PDA

View Full Version : Regular meets?

CobraBoy
22-01-09, 04:36 PM
Are there any regular club meets in Hertfordshire, Essex, north London, Buckinghamshire or anywhere near-ish Welwyn Garden City? I feel like a lonely Cobra-phile at present and want to be sociable... :(

:D

Paul :cool:

viperman
01-02-09, 05:43 PM
Hi CobraBoy

Meets are generally held first Sunday of the month at the Halfway House pub on the A127. You can get more info at www.snaketorque.co.uk (http://www.snaketorque.co.uk) - Bilko is the guy who runs the Herts/Essex etc club. I live in Buntingford and there are a few Cobras here who go to the meets.:p

CobraBoy
09-02-09, 11:31 AM
Thank you, viperman. :) That is not far from where I live. I shall see about getting along to some meets at some point.

Paul 8)

steve_ram
09-02-09, 12:57 PM
I have seen a couple of cobs + some 60's mustangs in pup car park in Hertford Heath. I own a ram,willing to meet up for a run out on a Sunday for a few hours.
steve

CobraBoy
10-02-09, 10:45 AM
I've been to the Hertford Heath meet a few times. I started going when I was still at school! Of course, I can barely remember that far back... :rolleyes:

I'd be up for that. I don't own a Cobra yet but wouldn't mind a closer look at your cars! When it's fixed (I rolled it last year), I may well turn up in my Hillman Imp sprint/ hillclimb car... ;)

Paul 8)

CobraBoy
10-02-09, 10:47 AM
I can't seem to edit my posts... :confused:

The Goat pub, Hertford Heath meet is the first Sunday of each month. There is usually a good turn out but most seem to leave at about lunch time!

Paul 8)

viperman
15-02-09, 04:24 PM
Have been to the Goat and found it a bit 'snooty'. Usually get a few Cobra originals there (real 60's originals plus Mark IV's). Another first Sunday of the month meet is at the George IV pub in Baldock. Its a real mix of cars - Westfield's, Luego, Dax Rush and Cobra - fairly informal but a good crowd.:D

CobraBoy
15-02-09, 09:21 PM
Got to be worth a look! Nice one, viperman! :)
Paul :cool:

AC427
25-02-09, 11:50 AM
I've been to the Hertford Heath meet a few times. I started going when I was still at school! Of course, I can barely remember that far back... :rolleyes:

I'd be up for that. I don't own a Cobra yet but wouldn't mind a closer look at your cars! When it's fixed (I rolled it last year), I may well turn up in my Hillman Imp sprint/ hillclimb car... ;)

Paul 8)

I have been going for years too. Blimey while you were at school! I always what the gash would be like from Hailngbury College.

i used to turn up in my dad's cavalier and park it well away and wonder round with camera!

Have been to the Goat and found it a bit 'snooty'. Usually get a few Cobra originals there (real 60's originals plus Mark IV's). Another first Sunday of the month meet is at the George IV pub in Baldock. Its a real mix of cars - Westfield's, Luego, Dax Rush and Cobra - fairly informal but a good crowd.:D

I have never found it snooty. i guess you may get the odd ponce with an expensive car who thinks he's better than everyone else though.

Rod Leach, the bloke who started the gathering and former owner of the legendary COB1 is a really nice guy

AC427
25-02-09, 11:57 AM
What is a Luego? not some sort of dance i trust :o

CobraBoy
25-02-09, 07:59 PM
I wasn't at school anywhere near Hertford Heath! Haileybury... er, not quite, old chap! ;)

Paul 8)

AC427
05-03-09, 01:50 PM
No public school gash for you then!

Did you go to Hertford Heath on Sunday the 1st?

CobraBoy
05-03-09, 03:48 PM
I was not there on Sunday. Did you get along? Was it a reasonable meet? Any photos?

Paul 8)

robinreade
16-03-09, 02:33 PM
I'm in Watford and went to the TVM meet yesterday, good bunch of petrol heads,it was a bit of a drive but hey its a cobra.

If you want to meet up I always try to go anywhere via the Hatfield tunnel best noise locally.
I met the owner of the A127 Dinner last week and that seems to be a good venue.

RR

CobraBoy
18-03-09, 10:48 AM
Robin,

What is "the TVM meet?" And where?

I am about a mile and a bit from the Hatfield Tunnel! :eek: Maybe I have even heard your Cobra in the distance!

Paul 8)

viperman
19-03-09, 10:50 PM
I'm about 20 miles from the tunnel - but its a great soundtrack when you go through it!!!!!:p

robinreade
20-03-09, 07:09 PM
the TVM is the thames Valley Meet

Anyone going for a drive in the morning
I was going to go to the 127 Diner on the A127 for breakfast from Watford

2 Great tunnels and some good lanes on the way

AC427
13-05-09, 05:57 PM
There a regular meet at Halfway House on the A127 near the Brentwood A128 turn off every 1st Sunday in the month from about 12 onwards

Unfortunately on the same day as the Goat pub meet in Hertford Heath. This meet is not Cobra only but the guy who started is used to own COB1 a Royal flush i think you'll agree.

happie33
02-06-19, 08:36 PM
thread update.... Bilko has since moved "up north" and the Cobra Monthly meet has now moved to a new venue... the "snake torque" group has long vanished and we are now known as the Essex gas Guzzlers.... FB too as Essex Gas Guzzlers...

We still do our yearly European Road trips.... Angouleme Classic this year in September... Some have just come back from SPA and did the track too.... Last year we did Le Mans Classic and drove the track, and the yer before, Nurburgring...
Always at car shows -- and today at Speedfest.. great day out...

Calling all petrol heads.. come along to our Monthly Meet

Where : White Elms Garden Centre, White Elm Road, Danbury, Bicknacre, Chelmsford, CM3 4LR ...... from MIDDAY

A mixed bag of cars ranging from Bentley > Chargers > Cobras > Mustangs > Ultima > Sporty Sub's > all sorts are welcome !!!

We meet the first Sunday in every month throughout the year....

Next one is Sunday 7th July

See you there !!