PDA

View Full Version : Ron Dennis Quits !

Andy S
17-01-09, 08:25 PM
It had to happen sometime I suppose

PistonHeads Headlines (http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=19247)

jgfabs
17-01-09, 08:31 PM
It had to happen sometime I suppose

PistonHeads Headlines (http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=19247)
Might as well go with a world champion in the fold.
Might be good to get some fresh ideas etc.
If only F1 was as exiciting as MotoGP!

Adrian427
17-01-09, 08:38 PM
Thank god for that!! Lets hope his current world champion driver quits as well!!!

andicole0
17-01-09, 09:13 PM
Thank god for that!! Lets hope his current world champion driver quits as well!!!

Why?

Andi.

steve ferguson
17-01-09, 09:19 PM

Again, Why?

TINKA
17-01-09, 09:21 PM

What are you on about ?

pete knighton
17-01-09, 09:30 PM
why?????? he must be brazilian that`s why

Clarkson
17-01-09, 09:41 PM
I like him, seams a nice chap.:confused:

steve ferguson
17-01-09, 09:44 PM
could be Max Mosley in disguise, ? again!

Adrian427
17-01-09, 10:34 PM
I just think that anyone who takes his world title and f88ks off with it and his money to foregin shores is a tosser!! And he really won by default as the lastest news tell us from Berine E
just my 2 cents

andicole0
17-01-09, 10:39 PM
I just think that anyone who takes his world title and f88ks off with it and his money to foregin shores is a tosser!! And he really won by default as the lastest news tell us from Berine E
just my 2 cents

It's not as if he's the only one that has done that, and if we want people like him to stay maybe we should elect a sutable government that will support his like.

"Won by default" what rubbish! the last few seasons have been ridden with pro Ferrari rule changes and interpretations. Lewis was defenitely unfairly docked points making his success all the more great.

Andi.

BTW Anyone else seen Bernie in the latest Toyota ad?

TINKA
17-01-09, 10:58 PM
just my 2 cents

What news is that :confused: and I think you will find a few other drivers that have done the same thing, I do agree though it does seam a bit off :(

steve ferguson
17-01-09, 11:31 PM
Would you stay here and prop up Gormless Gordon, I'd be off like a shot.....

jeff
18-01-09, 12:24 AM
who are the F1 drivers that live in the UK

FatBoy
18-01-09, 10:32 AM
just my 2 cents

SHAME ON YOU!! :mad:

This is so bl00dy typical and symptomatic of what is wrong with this country. rather than applauding someone who has done well, people resent it because it they aren't benefiting from it.
Like most people on here I suspect, I pay more than my fair share of tax and whilst I'm very proud to be British and what it generally stands for, if I didn't have a business here to run, I would be looking to move abroad as well.
What is there to keep Lewis here. There is a public that resents his success and continually looks to undermine what he has done. Did the public support him or invest in him while he was struggling up through the ranks? No. How many people had even heard of him before he entered F1?
I'm sorry, but this jealousy driven resentment really gets my back up.

Paul

Miket
18-01-09, 11:11 AM

This is so bl00dy typical and symptomatic of what is wrong with this country. rather than applauding someone who has done well, people resent it because it they aren't benefiting from it.
Like most people on here I suspect, I pay more than my fair share of tax and whilst I'm very proud to be British and what it generally stands for, if I didn't have a business here to run, I would be looking to move abroad as well.
What is there to keep Lewis here. There is a public that resents his success and continually looks to undermine what he has done. Did the public support him or invest in him while he was struggling up through the ranks? No. How many people had even heard of him before he entered F1?

Paul

Well said Paul, I totally agree, I kept out of this in the early stages as I was fuming by some of the comments. :(

Big A
18-01-09, 11:24 AM

Paul

Well said that man

Regards Alan

dolphinboy400
18-01-09, 11:41 AM

Paul

agree totally.

but i thought this was about ron dennis, not lewis ;)

andicole0
18-01-09, 12:26 PM
agree totally.

but i thought this was about ron dennis, not lewis ;)

I think that maybe is the problem, why raise issues with Lewis when it's only Ron who's just handing over day to day running his F1 'troop'. He is still at the top of Mclaren.

If Mclaren hadn't been around, F1 would have been boring (more boring or even totally boring).

Andi.

realyweely
18-01-09, 02:59 PM
just my 2 cents

What an A*rse !
Of course, if you earned whopping wages and found that our wonderfull government nicked around 75% of it you would simply bend over and give it to them? OF COURSE YOU WOULD !! hahahahahahahaha
How many other big wage earners stay in this country???
I suppose you'd rather live in Hemel hempstead than a terrible apartment in Switzerland????? Yes ???

Lewis won the championship farely and squarely, unlike Shumaker who bullied, intimidated and cheated to get most of his points, not to mention his attempted murder of Damon Hill in the final race of one season?

Ron Dennis said in an interview with Martin Brundle that last year would probably be his last, so it isnt entirely breaking news.

Some people P**s me off
(slams the phone down)

andicole0
18-01-09, 03:06 PM
What an A*rse !
Of course, if you earned whopping wages and found that our wonderfull government nicked around 75% of it you would simply bend over and give it to them? OF COURSE YOU WOULD !! hahahahahahahaha
How many other big wage earners stay in this country???
I suppose you'd rather live in Hemel hempstead than a terrible apartment in Switzerland????? Yes ???

Lewis won the championship farely and squarely, unlike Shumaker who bullied, intimidated and cheated to get most of his points, not to mention his attempted murder of Damon Hill in the final race of one season?

Ron Dennis said in an interview with Martin Brundle that last year would probably be his last, so it isnt entirely breaking news.

Some people P**s me off
(slams the phone down)

Well said that man :cool:

Andi.

jgfabs
18-01-09, 04:53 PM
Well said that man :cool:

Andi.
I think i,d leave these shores too if im honest if I had his wealth etc.
What,s to stay for???

Neil O
18-01-09, 06:06 PM
It might be worth noting that Lewis Hamilton will still be paying tax in this country despite living abroad.
Just not as much as he would if he lived here.

Get rid of the upper tax rate and see how many of these high earners come back here. Overall the Government would get more income, I reckon.