PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year !!

westborne
05-01-09, 06:38 AM
Well - slap me ! - what a great turn out on Sunday at the Ley arms !!

Despite the cold - 8 Cobs turned out !! - as well as various Tin Tops !!

We even sorted a rough programme for the rest of the year - more news on that later

Stev R had a difficult choice - the Aston or the Cob? - so he turned up in the Saab!

No sign of Ant Chimera or is it Chimania?

And welcome to Chris in his GT40 !!! Nice car - bet it was warm in there - (b*stard)

thanks Stu for the loan of the Camera

Neil O
05-01-09, 08:57 AM
Look at the dodgy parking of that Saab!
He deserves to get driven into, parking like that.:twisted:

westborne
05-01-09, 09:45 AM
yup forgot - red lenses on the floor are a hint !!

also must mention Andy L - dunno why - he just gets upset if we dont !

Noel
05-01-09, 10:19 AM
Who owns LUB (red Sumo). Sure it was a "Kevin" or "Stu" but my memory is beginning to go like Mike's ;) :p

Miket
05-01-09, 10:34 AM
Who owns LUB (red Sumo). Sure it was a "Kevin" or "Stu" but my memory is beginning to go like Mike's ;) :p

MKG is owned by Stu e
LUB is owned by a chap called Henry

Noel
05-01-09, 10:56 AM
Thanks Mike, I told you my mind was going :oops::oops: :D

MarkWilts
05-01-09, 03:44 PM
Thanks, and happy new year back. Good to see so many Cobs used in winter, had to leave early so missed the photo. Still, a 4 hr round trip on a cold January morning is good for me right?
Hope to make the next one but I might fit a thermostat and get the heater working!
Thanks
Mark

stu e
05-01-09, 06:13 PM

Hi Noel
Mine is the red one MKG with only enough volts to get home, as Mike says, Neils car is the blue Crendon without enough petrol in it to get home:mrgreen::mrgreen:.
Stu.

westborne
06-01-09, 06:21 AM
Stu - tell me all - dont tell me Oakers ran out of fuel - he passed me at the Exeter junction

If I'd known - I'd have switched my phone on!!!

Good to see you Mark

And Stu - Alternater problems ?

All that happened to me going through Exeter was that something hit Kaths door and went tinkling off behind the car.

Still havn't fathomed out what it was - all the bits seem to be on the car still !!!

stu e
06-01-09, 06:42 AM
Stu - tell me all - dont tell me Oakers ran out of fuel - he passed me at the Exeter junction

If I'd known - I'd have switched my phone on!!!

Good to see you Mark

And Stu - Alternater problems ?

All that happened to me going through Exeter was that something hit Kaths door and went tinkling off behind the car.

Still havn't fathomed out what it was - all the bits seem to be on the car still !!!

I'm only going by his post about a Crendon stopped on the A30 waiting for his wife with petrol can.
I don't know whats up with mine, the charge light didn't come on and it didn't show any amps being drawn from the battery but the volts got lower on the way home. I've a spare alternator somewhere so may try it.
As for something hitting Kaths door, it wasn't part of the sleeping bag zip was it?
Stu.

stu e
06-01-09, 07:16 AM

Hi Noel
Are you thinking of Dave and Laura (Devonfrogs) Viper?
We followed them to Torquay when you came down last year.
Stu

Neil O
06-01-09, 08:51 AM
I'm only going by his post about a Crendon stopped on the A30 waiting for his wife with petrol can.
I don't know whats up with mine, the charge light didn't come on and it didn't show any amps being drawn from the battery but the volts got lower on the way home. I've a spare alternator somewhere so may try it.
As for something hitting Kaths door, it wasn't part of the sleeping bag zip was it?
Stu.

Thirsty things these big blocks.......:(

Stu, "sleeping bag zip"... now that there is funny.:mrgreen:

Henry Piper
09-01-09, 08:04 PM
Hi Noel
The Red Sumo, is mine, Bought it 5 years ago When I lived in Kent,Since moving down here its been off the road for the last two years due to lack of time and money,Ive only recently got it back on road after having the front suspension rebuilt (nothing disastrous just sloppy build quality by the original owner) and having the cooling system overhauled.
Its quite a "modest " little cob,!! granada based, with Cologne 2.8, but I am enjoying every moment driving it,
Hope to be out and about this coming year meeting more Cobra owners.
Cheers Henry