sierra!

£300 brought me a 1992 2 litre DOHC. Mark will build it into a basic specification Sumo which will be amongst the first to go through IVA in a couple of months time.

What I'm thinking of doing is a series of 3 articles entitled "It Can't be Done!" in which I detail how a Sumo can be built, through IVA and registered "On The Road" for under £8,000.

Part 1 will deal with the chassis. Part 2 with the body. Part 3 with testing and registration with a detailed list of what was spent on the whole project.

Subsequent articles could deal with upgrades (such as post registration engine swap, a paint job, adding glitzy embellishments, etc).

How does that sound?

Hi Den,

Sounds interesting!

I guess for 8k it ain't going to have a V8 in it which is a shame :( (Or is that part of the follow on engine upgrade?)

Cheers,

Pete

viperjim
28-12-08, 11:45 PM
300 quid for a 16 year old sierra , you must have to much money den

viperjim
28-12-08, 11:49 PM
just read your post again den . Will the 3 articles be in snake torque or one of the kit car magazines ?

kitcarman
29-12-08, 12:40 AM
just read your post again den . Will the 3 articles be in snake torque or one of the kit car magazines ?
One (or two) of the Kit Car magazines - I reckon - LOL!

kitcarman
29-12-08, 02:49 PM
Hi Den,

Sounds interesting!

I guess for 8k it ain't going to have a V8 in it which is a shame :( (Or is that part of the follow on engine upgrade?)

Cheers,

Pete

What I’m aiming to achieve is a boost in customer confidence.

The idea is to show how simply a Sumo can be registered using a donor engine.

Then show how it can be (legally) improved from there.

At £8,000 the result will be simple in the extreme – but be the platform for a ‘no risks’ and ‘the sky is the limit’ kinda Cobra with as many bells and whistles as are required.

For example: once the vehicle is registered with a small donor car engine; a Mexican small block Chevy can be fitted (without any problems with injection, cats, etc). What’s more, the ‘removed’ donor engine could be sold on to the next guy who wants to register his ‘simple’ Sumo prior to upgrading it.

As I said: I’m trying to offer a legal way to ensure we can continue building the kind of Cobras we all want, but without the fear factor that it might not get through the test/registration process.

andicole0
29-12-08, 03:31 PM
Are you going to avoid sidepipes for the IVA?

Andi.

kitcarman
29-12-08, 04:06 PM
Are you going to avoid sidepipes for the IVA?

Andi.

Hi Andi,
I thought I mentioned this earlier, but we (that’s me and the staff at Kit Car magazine) believe we've persuaded VOSA to remove the exposed exhaust pipe amendment from the IVA test requirements. We’ll know for sure when they return after their Christmas holiday.

That said, my ‘basic’ £8,000 IVA passing car will not have side pipes. Not because of the rules, but to keep things as simple as possible. I want to be able to strip the donor, build the chassis, fit the body and install essential wiring and trim in less than a week.

After IVA testing and registration, I intend to offer for sale this ‘basic’ car to any customer to improve it to his or her heart’s content. I anticipate that it will cost around £8000 in parts and test fees plus about £1000 in labour.

I’m going to show how it’s done and encourage my customers to follow the same procedure for their own problem and worry free route to Cobra ownership.

andicole0
29-12-08, 06:10 PM
I must have missed that bit sorry.

What you're doing sounds like a great idea, I think a lot of people would be interested if it can be shown to be a straight forward process to get a Cobra on the road.

I also like the idea of an upgradeable vehicle, after all, that's what Mitsubishi and Subaru do with their Ralliart and Prodrive add-ons.

Andi.

Dutch Paul
29-12-08, 07:12 PM
Den

With all due respect - loose lips sink ships.:rolleyes:

kitcarman
29-12-08, 07:59 PM
Den

With all due respect - loose lips sink ships.:rolleyes:

Not in this case Paul, because what I'm proposing is completely legal.

All I'm doing is registering the car in the simplist way possible. I (or any subsequent owner) can subsequently upgrad its engine without any problem at all.

As I said: I'm trying to increase customer confidence whilst staying on the right side of the law. If you see a flaw in my thinking, please enlighten me.

dinosoar
29-12-08, 08:37 PM
Not in this case Paul, because what I'm proposing is completely legal.

All I'm doing is registering the car in the simplist way possible. I (or any subsequent owner) can subsequently upgrad its engine without any problem at all.

As I said: I'm trying to increase customer confidence whilst staying on the right side of the law. If you see a flaw in my thinking, please enlighten me.

Well the point has been raised that the SVA is only valid as the car is presented (like the MOT). If the car is subsequently modified in a way that would make it fail the test would it still be legal? What if Mr insurance assessor found that various non conforming parts had been changed.

It is a bit of a grey area. After all, some subsequent changes made by an owner could well be to improve safety such as braking.

I would be interested to know what the official line is on this one. I have had thoughts about offering the Aston as a Tested but basic minimum package.

Andy

realyweely
30-12-08, 08:58 AM
Well the point has been raised that the SVA is only valid as the car is presented (like the MOT). If the car is subsequently modified in a way that would make it fail the test would it still be legal? What if Mr insurance assessor found that various non conforming parts had been changed.
It is a bit of a grey area. After all, some subsequent changes made by an owner could well be to improve safety such as braking.
I would be interested to know what the official line is on this one. I have had thoughts about offering the Aston as a Tested but basic minimum package.
Andy

On a different tack but parallel, I have found Insurers arent that bad when letting them know of any mods, as long as if they increase the value of the car you let them know, and parts fitted are completely legal.
I have converted several VW T4's from Vans to Motorcaravans, and have changed wheels, complete interiors, lowered them completely, changed seats and seating, installed complete 240 and 12V electrical sytems, TV, gas fridges etc etc etc and so long as the Insurers know and parts fitted are legal they have been happy.

I think thats the main point of what you do to a car after an SVA, IVA, or even an MOT.
So long as the parts fitted, and the way they are fitted are legal, then no laws are being broken.

kitcarman
30-12-08, 09:52 AM
Agreed Tony!
When the insurance form asks “has it been modified – if so where?” …. The answer is “Yes it has – it’s been modified everywhere!” They can then hardly subsequently say you didn’t tell them about the modifications.

As to whether or not your modifications are ‘approved’. The simple answer is that they will have been if the car has been MoTed – and I’d strongly recommend that it is after any serious work is done on any car.

Hi Andy,
What you (and many others) need to take on board is that there’s a world of difference between registration requirements and normal requirements. What’s required at registration (as dictated by numerous EU directives, distilled into IVA) isn’t the same as what’s required on a day to day basis (as defined in ‘Construction and Use’, distilled into MoT).

What I’m saying is that IVA has one purpose (which was to ‘control’ grey imports) and MoT has another (which is to ensure that the cars on our roads are maintained in a safe condition – including any modifications).

Vidge
31-12-08, 12:14 AM
I have a letter filed away that I received from the DVLA when I queried the V5 for my first dropside pickup. The V5 stated a 1998cc petrol engine but the truck had a 2.5CDI Diesel with no engine number (I did buy it off a mate, so I didn't check it out very well)

From what I recall the letter stated that the DVLA consider an engine to be an item that can be replaced at the owner’s discretion as it is considered a consumable part. They reissued the V5 with the 2.5 Diesel shown and the original petrol engines number associated with it.

If they're not fussed, what's the problem most insurance companied I've spoken to have happily accepted engine transplant's and I've performed some wierd one's in the past :)

kitcarman
31-12-08, 05:08 PM
I promised to deal with at least one a week until there were none left to deal with.

In my first week I re-aligned the brackets holding the rear trailing arms.
Although many people driving a Sumo would be unaware of the problem, there was a rear wheels ‘toe out’ of around 0.6 degrees per side.
Some owners made a correction by moving the pivot hole on the inside of each rear trailing arm and reported significant improvements in handling/stability.
I’ve moved the jig locations so that exercise should never again be necessary on chassis produced by me.

In my second week I made an alteration to the upper wishbone to increase the degree of self-centring of the steering. I did this for two reasons. Firstly, to improve the handling and stability of the vehicle and to ensure there are no further SVA failures on this point. One pair of these modified arms has been fitted and another two pairs are en-route to existing customers.
I’ve no doubt that they will do the intended job (which was to increase the camber angle by about 2 degrees) and thus ensure the degree of self-centring is up to IVA standards and significantly improve the car’s dynamic ability.

In my third week I moved the handbrake lever fixing backwards by 25mm in order to give greater clearance between it and the gear lever.

In my forth week I altered the ‘beam’ where the steering rack attaches. The problem reported was that there was very little clearance between it and the crankshaft pulley when certain types of engine are fitted (main problem was with an SD1 Rover V8).
I’ve redesigned this beam by trimming about 6mm from its front face and by bending its front edge downwards. In all, I reckon there’s an extra 10mm clearance and the new arrangement is both stronger and more attractive.

Not only have I done these modifications, but I’ve (more accurately my staff have) dispatched 4 kits in these first 4 weeks. I’m hoping I’m going to be able to carry this momentum into the New Year.

Miket
31-12-08, 05:12 PM
I’m hoping I’m going to be able to carry this momentum into the New Year.

With all this commitment and enthusiasm you deserve to do well. ;) ;)

Happy New Year Den. :D :D

kitcarman
31-12-08, 08:19 PM
With all this commitment and enthusiasm you deserve to do well. ;) ;)

Happy New Year Den. :D :D

And a Happy New Year to you too - and to every other member of the Kit Car community!

Rowly
01-01-09, 12:03 AM
And a Happy New Year to you too - and to every other member of the Kit Car community!
Happy new year to all
let me see now, what do we need to start building the new year,
January the first is always a good place to start,
we have all done it before (some more then others)
of course we would never repeat the same mistakes we made before,...would we!!!
my build manual is sorted out (at least until February) after that we will see what happens....
in the meantime, best wishes to all
Rowland

kitcarman
01-01-09, 12:59 PM
Happy new year to all
let me see now, what do we need to start building the new year,
January the first is always a good place to start,
we have all done it before (some more then others)
of course we would never repeat the same mistakes we made before,...would we!!!
my build manual is sorted out (at least until February) after that we will see what happens....
in the meantime, best wishes to all
Rowland
Second Sumo and not repeating the same mistake seem ill at ease with each other – hey? LOL

I’ll help keep you busy in 2009. Your replacement chassis will be one of the next off the production line!

I would have produced it already, but for the fact that I’m awaiting a part from the sheet metal workers – a battery box that is slightly shallower both top to bottom and front to back. I should receive it soon.

In fact your chassis will have another couple of additional improvements if all comes together as anticipated.

Happy New Year Rowland!

Rowly
01-01-09, 02:59 PM
Second Sumo and not repeating the same mistake seem ill at ease with each other – hey? LOL

I’ll help keep you busy in 2009. Your replacement chassis will be one of the next off the production line!

I would have produced it already, but for the fact that I’m awaiting a part from the sheet metal workers – a battery box that is slightly shallower both top to bottom and front to back. I should receive it soon.

In fact your chassis will have another couple of additional improvements if all comes together as anticipated.

Happy New Year Rowland!
Thanks Den, Same to you.
Good news about my Chassis, much nicer with the extra room for engine,front & back.
Ian at BAE tells me that my Chevy 383 stroker will be ready soon, which is also great news for the new year.
I have had a good clearout in the shed & workshops, I put up the 20 sets of shelf racking I got from Woolworths, found a load of stuff I forgot I had, found a load of stuff I should not still have, so binned it. Anyway, back to the plot......
It's great news to hear that you can supply an "on the road" Sumo for 8K + labour, which can be upgraded later. I have got some thoughts on that, which I will come back to later.
I took some preliminary measurements of Camber/Castor/KPI angles, with the tool I had purchased from Sealy. The Camber & Castor were reasonably easy to do, albeit, wthin an accuracy of about half a degree, however, the KPI was off the scale (Max 14deg) for this device.
So I have managed to arrage to "borrow" a more accurate guage on Friday & I will do it all again more precisely. once set up, a gauge like the "sealey" can be used for tinkering with the camber, which, beacuse it can only be adjusted by a minimum of one turn on the upper balljoint thread, falls within the accuracy range of the guage.
I did notice though, that the new top arms you sent, are a bit too far rearward, so the rear of my tyre rubs my mudflaps on Sumo 1
my initial measurements also confirmed that by altering one dimension, it also affected some of the other settings. In an effort to help me understand why, I have read up on a couple of books on the subject and am a little wiser, about the basic concepts. I have also subscribed to the full package "susprog" suspension design 3d software, currently waiting for the licence confirmation & operatingcode to come back to me.
I should be able to enter all the fixed data for the chassis, then enter various settings for top arm geometry & veiw/print all the tabulated results at all angles of steering & bump & droop, for Camber/Castor/KPI/ scrub radius etc.
This, together with more accurate readings from the better guage would give us a fuller picture, we can maybe get a more finely tuned top arm (sorry if you might have to re-do it).
I might need help with some of the dimension inputs for the chassis & wheel offset dimensions for Sierra/granada options (also for using original wheels on the 8K build you propose). I will send you a PM later today on that subject.
Rowland

kitcarman
02-01-09, 06:50 PM
It's great news to hear that you can supply an "on the road" Sumo for 8K + labour, which can be upgraded later. I have got some thoughts on that, which I will come back to later.
I’m hoping to put one through the new IVA test as soon as it is operational.

I took some preliminary measurements of Camber/Castor/KPI angles, with the tool I had purchased from Sealy…..

I have read up on a couple of books on the subject and am a little wiser, about the basic concepts. I have also subscribed to the full package "susprog" suspension design 3d software, currently waiting for the licence confirmation & operating code to come back to me.

You’ll enjoy ‘playing’ with the programme and you’ll learn a lot! Don’t expect it to provide all your answers though, because so many of the variables are dictated by either the Ford components or by the chassis design.

kitcarman
04-01-09, 02:27 PM
Finally got around to doing something with the web-site: Pilgrim Cars (http://www.pilgrimcars.com/index.html)
It's got a very long way to go though!!!!!

Miket
04-01-09, 02:42 PM
Finally got around to doing something with the web-site: Pilgrim Cars (http://www.pilgrimcars.com/index.html)

The Site Home, About us, Model range and Parts links aren't working correctly. ;) ;)

kitcarman
04-01-09, 05:53 PM
The Site Home, About us, Model range and Parts links aren't working correctly. ;) ;)
Are you sure Mike?
They are working no my machine.

Noel
04-01-09, 05:55 PM
Ian at BAE tells me that my Chevy 383 stroker will be ready soon, which is also great news for the new year.

So that's what's holding mine up then ;) :p :p :D :D :D

Miket
04-01-09, 06:44 PM
Are you sure Mike?

There working on mine now :confused: :confused: apart from the About us.

dingocooke
04-01-09, 06:49 PM
Are you sure Mike?

all works on my machine except about us which is not hyperlnked

kitcarman
04-01-09, 07:22 PM
all works on my machine except about us which is not hyperlnked

I'm glad that the links that are present are working. To start with, I'm building the framework. I'll put details on the pages as and when I can.

Can anybody suggest what else is needed within the framework?

Rowly
04-01-09, 09:11 PM

Ok Den, it's a start, some of the links work ok for me.
I did notice though, that it was "last updated" Jan 5th 2009. since it is still Jan 4th. I am not sure how you did that. Do you think you could Pm me the result of the 2.30 at Epsom:D:D

Noel,
Perhaps Ian has got access to the same time machine as Den:D:D

Rowland

Vidge
04-01-09, 09:17 PM

Give me a shout if you need a site doing Den, I have a tame web developer with nothing to do at the moment, he recently did www.sidepipes.co.uk (http://www.sidepipes.co.uk) as something to do.

Andy

kitcarman
04-01-09, 09:47 PM
Ok Den, it's a start, some of the links work ok for me.
I did notice though, that it was "last updated" Jan 5th 2009. since it is still Jan 4th. I am not sure how you did that. Do you think you could Pm me the result of the 2.30 at Epsom:D:D

Noel,
Perhaps Ian has got access to the same time machine as Den:D:D

Rowland

Just call me "The Doctor"!

Neil O
04-01-09, 10:38 PM

Doctor Who?

jemburrett
04-01-09, 10:53 PM

What's Valentino got to do with the price of oranges?

dingocooke
04-01-09, 10:59 PM
What's Valentino got to do with the price of oranges?

ah yes mr rossi; the real doctor, not that semi gay two hearted time lord faggot lol ;-) 8)

Id swap eternal life to be able to drift an HRC motogp bike on slicks like that man; truly gifted!!!

Neil O
05-01-09, 06:26 AM
....or maybe even a Yamaha.....;)

Soundhouse
05-01-09, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE=kitcarman;280492]I'm glad that the links that are present are working. To start with, I'm building the framework. I'll put details on the pages as and when I can.

Just getting Object not found! Error 404 Is it me?

kitcarman
05-01-09, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=kitcarman;280492]I'm glad that the links that are present are working. To start with, I'm building the framework. I'll put details on the pages as and when I can.

Just getting Object not found! Error 404 Is it me?

No - It's me.
I pressed a wrong button last night! Erased a days work in one fell swoop!

lumberjack
06-01-09, 12:45 AM
[quote=Soundhouse;280578]

No - It's me.
I pressed a wrong button last night! Erased a days work in one fell swoop!

It's working again now , guess you must have spent the day working on it , one query though Den any chance of putting on the prices.
regards
Paul

kitcarman
06-01-09, 03:07 AM
[quote=kitcarman;280583]

It's working again now , guess you must have spent the day working on it , one query though Den any chance of putting on the prices.
regards
Paul

Emmm....
Loads'a work!

So you want prices.... anything else?

kitcarman
06-01-09, 09:53 AM
Just a quick update from my contact in the IVA policy department. Thanks solely to our efforts (my calls and Den’s words of wisdom regarding the plan of attack 8), the external exhaust ruling in the Noise section of IVA draft version 3 has been removed in its entirety.

Nigel sent me the above by email this morning. Another job done! The list gets longer!

johnnyp
06-01-09, 10:20 AM
Really :confused::D, not that i dont believe you but if its true that will be the best piece of news i have had for a long time.

Many thanks for your efforts Den, many thanks indeed, a cobra would not be a cobra without sidepipes.

Miket
06-01-09, 10:31 AM
Excellent news for the industry, well done Den and Nigel. ;) :D :D

Rowly
06-01-09, 10:57 AM
Nigel sent me the above by email this morning. Another job done! The list gets longer!

That's great news, I can now order my sidepipes:D.
Den,
I got some figures for the top damper mount, after speaking to Gaz.
I emailed you the details
Rowland

jgfabs
06-01-09, 12:33 PM
Well done chaps!

kitcarman
06-01-09, 05:14 PM
That's great news, I can now order my sidepipes:D.
Den,
I got some figures for the top damper mount, after speaking to Gaz.
I emailed you the details
Rowland
Hi Rowland,
I've got some news on the damper mounting too!

I'll be raising the upper fixing which will give more 'bump' and less 'droop'. The former will enable the suspension to be lowered and the ball joint to be fitted to the top (rather than the bottom) of the wishbone and still result in greater suspension downward travel. On droop it will prevent the lower balljoint exceeding is limit of travel too.

Your chassis will be one of the first with this alteration.

peterol1
06-01-09, 06:33 PM
Great news on the exhaust ruling Den and Nigel. Thats good news to start 2009...!

Many thanks,
Pete

TINKA
06-01-09, 11:19 PM

Well done Den and Nigel, that is great news good to know that they are listening to people. :shock: :shock:

Rowly
07-01-09, 10:32 AM
Hi Rowland,

I'll be raising the upper fixing which will give more 'bump' and less 'droop'. The former will enable the suspension to be lowered and the ball joint to be fitted to the top (rather than the bottom) of the wishbone and still result in greater suspension downward travel. On droop it will prevent the lower balljoint exceeding is limit of travel too.

Great news Den, Another tick on the list.
I reckon just two things to tweak, which are related.
1. comparison of Sierra/granada knuckle castings(forgings) to make sure that overall height of top & bottom mounts (with the appropriate mushroom), is the same, so that camber gain remains similar on both types. Also, machining/reaming of bottom hole may give rise to variations depending on how it is done.(I know you may have a solution in the pipeline)
2. Bump steer/ rack position
I will measure the bump steer on the Sierra (already modified by lowering rack 10mm). I will also measure it on the unmodified Granada Chassis.
On the Granada, I will try to take 2 sets of measurements, firstly, up & down, secondly, moving the bottom arm fully back & fully forward within the limits of shimming (4mm). I know that a perfect solution may not be possible, but a small element of residual Bump understeer, is more desirable than bump oversteer.
When I get the new Chassis, I will do all the measurements again, so that we have the values to compare. when it is all done, I will post ALL the results on a PDF file, so that all can see, rather than do a series of tedious postings.
By the way, when I have time to enter the data on the "susprog", it should give values for predicted bumpsteer, for a given steering rack position. The good thing is (in theory anyway), that by pressing a couple of buttons, we can "reverse calculate", which gives precise steering rack position for zero bumpsteer (within the limits of other factors, such as tie rod lengths etc).
Rowland

kitcarman
07-01-09, 08:32 PM
Anybody going to the AutoSport show at the NEC over the next few days?

Neil O
07-01-09, 09:48 PM
Why, is it your round Den? :D

kitcarman
07-01-09, 10:44 PM
Why, is it your round Den? :D
Yea: it could be!

Big Thirsty
07-01-09, 10:51 PM

Den you have a PM

Neil O
08-01-09, 06:35 AM
Yea: it could be!
£29 to get in! Jeez, they know how to charge.:(

Willy
08-01-09, 07:37 AM
Don't forget the Speedster parts. :rolleyes:

Willy

alexandervdr
08-01-09, 09:43 AM
Hi Rowland,

Hi,

I am another one of your new and early customers (from Belgium). I read somewhere you need 6 months to include all changes. It for sure inspires confidence that you want to revamp the product to 2009 standards. I hope I get my chassis and mounting parts earlier than that however (unless that would exclude the possibility for having fundamental improvements, let me know) , so I can start building suspension, work on motor and transmission etc. Body parts can wait!

ALexander

Kelly M
08-01-09, 08:27 PM
Hi Rowland,

Den,

How much higher will you be mounting the damper, can we change our mid build cars with pilgrim supplied weld on (bolt on) lugs?

Q1 What is the Transit drag link thread, I have a few welding snots to remove from the internal threads on my new wishbones.
Q2 Which donor cars where fitted with the Lucas 130 Degree wiper cam?

Regards, Kelvin.

kitcarman
08-01-09, 09:38 PM
Hi,

I am another one of your new and early customers (from Belgium). I read somewhere you need 6 months to include all changes. It for sure inspires confidence that you want to revamp the product to 2009 standards. I hope I get my chassis and mounting parts earlier than that however (unless that would exclude the possibility for having fundamental improvements, let me know) , so I can start building suspension, work on motor and transmission etc. Body parts can wait!

ALexander

Actually Alexander,
Your chassis has the revised upper damper mounting too.... (as well as re-aligned rear axle, re-positioned handbrake lever and new upper wishbones). I hope to send it for galvanizing next week. That should mean it's available for Willy to collect before the end of this month.
I will get back to you regarding Cobra magazines too.... sorry about the delay (I've got too much on my plate at the moment - and this show is the last thing I wanted, but I'd booked to attend before Pilgrim went tits-up).

Don't forget the Speedster parts. :rolleyes:

Willy
I’m collecting the material at the show! You can collect it with Alexander’s kit. I'm wanting the Porsche stuff you've got for me too.

kitcarman
08-01-09, 09:45 PM
Den,

How much higher will you be mounting the damper, can we change our mid build cars with pilgrim supplied weld on (bolt on) lugs?

Q1 What is the Transit drag link thread, I have a few welding snots to remove from the internal threads on my new wishbones.
Q2 Which donor cars where fitted with the Lucas 130 Degree wiper cam?

Regards, Kelvin.
Hi Kelvin,
It'll be about 20mm higher, but it won't be retro-fittable I'm afraid. You really don't need to worry about this point though - it's a 'nice' rather than essential change. Ask all the past owners who'll tell you hasn't been the cause of any problem after assembly.
The drag link thread is standard M18.
Don't know about what cams were fitted in what cars. I do know the motor from a BL Mini is fine when used with 32 tooth wheelboxes. I've now got stocks of wiper motors and wheelboxes BTW).

alexandervdr
09-01-09, 09:59 AM
Actually Alexander,
Your chassis has the revised upper damper mounting too.... (as well as re-aligned rear axle, re-positioned handbrake lever and new upper wishbones). I hope to send it for galvanizing next week. That should mean it's available for Willy to collect before the end of this month.
I will get back to you regarding Cobra magazines too.... sorry about the delay (I've got too much on my plate at the moment - and this show is the last thing I wanted, but I'd booked to attend before Pilgrim went tits-up).

Hi Den,

Great. I understand it's been stressful times for you. Sorry for my eagerness to get started, I am sure you (and many other here) know the feeling:D

Good luck at the show

Alexander

kitcarman
17-01-09, 07:22 PM
Hi Folks,
Sorry I haven’t been about much recently…. I’ve been very busy.

steve ferguson
17-01-09, 07:29 PM
Any news on the sidepipe IVA issue?

Steve

kitcarman
17-01-09, 07:41 PM
Any news on the sidepipe IVA issue?

Steve

Yep! There isn't one!

Rowly
17-01-09, 08:54 PM
Hi Folks,
Sorry I haven’t been about much recently…. I’ve been very busy.
Glad to hear from you Den, I know you have loads of stuff to do, so here is some good news.
I took some measurements of Front knuckles, both Sierra & Granny fitted to vehicles set at same ride height.
The steering control arm height dimension, relative to the chassis (& therefore relative to the steering rack height is Exactly the same for Sierra & Granada Knuckles (to within 0.5mm).
I set up the Granada (with original top arms packed fully back, and bottom arms packed fully forward)
I cut the steering rack tubes to 101mm And got very good bumpsteer results
(less than half a mm, at wheel radius of bump understeer).
The castor angle with this set up is about 4.2 deg
if top & bottom arms were packed in mid position the castor would be about 3 degrees.
your "new" top arms give about 5.7deg castor.
which is an increase of 2.7 deg. this increase in "tilt back" will have a small effect of lifting the steering control arms on the front knuckle by 5 or 6mm.
this could explain why Pete & Tony had to pack the rack posts back up to 115mm, after fitting the new top arms.
(steering control arm length 120mm, angle change 3deg = about 6mm))
Absolutely Nothing against your new top arms Den, I havent driven a car with them on, (I cant put them on my Sierra, they would make the wheels touch my Welsh mudflaps) but I got a feeling that 5.7deg castor might make the steering a bit heavy. If you are doing any revisions before blasting away at making loads, Just bear that in mind, maybe try them on a car without mudflaps!!. (I think, midway between the "old" & the "new" would be ideal & maybe 3mm off the outer thread.)
In any event, if they are to be "retrofitted", one must bear in mind the effect on the Bumpsteer, which would have to be measured & the rack re-shimmed.(upwards, 5mm or so, if it had already been modified)

Now we know that the Sierra & Granada knuckle steering control arms are the same height,(relative to the chassis and centre line of wheel), once you have finalised your "new" top arm, we should be able to come up with a consistent figure for the revised rack height, and therefore the answer to the "out of the box" build and the possibility of an easy retrofit.
Rowland

steve ferguson
17-01-09, 09:16 PM
Yep! There isn't one!

GOOD NEWS :D

kitcarman
17-01-09, 10:01 PM
GOOD NEWS :D
You're not kidding Fergie - it made my Christmas!

realyweely
18-01-09, 09:22 AM
which is an increase of 2.7 deg. this increase in "tilt back" will have a small effect of lifting the steering control arms on the front knuckle by 5 or 6mm.
this could explain why Pete & Tony had to pack the rack posts back up to 115mm, after fitting the new top arms.
(steering control arm length 120mm, angle change 3deg = about 6mm))
Absolutely Nothing against your new top arms Den, I havent driven a car with them on, (I cant put them on my Sierra, they would make the wheels touch my Welsh mudflaps) but I got a feeling that 5.7deg castor might make the steering a bit heavy. If you are doing any revisions before blasting away at making loads, Just bear that in mind, maybe try them on a car without mudflaps!!. (I think, midway between the "old" & the "new" would be ideal & maybe 3mm off the outer thread.)
In any event, if they are to be "retrofitted", one must bear in mind the effect on the Bumpsteer, which would have to be measured & the rack re-shimmed.(upwards, 5mm or so, if it had already been modified)

Now we know that the Sierra & Granada knuckle steering control arms are the same height,(relative to the chassis and centre line of wheel), once you have finalised your "new" top arm, we should be able to come up with a consistent figure for the revised rack height, and therefore the answer to the "out of the box" build and the possibility of an easy retrofit.
Rowland

My car is going to Anthony at Absolute Horsepower this Friday so he may be able to give some feedback on the 'driveability' with the new top arms on.

kitcarman
21-01-09, 07:18 PM
My car is going to Anthony at Absolute Horsepower this Friday so he may be able to give some feedback on the 'driveability' with the new top arms on.

Hi Tony,
Sooooo.... how did it drive?

Hi Folks,
Just to let you know, it’s been an awful start to the year for me. I’ve been overloaded with customer enquiries on the one hand – which is good. On the other hand, I’ve been let down by certain suppliers which means I haven’t been able to satisfy as many customers as I would have liked.
Basically, for want of certain materials, I haven’t been able to make as many kits as I'd planned. I shall be able to catch up when the materials do arrive though.
Just to let you know, and just to make matters worse, the factory BT line was disconnected at about 4.30pm today. A mistake on BT’s part which I’m hoping shall be rectified tomorrow.
There is good news as well which I’ll report when I can find some time (which I wish I could buy).

realyweely
22-01-09, 07:47 AM
Anthony is collecting the car this friday (tomorrow) I cant take it over as I made my back worse upside down in the drivers footwell !
Any News on the Vin Plate? would be nice for my SVA??

alexandervdr
22-01-09, 09:31 AM
... which means I haven’t been able to satisfy as many customers as I would have liked.

Hi Den,

Yesterday I got all the back issues of Cobra Magazine (13 of them!) you sent me (and some kitcar mags) , so I'll read those while waiting for my stuff to arrive:) I am not sure whether this will actually help to calm down my appetite though, to the contrary I'm afraid.

Alexander

kitcarman
26-01-09, 02:20 PM
Hi Folks,
Sorry if any of you guys are having difficulty getting through on the ‘phone.
There's an internal battle within BT!
Their 'New Business' people are trying to connect my line (and have done so).

But…. their 'Accounts' people keep disconnecting it on account of Tony’s past bill.

I thought it was sorted last week (I spent nearly a whole day being passed between BT’s various departments)….. but apparently not..... grrhhhh! Hopefully the solution today (if and when it happens) will be final.

So, hopefully, normal service will resume shortly.... Honest!

Also, thought you should all know that various bits of metal arrived late last week which has enabled my Pete to finish some chassis. In fact there should be 5 of them going to galvanisers later this week (if I can arrange their collection without a telephone!!!!)

tonym
27-01-09, 10:33 AM
if I can arrange their collection without a telephone!!!!

Use a mobile you tight old git :mrgreen::mrgreen:

kitcarman
27-01-09, 02:41 PM
Use a mobile you tight old git :mrgreen::mrgreen:

That's what I'm doing!

The damn 'phone will stay disconnected until my new contract is initiated. Aparently the 3 to 5 days I was told when I booked at the beginning of last week was sales 'pie in the sky'. I'm told that BT engineers have to visit first (to swap the existing ISDN lines over to the conventional lines that I've ordered) - and they can't say when that will be. I'm hoping it will be soon!

For the time being, my mobile number is 07778 406383

kitcarman
28-01-09, 05:57 PM
I've spent (wasted) the whole day trying to resolve the telephone line transfer issue.
I dealt first with 'accounts', then with 'new business' and then went to OFFCOM who (having registered my complaint and established that it is bona-fide) put me on to a special department of BT (exclusive to OFFCOM complainants).

I believe I’ve made progress… but am awaiting a return call.

robert
28-01-09, 06:20 PM
Den

We need to discuss these Pilgrim threads, please contact me.

Rob