PDA

View Full Version : Beware Of Fastco!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

v8 capri
01-02-09, 12:19 PM
hi all... as some of you well know, i bought a 383 chevy engine from FASTCO! it never ran right from day one. to cut a VERY LONG story short... it failed!!! i gave it to a company who i have been dealing with for 10 years now to investigate and here is an email from them with their findings. i can only upload 5 pics, so have posted the rest on next thread.
i have a lot more pics etc to prove that DR DICK @ FASTCO is to put it mildley a cowboy!! if anyone wants anymore info, i would be glad to post.. i also have a build portfolio with pics, and to be honest it ISNT OF MY ENGINE!! do's he just have one set of photos that he sends out to everyone??... you decide:twisted:

below is email..
cheers
tony

Hi Tony,

Engine all in bits now and here's what we have so far.

First up is a big lie from the states - Spec sheet categorically states that block is a four bolt main cap type - pics in folder show this type of block.
This refers to the number of bolts holding each main crank bearing cap down. 4 is stronger than 2. Engine you have is a 2 bolt type - pic 1 shows a 2 bolt main cap from your engine.

Next up the low oil pressure. This engine has main bearing failure. Pic 2 shows a scored up main journal on the crank and pic 3 shows a trashed main bearing shell.
This will mean a crankshaft grind and new bearings.

Crank is an Eagle stroker, but markings don't help me identify it as internal or external balance for certain - something we need to be 100% with on reassembly.

Pistons are all OK and are the Keith Black type promised. Conrods are all good items. Rings should be reusable too. Oil pump is the promised Melling Hi-vol type - I'll strip it to make sure it is not shot.

Pics 4 and 5 show big end bearing and big end journal on crank -which while they have not failed, are marked where dirt has been round them.

Pic 6 shows scratches on piston skirt from dirt - not harmful once we have cleaned it all.

Pic 7 is interesting - it shows a big end bearing crank journal, with some tiny dent marks on the surface. These can only be caused during assembly, not during running. Something has knocked against the surface - probably the conrod, whilst it was being fitted !

All this suggests lack of care when building.

Last up is camshaft - it has failed (several lobes have failed). Pic 8 shows a lobe that is still in correct shape, with a bit of a point and pic 9 shows a much rounded lobe where it is wearing down.
The cam has no markings on it to identify it - I am quite surprised by this, so I don't know if it is a genuine Isky cam, or a cheap copy. I have measured the lift, and allowing for the high ratio rockers, the lift is of the spec Daryl has stated. New cam and lifters and rockers are required.

My opinion is that (knowing this engine had low oil pressure from the moment it was run) this engine had these problems before it was shipped.

Cheers for now

Clive

v8 capri
01-02-09, 12:22 PM
here are the remaining 4 pics from above thread!!

cheers
tony

Clarkson
01-02-09, 12:29 PM
Is this the same engine with the poor intake and head porting??

v8 capri
01-02-09, 12:31 PM
hi, yes it is... i cant find the pic of the "PORTING" issue!! maybe someone on here might still have it??? if so please post:twisted:
cheers
tony

TINKA
01-02-09, 12:35 PM
What a cowboy I wonder how he will manage to tell you that this is all your own fault :shock: you must of revved it to 24,000rpm :twisted: Will he have the balls to comment on this one :confused: are you going to post on the dark side as well :confused: the more who see the better :D

craggle
01-02-09, 12:35 PM
That is a fairly knackered engine!:(

How many miles did it manage?

Craig.

Clarkson
01-02-09, 12:37 PM
hi, yes it is... i cant find the pic of the "PORTING" issue!! maybe someone on here might still have it??? if so please post:twisted:
cheers
tony

I think purple ak has some! And the failed ign issues.:twisted:

Purple AK
01-02-09, 12:40 PM
cheers
tony
You called :rolleyes:.......

v8 capri
01-02-09, 12:42 PM
What a cowboy I wonder how he will manage to tell you that this is all your own fault :shock: you must of revved it to 24,000rpm :twisted: Will he have the balls to comment on this one :confused: are you going to post on the dark side as well :confused: the more who see the better :D

hi, oh yes....he's already blamed it on me and everyone else who has even looked at it saying that "someone must have done something to it". not very good at this computer stuff so if someone would like to post a link on the darkside, i think the unsuspecting public would be very grateful!!!
cheers
tony

TINKA
01-02-09, 12:44 PM

You must be joking he actually shipped an engine with the ports showing like that :confused:

v8 capri
01-02-09, 12:44 PM
That is a fairly knackered engine!:(

How many miles did it manage?

Craig.

hi craig, it had only covered approx 2500 miles.. god only knows how it even managed that much!!

v8 capri
01-02-09, 12:46 PM

WHY THANK YOU SIR

craggle
01-02-09, 12:47 PM
Ok, If you had of said 250K miles then would have said it had a fair life but 2500 was not exactly a good run,:(

Like you said though, Surprised it managed that much.

Wonder if was the cam shaft being destroyed that caused the bearing failure?

Craig.

Purple AK
01-02-09, 12:47 PM
You must be joking he actually shipped an engine with the ports showing like that :confused: Oh Yes. In fact he claimed it ran perfectly on the Dyno as well :rolleyes:

v8 capri
01-02-09, 12:48 PM
You must be joking he actually shipped an engine with the ports showing like that :confused:

OH YES.....and to make matters worse.... he told me that he has put them on another engine, which is over here SOMEWHERE!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?:twisted::mad:

Clarkson
01-02-09, 12:50 PM
Dirty fcuking LASH!!:twisted::twisted:

That never got dyno'd!

craggle
01-02-09, 12:51 PM
Before you go ahead with re-grinding the crank check the cost against a new one.
Might be cheaper and easier to just start again.

Cranks (http://www.roadcraftuk.co.uk/index.asp?productID=EAG103503750&display=thumbs&Col_Category=Engine+Components&Col_SubCategory=Crankshafts&Col_SubSubCategory=Chevrolet)

Craig.

v8 capri
01-02-09, 12:53 PM
Oh Yes. In fact he claimed it ran perfectly on the Dyno as well :rolleyes:

OH, and on the subject of dynos.... the pic of my engine on the dyno he sent, is "NOT" my engine!!

v8 capri
01-02-09, 12:56 PM
Before you go ahead with re-grinding the crank check the cost against a new one.

Cranks (http://www.roadcraftuk.co.uk/index.asp?productID=EAG103503750&display=thumbs&Col_Category=Engine+Components&Col_SubCategory=Crankshafts&Col_SubSubCategory=Chevrolet)

Craig.

hi craig.... its been rebuilt already with NEW crank!!

TINKA
01-02-09, 12:56 PM

Craig.

Was going to say that there would be an extra cost to get it balanced :shock: but based on previous experience that would be advisable to get done again regardless. What a total T55ER

craggle
01-02-09, 01:07 PM
OK, Didn't realise it was back together again. Was the oil pump trashed too?

Craig.

v8 capri
01-02-09, 01:09 PM
thankfully not.... it was stripped and cleaned with no probs..

cheers
tony

wilf
01-02-09, 02:32 PM
I do SO hope that the good Dr thingy shows up at Stoneleigh again.........

V8 BJC
01-02-09, 03:22 PM
Hang on a minute.

That could be 2500 miles flat out up and down the Mulsanne straght 7000rpm in 3rd gear.
How long ago was the engine shipped, 4 years probably.
It looks like you have been scoring those bearings and pistons witha sharp object.
Clearly, those ports have been removed and attacked with an angle grinder.
If you left well alone, that motor would be running sweetly now.
There are thousands of happy customers with this spec.
Clearly you have done all this to try and drum up bizz

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

v8 capri
01-02-09, 03:57 PM
LMAO:-D SORRY, I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT ITS ONLY A "ENTRY LEVEL" ONE,AND CAN ONLY BE USED FOR DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY!! NO B/S HERE!!:rolleyes:

V8 BJC
01-02-09, 04:08 PM
F ailed
A utomotive
S hite
T erminates
C ars
O ften

Lloyd Barnes
01-02-09, 04:34 PM
thankfully not.... it was stripped and cleaned with no probs..

cheers
tony

what has he said about the 2 bolt mains? If you bought a 4 bolt block (for which there is a premium) then he's lied to you about something that not even he can't deny?? Can he???! :shock:

RAM427Cobra
01-02-09, 04:40 PM
Dr Dee has just posted this on Snaketorque :-

"Right Tony........as we know there are ALWAYS 2 sides to a story.... and i WILL post mine....
Regards Dr.Dee"

Cant wait for this one!
Alan

Clarkson
01-02-09, 04:47 PM
The 4 bolt blocks are only supplied on his top of the range balanced B/S race motors!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Purple AK
01-02-09, 04:50 PM
Dr Dee has just posted this on Snaketorque :-

"Right Tony........as we know there are ALWAYS 2 sides to a story.... and i WILL post mine....
Regards Dr.Dee"

Cant wait for this one!
Alan
Me neither :mrgreen:

Clarkson
01-02-09, 04:52 PM
Me neither :mrgreen:

Me too!:D:D:D

v8 capri
01-02-09, 05:03 PM
what has he said about the 2 bolt mains? If you bought a 4 bolt block (for which there is a premium) then he's lied to you about something that not even he can't deny?? Can he???! :shock:

HI... he didnt deny it, but came out with B/S about doing me a favour:confused: saying that he studded it with arp bolts to make it stronger than a 4 bolt!!!!! not the point dr dick....... i PAID for a 4 bolt and he LIED!! WHY didnt he tell me he had given me a 2 bolt instead of a 4 bolt?? because he's a B/S ERR!!! WHY send me a pic of 4 bolt in my portfolio?? because he's a B/S ING COWBOY!!! PIC BELOW OF HIS BLATANT LIES

v8 capri
01-02-09, 05:14 PM
tosser too scared to do battle over here so please come over to see
BEWARE OF FASTCO!!! (http://snaketorque.co.uk/index.php?topic=3156.0)

Clarkson
01-02-09, 05:16 PM
Looking forward to see him talking his way out of this!!

Why did he not make a statement on snaketorque when he was logged on?? I guess he has to contact Mr Smith first!

craggle
01-02-09, 05:47 PM
This should be good, I was wondering what to do tonight!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

So where are the Fastco rocker covers at the moment? Still in use?:rolleyes:

Craig.

383 stroker
01-02-09, 05:49 PM
Is it my eyes or has the size (hieght) of the air filter changed between the 2 photos?:confused:

v8 capri
01-02-09, 05:54 PM

Craig.

LOL!!!! MY NAN IS CURRENTLEY USING ONE AS A BED PAN, BUT STILL HAVE TO FIND A USE FOR THE OTHER ONE... ANY IDEAS:confused::confused:

383 stroker
01-02-09, 05:57 PM
You could use it as a horse trough for a small shetland pony!

route66
01-02-09, 06:12 PM
LOL!!!! MY NAN IS CURRENTLEY USING ONE AS A BED PAN, BUT STILL HAVE TO FIND A USE FOR THE OTHER ONE... ANY IDEAS:confused::confused:

Put a few bedding plants in it - it would make a decent window box :rolleyes:

383 stroker
01-02-09, 06:16 PM
Maybe i am being a bit thick but shouldn't the toothed side of the belts be on the inside not on the outside of the pulleys or have i got mine the wrong way round?:confused:

robert
01-02-09, 06:22 PM
The writing on those two engines are different, in one the N is below the bolt hole, in the other, its the O.

There is something definitely fishy. Unless they got rubbed off during the dyno. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yeah right, pull the other one, lets line up more lies!!!

Images attached for reference before they go missing.....

dave
01-02-09, 06:23 PM
Maybe i am being a bit thick but shouldn't the toothed side of the belts be on the inside not on the outside of the pulleys or have i got mine the wrong way round?:confused:

Nah, the belt's fine. Just a different type that you have probably seen before.;)

383 stroker
01-02-09, 06:25 PM
Thanks Dave, all my toothed belts previously have been tooth side down in my 67 and 73 mustangs.

v8 capri
01-02-09, 06:34 PM
The writing on those two engines are different, in one the N is below the bolt hole, in the other, its the O.

There is something definitely fishy. Unless they got rubbed off during the dyno. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MORE PICS TO PONDER ON.. NOTICE THE DIFFERENT INTAKE AND BREATHER/FILLER ON DIFFERENT SIDES????

Purple AK
01-02-09, 06:57 PM

Heres the 406ci TKO600 version!Fastco Auto USA Chevy 406cid & TKO 600 trans to UK pictures from motor sports photos on webshots (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2756650270087216316KXuBxV)
Strange how even the red lines in the crate line up :rolleyes:

Clarkson
01-02-09, 07:11 PM
Heres the 406ci TKO600 version!Fastco Auto USA Chevy 406cid & TKO 600 trans to UK pictures from motor sports photos on webshots (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2756650270087216316KXuBxV)
Strange how even the red lines in the crate line up :rolleyes:

So tonys engine is a 406ci??:confused::confused:

Purple AK
01-02-09, 07:47 PM
So tonys engine is a 406ci??:confused::confused:
No Just a generic picture of a Chevy!

v8 capri
01-02-09, 07:52 PM
can someone please tell me..... do's 7616 always log on and off without fighting his corner????:twisted:

robert
01-02-09, 07:54 PM
No Just a generic picture of a Chevy!

Are you sure its even a chevy?

Miket
01-02-09, 08:09 PM
I like this quote from Dr Dick, why should you pack everthing in a crate, when it's not been dyno'd. :confused: :confused: :confused:

"Tonys engine & TKO trans in crate... POWER STERRING PUMP NOT LOADED ON ENGINE FOR DYNO TEST:"

hairysanta
01-02-09, 08:09 PM
Hi Guys,
Have a good look at the handwriting, especially the UK

They are totally different

they are 2 different engines without a shadow of doubt, both marked up the same

Surely this has to be fraud even if it is over the puddle

Pete

dave
01-02-09, 09:48 PM
It's the same engine, the writing must have been cleaned off and then put back on again for some reason.
Ge gasket sealer is oozing out from under the inlet manifold in the exact same way.;)

Purple AK
01-02-09, 09:50 PM
It would seem that anyone with a Valid Opinion/Evidence is not welcome to air it on Snake Torque!! I did think that just maybe they had seen the light! But it appears not!
Come on Harry - did you buy the engine? No! to be fair everything you know about that engine is what Tony's relayed to you - it's up to Tony to post any issues he has mate - not you
I leave you to your own conclusions!

robert
01-02-09, 09:53 PM
It would seem that anyone with a Valid Opinion/Evidence is not welcome to air it on Snake Torque!! I did think that just maybe they had seen the light! But it appears not!
Come on Harry - did you buy the engine? No! to be fair everything you know about that engine is what Tony's relayed to you - it's up to Tony to post any issues he has mate - not you
I leave you to your own conclusions!

I think Daves followup says it all really.

Purple AK
01-02-09, 10:02 PM
I think Daves followup says it all really.
Indeed.:( :mrgreen:

march717
01-02-09, 10:13 PM
In the last 2 years or so ive had 3 fastco engines at my place which came in for dyno testing
all of them started with a crank grind and line hone plus variuos repairs and rectifications to poor quality parts/workmanship
the bearings in v8capri's motor come as no surprise as ive seen 3 sets like that before
the good thing to come from all this is it can only help to support the business and reputation of the american v8 engine builders in this country as i am sure none of us would turn out crap like that in the first place and if there were problems would stand on and sort it out even if it was after 4 years
it may cost a little bit more money to have an engine built in this country but atleast you would get an honest and fair outcome if things did go wrong

tim adams

jgfabs
01-02-09, 10:16 PM
In the last 2 years or so ive had 3 fastco engines at my place which came in for dyno testing
all of them started with a crank grind and line hone plus variuos repairs and rectifications to poor quality parts/workmanship
the bearings in v8capri's motor come as no surprise as ive seen 3 sets like that before
the good thing to come from all this is it can only help to support the business and reputation of the american v8 engine builders in this country as i am sure none of us would turn out crap like that in the first place and if there were problems would stand on and sort it out even if it was after 4 years
it may cost a little bit more money to have an engine built in this country but atleast you would get an honest and fair outcome if things did go wrong

tim adams
If Dr Dee was a roman ,he should do the decent thing and fall on his sword!!!

slogger
01-02-09, 10:45 PM
If you meet him he wouldn't have too!:twisted:

mcartney
01-02-09, 11:23 PM
I have read the recent posts concerning Fasto engines. This latest post worries me. The evidence is undeniable. My engine has done only 380 miles . No problems so far. Do I wait until it shows signs of problems or take it to Mike Huddart or another qualified UK engine builder for an assessment. I have avoided commenting until now, as I was not convinced of evidence and arguments given in previous discussions.

Regards Ian.

wilf
02-02-09, 06:30 AM
Ian - probably best to bite the bullet now, whatever emerges you will end up with a better performing and reliable engine. And let's face it, will you ever be happy about walloping the noise pedal if you don't?

Sorry.

v8 capri
02-02-09, 07:01 AM
Still No Reply From

Clarkson
02-02-09, 07:02 AM
I'm lost on this one, why are there so many different pic's of engines with Tony written on them????:confused::confused:

v8 capri
02-02-09, 07:13 AM
Ditto!!!! :(

Purple AK
02-02-09, 07:25 AM
I'm lost on this one, why are there so many different pic's of engines with Tony written on them????:confused::confused:
He's obviously confused :rolleyes: He clearly states on that post that Tonys engine was supplied with an External Balanced crank. However the pictures that Tony posted show an Internal Balanced one :confused: :mrgreen:

v8 capri
02-02-09, 08:00 AM
morning all!!

confused is an understatement.. when i first contacted dr dick about vibrating issues, he told me that we hadnt put the "balancing plate on the RIGHT way":confused: "balance plate" i said!! "it didnt come with one daryl":confused:

oh, he said! "you must have lost it, it was with all the eagle balance papers, dyno graph,important paperwork etc etc in a zip folder stapled to the inside of the crate"

"NO DARYL" i said, "it wasnt there":confused:
anyway after a load of B/S, he sent one over at MY cost!!!
fitted it and HEY PRESTO...... made it worse!!:confused:

now we were really CONFUSED:confused: "DARYL.. ITS WORSE WITH IT ON" "you must have it on the wrong way round", he said!, "FCUK OFF DARYL, WE AINT FCUKING STUPID!!" i said....

now comes dr dicks answer of all answers.......

"OH.... IT MUST BE AN INTERNALLY BALANCED ENGINE!!"

"I THOUGHT YOU BUILT THESE ENGINES??" i said... "of course i do" he says!!

SO HOW CAN AN "ENGINE BUILDER" NOT KNOW IF AN ENGINE HE HAS "SUPPOSEDLY" BUILT, BE AN INTERNAL OR EXTERNALLY BALANCED ENGINE:confused::confused:

"OH, I REMEMBER NOW, WE DID BUILD A FEW WITH INT BALANCE" he said!! "YOURS MUST HAVE BEEN ONE OF THEM!!"

FCUK OFF!!!!

v8 capri
03-02-09, 08:21 PM
1st photo is what dr dick claims to be my dyno... and pic 2 is what he sent me in my portfolio... something not quite right wouldnt you say??

wilf
03-02-09, 08:28 PM
Oh come on - a simple mistake, anyone could make it. :mrgreen:

I see your thread is getting edited by the Dee apologists over there. :rolleyes:

Purple AK
03-02-09, 08:33 PM
Bearing in mind it is American dating is that 07th January 2008?
:mrgreen:

craggle
03-02-09, 08:39 PM
It did well to get those figures with a big hole in one intake!:rolleyes:

Purple AK
03-02-09, 08:42 PM

I see your thread is getting edited by the Dee apologists over there. :rolleyes:
Like he couldn't remember whether Tony's engine was Internal or External balanced! Despite........
"Tonys engine order spec: Chevy 383cid 400 BHP.... street use performance engine with EAGLE EXTERNALLY balanced crank assembly"
And it was ...........Internal :rolleyes:

Clarkson
03-02-09, 08:47 PM
Summary as I see it.

usual shagged cam/ bearings and crank shaft,etc
badly ported heads and intake manifold
said engine block, 4 bolt but actualy 2 bolt mains!
supplied build up pic's to comfirm this!
Supplied engine pic's not the same as engine supplied.
Tony's engine pics are all the same as other customer pic's
Supplied Dyno sheet not the same as Dr Deaths copy.
Engine running issues claimed to be dyno'd as above with intake.
Failed Ign system!

v8 capri
03-02-09, 08:51 PM
sorry about the quality of dyno pics:(

cobracol
03-02-09, 08:56 PM
Just like to add that i to was properly stitched up by buying an engine from Fastco via Smax and sounds similar to stories above, but managed to salvage the block which was the only decent bit of the engine left after stripping it down to see what was wrong, though even this turned out to be a two bolt rather than the four bolt that i had paid for! hope this is enough of a warning to any other potential customers!. However thanks to some great freinds and EDA (Kenny Coleman) And a shedload more money, now have a great engine!

v8 capri
03-02-09, 08:58 PM
Summary as I see it.

Failed Ign system!

not forgeting shit clutch which lasted approx 200 miles! and starter motor failure!:twisted:

cobracol
03-02-09, 08:58 PM
Just like to add that i to was properly stitched up by buying an engine from Fastco via Smax and sounds similar to stories above, but managed to salvage the block which was the only decent bit of the engine left after stripping it down to see what was wrong, though even this turned out to be a two bolt rather than the four bolt that i had paid for! hope this is enough of a warning to any other potential customers!. However thanks to some great freinds and EDA (Kenny Coleman) And a shedload more money, now have a great engine!

Clarkson
03-02-09, 09:03 PM
Summary as I see it.

Failed Ign system!
Failed clutch.
Starter motor failer

Update.:(:(:(

rocketmut
03-02-09, 09:17 PM
not forgeting shit clutch which lasted approx 200 miles! and starter motor failure!:twisted:

Nice to see your taking it well.;)

v8 capri
03-02-09, 09:23 PM
Nice to see your taking it well.;)

stonleigh!!!:twisted:

Clarkson
03-02-09, 09:28 PM

I don't think he will be there this year!! LOL.

rocketmut
03-02-09, 09:28 PM

Sod Stonliegh, If I were you I'd be waiting at HEATHROW.:twisted:

robert
03-02-09, 09:29 PM

Well, DR Dee is an advertiser over there.......

v8 capri
03-02-09, 09:32 PM

too many cameras!!:mad:

Purple AK
03-02-09, 09:35 PM
There could be a queue :rolleyes:

rocketmut
03-02-09, 09:36 PM
too many cameras!!:mad:

That's ok a Burka hides a baseball bat very well...they would blame it on AlQuida.:p

Purple AK
03-02-09, 09:37 PM
Well, DR Dee is an advertiser over there.......Would you "sell your soul" for 50!! No need to reply ;) :mrgreen:

v8 capri
03-02-09, 09:40 PM
That's ok a Burka hides a baseball bat very well...they would blame it on AlQuida.:p

LOL!! sounds good...... but i prefer the scored crank up the arse approach myself:twisted:

rocketmut
03-02-09, 09:58 PM
LOL!! sounds good...... but i prefer the scored crank up the arse approach myself:twisted:

LOL, well one thing is for sure, his business in the UK Cobra market has suffered far more damage than than your engine.;) Reputation in business takes a long time to acheive and a good businessman will do all he can to protect it especially if he's at fault. Can't understand a man who wouldn't.
Not much consolation, but it seems like the cowboy just shot himself in both feet to me.

wilf
04-02-09, 07:07 AM
Steve - if you are a bad'un and know you are rumbled, then all you can do is a: bluster, and b: when that gets rejected, find another market.

I think that what we have to do is ensure that anyone building other types of V8-engined cars also get the message that has emerged here. Brothers in petrol and all that.

The fact that now not one, but two respected UK builders have openly stated the problems they have seen with these engines rather tops it all. Yes, they are competitors, but also people with good reputations and lots of happy customers, who stand by their work.

Even the best engine builders will occasionally have problems - after all they are not in control of their product once it leaves their workshops, but their reaction to those problems says it all.

rocketmut
04-02-09, 08:19 AM
My sentiments exactly Wilf, the more people who know of these 'John Waynes' the better, just a note to anyone thinking of buying an engine from across the pond, look carefully at what you get for your money. When I was looking for my engine I compared everything from spec to total cost (inc duty) and found that I got the clutch assembly and bellhousing included from Mike Huddart at a cheaper price than any of the american builders who did not include the same. I also got after sales service in this country. Not knocking any of the reputable builders from across the way, or teaching anybody to suck egg's but from my experience buying the engine in the uk was a no-brainer.

Stevednorris
04-02-09, 08:37 AM
My sentiments exactly Wilf, the more people who know of these 'John Waynes' the better, just a note to anyone thinking of buying an engine from across the pond, look carefully at what you get for your money. When I was looking for my engine I compared everything from spec to total cost (inc duty) and found that I got the clutch assembly and bellhousing included from Mike Huddart at a cheaper price than any of the american builders who did not include the same. I also got after sales service in this country. Not knocking any of the reputable builders from across the way, or teaching anybody to suck egg's but from my experience buying the engine in the uk was a no-brainer.
Steve, Wilf,

Totally agree, I was looking at buying from across the pond, luckily the exchange rates dropped just at the right time, otherwise I would have probably have gone to FASTCO. I'll give him his due, very good marketing.

Thanks to all the threads on both the cobra sites it (and the exchange rate) has probably saved me a lot of hastle, money and stress. Like Steve says I don't think it works out any cheaper to go to the USA especially at the moment. I'll definately be buying from a British engine builer, for the aftersales/ guarantee as much as anything

Wilburn
04-02-09, 09:52 AM

The domain name fastcoauto.co.uk is available to buy for a few quid a year.

A website warning folk could be uploaded to it with links to posts on here etc. etc.

wilf
04-02-09, 10:28 AM
Where would one go to purchase that Paul?

Wilburn
04-02-09, 10:31 AM
Here is quiet cheap

1&1 Internet Ltd.*-* Home Page (http://order.1and1.co.uk:80/xml/order/Home;jsessionid=8FCD1D079191DE5003ECEC14A276A19A.T C31b?__reuse=1233747002211)

snowball555
05-02-09, 10:09 AM
Not wishing to stick the boot in and please correct me if I am wrong as to why but if Dr Dee is ‘all dat’ when it comes to custom built engines then why does Fastco buy some of its parts from ebay? Look at his feedback (http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=drdeefastco&ftab=FeedbackAsBuyer) as a buyer (ignore the dodgy taste in music !)

Martin

v8 capri
05-02-09, 10:19 AM
hi, i thought that too.. instead of him buying shite music, he should be buying "HOW TO BUILD CHEVY ENGINES FOR FOOLS" manuals instead!!:twisted:

Wilburn
05-02-09, 10:30 AM
hi, i thought that too.. instead of him buying shite music, he should be buying "HOW TO BUILD CHEVY ENGINES FOR FOOLS" manuals instead!!:twisted:

v8 capri
05-02-09, 10:39 AM
LOL... i love this place:D

Noel
05-02-09, 11:01 AM
Steve, Wilf,

Totally agree, I was looking at buying from across the pond, luckily the exchange rates dropped just at the right time, otherwise I would have probably have gone to FASTCO. I'll give him his due, very good marketing.

Thanks to all the threads on both the cobra sites it (and the exchange rate) has probably saved me a lot of hastle, money and stress. Like Steve says I don't think it works out any cheaper to go to the USA especially at the moment. I'll definately be buying from a British engine builer, for the aftersales/ guarantee as much as anything

I've rattled on about this for the last 3 years, you might sometimes get a better deal buying from the States BUT is that saving worth anything if something should go wrong??

Buying in this country is a complete no brainer for me and I was very fortunate to place my order with one of the best. They have been brilliant and when things did go wrong a couple of months ago (which was completely out of everyone's hands) they pulled out all the stops to get me sorted :cool:

wilf
05-02-09, 11:32 AM
Noel - right, up to a point. Granted there are great UK engine builders, my own reliable ol' thing came from the UK.

But I could give you several US engine builders that I would trust implicitly. Gordon Levy, George Anderson, Joe Boghosian, spring to mind immediately. And there are others.

For more specialised engines than our relatively "cooking" small blocks, I would still look westwards.

What it boils down to is deal with someone you know..............and trust.

snowball555
05-02-09, 11:36 AM
Tony,

I love this post on ST.

"BTW DICK HEAD... GET YOUR FCUKING HAIR CUT!!!"

do you think he will listen to you or give you a really long response about not being his own hair or its your monitor that makes him look like a walking advert for Soul Glo SOUL GLO!

Martin

Noel
05-02-09, 11:43 AM
Noel - right, up to a point. Granted there are great UK engine builders, my own reliable ol' thing came from the UK.

But I could give you several US engine builders that I would trust implicitly. Gordon Levy, George Anderson, Joe Boghosian, spring to mind immediately. And there are others.

For more specialised engines than our relatively "cooking" small blocks, I would still look westwards.

What it boils down to is deal with someone you know..............and trust.

Agree 100% Wilf, but I bet these guys do not do "bargains" or "cheap deals" and quite rightly so, if you are going to build an engine properly it is not going to be cheap, especially if it is not run of the mill?

I suppose the rub, and the point being made in this thread by V8Capri, is getting charged and then being supplied with something completely inferior to what you think you are getting?

dingocooke
05-02-09, 01:20 PM
My take on this is get references first, Southern automotive and Guessford always get great reviews so a safe bet, especially if your looking for a Big block/FE/SO motor.

Also, I instinctively give a very wide birth to any company promising the earth in garish badly spelt, gramatically poor advertisements; clearly this isnt always infallible, but my experience is you are more likely to get disappointed with these sort of suppliers than the more realistic ones, compare Southern Automotive's site to Fastco's for example.
Same deal whether youre buying stateside or in the UK there are cowboys and fantasists on both side the pond

I have no experience at all of either company, but I do know that if something sounds too good to be true then it usually is!!

v8 capri
05-02-09, 02:02 PM
Tony,

I love this post on ST.

"BTW DICK HEAD... GET YOUR FCUKING HAIR CUT!!!"

do you think he will listen to you or give you a really long response about not being his own hair or its your monitor that makes him look like a walking advert for Soul Glo SOUL GLO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktl6L3ZwvL4)!

Martin

LMFAO!! knowing that prick, all of them and more!!

have you seen him on you tube?? YouTube - Bo Selecta Mel B On Holiday

Noel
05-02-09, 02:09 PM
I tried for ages the other day to embed a Youtube video in a post but failed miserabley, how the hell did you do it?? :confused:

v8 capri
05-02-09, 02:13 PM
just copy the url address on right hand side of video

Noel
05-02-09, 02:25 PM
just copy the url address on right hand side of video

I tried that and it wouldn't have it :confused::confused:

Noel
05-02-09, 02:27 PM
Another try

Noel
05-02-09, 02:27 PM
Bugger me , it works now :confused::confused::confused:

How do I get rid of it now :rolleyes::rolleyes:

EDIT....done it

Thanks

v8 capri
05-02-09, 02:28 PM
do you have an account, if so, are you logged in???

Noel
05-02-09, 02:33 PM
do you have an account, if so, are you logged in???

Yes, I tried a couple of days ago and it just wouldn't have it, tried it now and it works fine, put the vid up in my post on the"427 breathes", many thanks Clive :cool:

wilf
05-02-09, 07:18 PM
Oh dear, I have just picked myself up off the floor from laughing 'til I nearly burst. I just read Dr Doodoos latest response over "there".

Tony - how COULD you attack your own crank with a hammer? And fancy fitting baffles to your oilpump! And why did you fill your engine with filler dust?

ROFLMFAO!

We should have to pay to read stuff this funny...........:rolleyes:

Simon R
05-02-09, 07:30 PM
Oh dear, I have just picked myself up off the floor from laughing 'til I nearly burst. I just read Dr Doodoos latest response over "there".

Tony - how COULD you attack your own crank with a hammer? And fancy fitting baffles to your oilpump! And why did you fill your engine with filler dust?

ROFLMFAO!

I always like the bit when DD title's a post "Final Response" .... 'cos you know it wont be.... more like "Here's an 80 Gallon Drum of Petrol for the Pyre I've just lit under myself"

More Please :D

v8 capri
05-02-09, 07:35 PM

ROFLMFAO!

tell me about it!! i cant believe hes got the balls to actually post that bollox! definatley on drugs:twisted:

Purple AK
05-02-09, 07:44 PM
Be Fair Guys! He's busy! Composing that LONG list of satisfied customers ;) Wadda Ya Reckon? Ask the Audience, Phone a Friend or 50/50?
DARKSIDE (http://snaketorque.co.uk/index.php?topic=3172.0)

v8 capri
05-02-09, 07:48 PM
Be Fair Guys! He's busy! Composing that LONG list of satisfied customers ;) Wadda Ya Reckon? Ask the Audience, Phone a Friend or 50/50?
DARKSIDE (http://snaketorque.co.uk/index.php?topic=3172.0)

yeah busy on his CRACK PIPE!!! the bloke is a total LOON!!!:twisted:

wilf
05-02-09, 07:50 PM
Funny how there appear to be TWO "Darksides" - one over there, one over here. LOL. I feel positively schizoid.

dingocooke
05-02-09, 07:52 PM
must be some list he's been on it since this morning!!!

ldtopham
05-02-09, 08:05 PM
Post 44 made me laugh out aloud! :D :mrgreen:

BEWARE OF FASTCO!!! (http://snaketorque.co.uk/index.php?topic=3156.25)

Miket
05-02-09, 09:32 PM
Brilliant, just spent 1/2 hour catching up, what a tosser. :D :D :D

Purple AK
05-02-09, 09:59 PM
Oddly the thread where he threatens (don't hold your breath) to name satisfied customers! seems to have been moved to The Joke box & Soap box! (http://snaketorque.co.uk/index.php?board=4.0) :mrgreen: Says it all!

tarmacscratcher
05-02-09, 10:08 PM
Can't wait for the next installment....beats watching telly and worrying about the bloody snow....like what the rest of the country is doing :)

jamieM
06-02-09, 12:40 PM
tony, pardon for asking, and all that, but what happened? do you still have engine? did you get any money back??

I can dedect you are a little miffed.
Friggin hilareous tho, sorry!:twisted:

Noel
06-02-09, 12:55 PM
tony, pardon for asking, and all that, but what happened? do you still have engine? did you get any money back??

The engine has been dismantled by his mechanic, I don't think he would be this pi$$ed if he has had a refund ;)

jamieM
06-02-09, 01:05 PM
The engine has been dismantled by his mechanic, I don't think he would be this pi$ if he has had a refund ;)

and this Dr Dre bloke is offering a refund?? I cant imagine he will come to stoneleigh or any other UK event again......can you?!

snowball555
06-02-09, 01:09 PM
maybe he will come in disguise, he could wear a silly wig or something:mrgreen:

Martin

TINKA
06-02-09, 01:22 PM
maybe he will come in disguise, he could wear a silly wig or something:mrgreen:

Martin

No he tried that last year :mrgreen:

v8 capri
06-02-09, 02:09 PM

little miffed!! how about..... i will gladly do TIME for that tosser!!:twisted:

Noel
06-02-09, 02:13 PM
little miffed!! how about..... i will gladly do TIME for that tosser!!:twisted:

Stop mincing your words and sitting on the fence Tony....spit it out ;) :D

v8 capri
06-02-09, 03:50 PM

oh sorry..... I WOULD TAKE REAL PLEASURE IN KICKIN HIS CURLY HAIRED HEAD ALL OVER THE FCUKIN SHOP!!:twisted::lol:

robert
06-02-09, 06:31 PM
Just to pick up on one little item Daryl mentioned.

THEY DO NOT KEEP EVERY DYNO PULL ON RECORD FOR EVER no one i know does,... We dug round on Joes computer found this one.....

I could pop up to Ken at EDA and pull off every single dyno run (and we had lots and lots and lots) from back in 2000. We have over 200 pulls on the engine, each one kept in a customer file for future reference.

Thats called customer service. ;)

dolphinboy400
06-02-09, 07:31 PM
Just to pick up on one little item Daryl mentioned.

Quote:
THEY DO NOT KEEP EVERY DYNO PULL ON RECORD FOR EVER no one i know does,... We dug round on Joes computer found this one.....

I could pop up to Ken at EDA and pull off every single dyno run (and we had lots and lots and lots) from back in 2000. We have over 200 pulls on the engine, each one kept in a customer file for future reference.

Thats called customer service.

Robert

funny thing is i doubt he could garuntee that the dyno they found was Tony's otherwise he would have added the info on the top of the sheet with engine i.d.

When Dr doolitle tries to break down any thread he always misses out stuff , i guess he has no answer for , even the bullshit doesn't materialise :rolleyes:

Noel
06-02-09, 07:34 PM
It's funny that guarantee is possibly the hardest word to spell :p :D:D

Sorry Danny, couldn't resist

dolphinboy400
06-02-09, 07:36 PM

its all good , if thats the only abuse i get i'm getting off lightly :P

lumberjack
07-02-09, 02:10 AM
At least your gaRUNtee contained the ability to to run lol
Paul

Geezer
07-02-09, 07:29 AM

Surely it's Dyslexia... Why is that:confused:

Sorry, couldn't resist that either:D

Pete

fastco
07-02-09, 05:27 PM

Yes please do for all of us too see.

Answer the question Tony....did you OVER HEAT YOUR ENGINE OR DID YOU NOT?
YES.... OR... NO & your answer is __________

Dr.Dee

viperjim
07-02-09, 05:29 PM
now we`ve got a bunfight ,

v8 capri
07-02-09, 05:36 PM

Dr.Dee

welcome dick!! as already stated on "otherside" i did not overheat engine.. the engine overheated!! and your looooong point is:confused:

Clarkson
07-02-09, 05:37 PM

Dr.Dee

Answer this, why did you send him incorrect engine build pics??

Purple AK
07-02-09, 05:54 PM

Dr.Dee
I can see where you are trying to go Daryl. However there is a difference between Overheating and Frying

v8 capri
07-02-09, 05:56 PM
I can see where you are trying to go Daryl. However there is a difference between Overheating and Frying

you beat me to it!! i know thats coming... and its gonna be fcuking loooong and ever sooo boring!!:mad:

v8 capri
07-02-09, 05:59 PM
come back daryl...... where you gone:twisted:

dave
07-02-09, 06:08 PM

Dr.Dee

No he did not over heat his engine....He still hasn't recieved his engine, the one you sent does not match the spec which he ordered. You supplied him with a lower spec engine.

YES OR NO?_____________

robert
07-02-09, 06:17 PM
Gents

With respect, allow the two parties involved to discuss this please.

Rob

v8 capri
07-02-09, 06:18 PM
Gents

With respect, allow the two parties involved to discuss this please.

Rob

yea, but he keeps doing a lord lucan on me!!!:twisted:

wilf
07-02-09, 08:31 PM
Not getting into the technicalities, but one thing did strike me - it would appear from Dr Doodoos that keeping information like balance cards is incredibly important, and fundamental in sorting problems out. Funny how the same does not apply to his dyno records. :rolleyes:

v8 capri
07-02-09, 08:34 PM
Not getting into the technicalities, but one thing did strike me - it would appear from Dr Doodoos that keeping information like balance cards is incredibly important, and fundamental in sorting problems out. Funny how the same does not apply to his dyno records. :rolleyes:

i cannot agree more... but with ref to balance cards..

I NEVER GOT ONE!!:mad:

gwak76
08-02-09, 07:54 PM

Craig.

Found these advertised, are they the ones you are looking for ?

v8 capri
08-02-09, 08:13 PM
Found these advertised, are they the ones you are looking for ?

LMFAO:-D:-D:-D yea!! they are the ones!!:-D:-D:-D

craggle
08-02-09, 08:44 PM
Excellent !!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Where did you find that picture?:rolleyes:

Craig.

robert
09-02-09, 10:59 AM
Guys

This has now been done to death, and I can't see this moving forward so I am locking the thread.

If either of the parties want to discuss further, please let me know.

fastco
11-02-09, 06:01 PM
HERE IS MY FINAL REPONSE TO TONY DOWNES ENGINE ISSUE.... This engine was severly overheated & all damage was due to this SEVERE ENGINE OVERHEATING eg operating engine above 255F.... 100% not an assembly errror or defecttive products...

Yes Tony there are your heads i can take more detailed photos if you wish... but i do not think i need to..these heads show the intake port issue / the port that developed the leak. And clearly shows the reddish Permatex gasket sealant used on ports originally.... And show clearly the new FEL=PRO gasket remains that were installed by C/O UK to fix the leak on intake centre port perfectly.. and you then drove the car 6/7+ months & 2500+ miles....

Now as we all can see in #2 photo i posted of your heads... @ the end of 1 head we can see what looks like a small metal tab on end of the one head... this is a engine heat tab i metal epoxy'd onto your head when engine was built Dec 07 and we load these HEAT tabs onto ALL our engines... regardless of BHP output...almost ALL engine builders & machine shops here in the USA load these HEAT tabs on there engines.. they are tamper proof and permenant.. they have a metal sensitive center core that is engineered to MELT out @ 255F to 260F...when an engine is SEVERLY over heated / operated above 250F the centre of this heat tab MELTS out... showing proof positive the engine has been FRY'D / SEVERLY OVERHEATED....
Go here to see GOODSON'S tech on these heat tabs we use on all engines.......... Heat Tabs (http://goodson.com/store/template/product_detail.php?IID=2911&&)

Now below are close up photos of the end of that head with the HEAT sensitive Goodson engine tab.
Pic # 1 shows end of your head with Goodson heat tab epoxy'd onto head
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/fastco/TONYSFRYDENGINE8.jpg

Pic # 2
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/fastco/TONYSFRYDENGINE7.jpg

shows close up of your engines heat tab.... and beside that is a NEW GOODSON heat tab so we may compare the two
as we can CLEARLY see the heat tab on the top / yours the centre of this heat tab is MELTED out... this is 100% proof this heat tab has seen engine operating temps ABOVE 255F ... WAY ABOVE SAFE operating engine tempeture... this is the reason for your DISTROYED engine bearings & wasted cam & lifters ect ect and THE ENGINE COOKED ITSELF TO DEATH...who cooked it only you know you or your bondo buddies....someone ran this engine above 255F... and FRY"D this engine.... Your engine damage IS NOT in anyway an engine assembly error as you state... This severe damage was caused by an SEVERLY overheated engine 100 % completely out of our controll as we all know... You Tony or someone who's worked on or driven your car has FRY'D that engine....this is a fact..not a guess not an idea or a maybe.. it is a clear proven fact.

Yes you did call me last year and said you engine ran HOT and engine would run on after ignition is turned OFF for quite sometme....when an engine is OVERHEATED this will happen & the engine WILL run on after ignition is turned OFF... a tell tale sign the engine is OVERHEATING severly.
id.. get the proper rad & fan in that car... YOU MUST have proper engine cooling temps in the range of 180F to 190 F NO HIGHER or you WILL fry / cook that engine....
You or someone did NOT address this OVERHEATING problem & continued operate this engine & severly overheated it & this is the damage we ALL SEE is done.. bearings wasted... cam & lifters wasted.. ect ect this is 100% normal on a severly overheated engine. ASK ANYONE ANYWHERE Tony,..
This engine damage was caused by you or someone who has worked & driven you car..........and has 0 to do with engine assembly or quality of parts... engine dyno prints clearly show engine operating temps and is well with in SAFE engine temp range.
Dr,Dee

TONY I NOT PLAY"N ANY GAME HERE............ALL OUR ENGINES ARE LOADED WITH THESE HEAT TABS SINCE I"VE BEEN BUILDING ENGINE.... I DO NOT MENTION THESE TABS.... why shoulld i... we can ALL see how extreemly valuable these tabs can be...
You would not have noticed them LESS you knew they were there..... YOUR ENGINE WAS DISTROYED BY SEVERE OVERHEATING

v8 capri
11-02-09, 06:48 PM
HERE IS MY FINAL REPONSE TO TONY DOWNES ENGINE ISSUE.... This engine was severly overheated & all damage was due to this SEVERE ENGINE OVERHEATING eg operating engine above 255F.... 100% not an assembly errror or defecttive products...

Yes Tony there are your heads i can take more detailed photos if you wish... but i do not think i need to..these heads show the intake port issue / the port that developed the leak. And clearly shows the reddish Permatex gasket sealant used on ports originally.... And show clearly the new FEL=PRO gasket remains that were installed by C/O UK to fix the leak on intake centre port perfectly.. and you then drove the car 6/7+ months & 2500+ miles....

Now as we all can see in #2 photo i posted of your heads... @ the end of 1 head we can see what looks like a small metal tab on end of the one head... this is a engine heat tab i metal epoxy'd onto your head when engine was built Dec 07 and we load these HEAT tabs onto ALL our engines... regardless of BHP output...almost ALL engine builders & machine shops here in the USA load these HEAT tabs on there engines.. they are tamper proof and permenant.. they have a metal sensitive center core that is engineered to MELT out @ 255F to 260F...when an engine is SEVERLY over heated / operated above 250F the centre of this heat tab MELTS out... showing proof positive the engine has been FRY'D / SEVERLY OVERHEATED....
Go here to see GOODSON'S tech on these heat tabs we use on all engines.......... Heat Tabs (http://goodson.com/store/template/product_detail.php?IID=2911&&)

Now below are close up photos of the end of that head with the HEAT sensitive Goodson engine tab.

Pic # 2

shows close up of your engines heat tab.... and beside that is a NEW GOODSON heat tab so we may compare the two
as we can CLEARLY see the heat tab on the top / yours the centre of this heat tab is MELTED out... this is 100% proof this heat tab has seen engine operating temps ABOVE 255F ... WAY ABOVE SAFE operating engine tempeture... this is the reason for your DISTROYED engine bearings & wasted cam & lifters ect ect and THE ENGINE COOKED ITSELF TO DEATH...who cooked it only you know you or your bondo buddies....someone ran this engine above 255F... and FRY"D this engine.... Your engine damage IS NOT in anyway an engine assembly error as you state... This severe damage was caused by an SEVERLY overheated engine 100 % completely out of our controll as we all know... You Tony or someone who's worked on or driven your car has FRY'D that engine....this is a fact..not a guess not an idea or a maybe.. it is a clear proven fact.

Yes you did call me last year and said you engine ran HOT and engine would run on after ignition is turned OFF for quite sometme....when an engine is OVERHEATED this will happen & the engine WILL run on after ignition is turned OFF... a tell tale sign the engine is OVERHEATING severly.
id.. get the proper rad & fan in that car... YOU MUST have proper engine cooling temps in the range of 180F to 190 F NO HIGHER or you WILL fry / cook that engine....
You or someone did NOT address this OVERHEATING problem & continued operate this engine & severly overheated it & this is the damage we ALL SEE is done.. bearings wasted... cam & lifters wasted.. ect ect this is 100% normal on a severly overheated engine. ASK ANYONE ANYWHERE Tony,..
This engine damage was caused by you or someone who has worked & driven you car..........and has 0 to do with engine assembly or quality of parts... engine dyno prints clearly show engine operating temps and is well with in SAFE engine temp range.
Dr,Dee

TONY I NOT PLAY"N ANY GAME HERE............ALL OUR ENGINES ARE LOADED WITH THESE HEAT TABS SINCE I"VE BEEN BUILDING ENGINE.... I DO NOT MENTION THESE TABS.... why shoulld i... we can ALL see how extreemly valuable these tabs can be...
You would not have noticed them LESS you knew they were there..... YOUR ENGINE WAS DISTROYED BY SEVERE OVERHEATING

you are some flower!!!!!! i might not be a mechanic... but i aint FCUKING STUPID! i at least know that when the temp guage starts rising and not falling when at motorway speed, i know to "STOP" IMMEDIATLEY! and that is what i done,breakdown recovery was called, and it was taken to my garage, and not driven till problem was rectified.. .. im not gonna pay out all that money and risk frying an engine!!! and dont tell me i wouldnt have or my mechanics wouldnt have noticed them things on my heads, i was the one that packaged them up to throw back at you!! and "if", and its a "BIG IF" they were on there, why didnt you inform me of this problem ages ago before i even posted on here??? WHY...... cause you are a LYING C**T:twisted:!!

purge98
11-02-09, 06:55 PM
"Water above 180F to 190 F will fry an engine".

What planet is this guy on?

If he stopped repeating himself in his posts he may actually get some work done.

v8 capri
11-02-09, 07:03 PM
one more thing dr dick!!..... you told me that them heads are on another engine over here already??? have you been telling PORKYS* again:mad:??

*LIES!!

as i said before "ONCE A LIAR, ALWAYS A LIAR"

Purple AK
11-02-09, 07:06 PM
Water @15psi boils at 250 degrees F. Why would you put a Heat Tab on the hottest part of an engine? Heads often see 300 degrees C (let alone F) near an exhaust port! which is where it is.

Clarkson
11-02-09, 07:15 PM
It probably got too hot and lean as he said in his last post due to the poor B/S head and intake porting!!!!:twisted::twisted:

Of course that never got picked up on the claimed dyno session!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

fastco
11-02-09, 07:22 PM
Water @15psi boils at 250 degrees F. Why would you put a Heat Tab on the hottest part of an engine? Heads often see 300 degrees C (let alone F) near an exhaust port! which is where it is.

What are drunk.... tab is located @ REAR of head NO WHERE nere EXHASUT port in the middle of head behind that is coolant passage... been put'n them there for years as 1,000 of others have,..... on stock & full bore race engines
and they've been there for 10's of years and are still intact.. WHY.. because the engines were NEVER over heated.. .... simple as that.

shadow
11-02-09, 07:31 PM
Did I mess something but was the original question answered of why he was sent a 2 bolt head when ordered a 4 bolt without being informed. Dee Demands an answer to the engine overheating but wont answer a simple question. :confused:

v8 capri
11-02-09, 07:33 PM
Did I mess something but was the original question answered of why he was sent a 2 bolt head when ordered a 4 bolt without being informed. Dee Demands an answer to the engine overheating but wont answer a simple question. :confused:

no not answered yet... along with the bogus build pictures etc etc:twisted:

Purple AK
11-02-09, 07:35 PM
What are drunk.... tab is located @ REAR of head NO WHERE nere EXHASUT port in the middle of head behind that is coolant passage... been put'n them there for years as 1,000 of others have,..... on stock & full bore race engines
and they've been there for 10's of years and are still intact.. WHY.. because the engines were NEVER over heated.. .... simple as that.
What about the outer exhaust ports? That Tab is all of 2 1/2" from one!

And thanks for asking but I'm perfectly sober thanks

Clarkson
11-02-09, 07:38 PM
no not answered yet... along with the bogus build pictures etc etc:twisted:

Have a look at your new heads to see if the said tabs are fitted??

I feel sorry for the poor bugger that got your old heads!!!

Probably sold on ebay!

v8 capri
11-02-09, 07:41 PM

Probably sold on ebay!

dont worry, i will be checking 1st thing tomorrow!! :mad:

Purple AK
11-02-09, 07:51 PM

Why has it taken you 11 days to post about these tabs? If as you say you have been using them for years then surely that would have been the first thing you would have checked? You could have dismissed Tony's issues in your first post rather than letting it drag on for 231 posts over the two forums.

fastco
11-02-09, 07:51 PM
you are some flower!!!!!! i might not be a mechanic... but i aint FCUKING STUPID! i at least know that when the temp guage starts rising and not falling when at motorway speed, i know to "STOP" IMMEDIATLEY! and that is what i done,breakdown recovery was called, and it was taken to my garage, and not driven till problem was rectified.. .. im not gonna pay out all that money and risk frying an engine!!! and dont tell me i wouldnt have or my mechanics wouldnt have noticed them things on my heads, i was the one that packaged them up to throw back at you!! and "if", and its a "BIG IF" they were on there, why didnt you inform me of this problem ages ago before i even posted on here??? WHY...... cause you are a LYING C**T:twisted:!!

Sorry Tony... we had to let you state..all your well BS...... then i produced the facts & photos.... sort'a like why let the cat outa the bag... too soon........

Bottom line is you or someone has FRY"D that engine running.it OVER 255 F as heat tab has indicated....there is question that engine was OVERHEATED & FRY"D... .....

As far as you NOT noticing any heat tab on end head OFCOURSE you did not... you would not have...why because you or you buddies had NO clue what one looks like OR what it was TILL NOW! Dr.Dee

fastco
11-02-09, 07:52 PM

Probably sold on ebay!

NICE TRY DAVE.... heads sent as packed from supplier...

v8 capri
11-02-09, 07:57 PM
Sorry Tony... we had to let you state..

is this "WE" you and YOUR MASTER SMAX???:mrgreen:

Clarkson
11-02-09, 07:58 PM

But you said to Tony they are back in the UK??:confused:

v8 capri
11-02-09, 08:03 PM

now i know you are lieing!! you put them in an opened box in a crate with petes engine!!!:cool: and you said that you put them on "ALL" heads??????????

fastco
11-02-09, 08:11 PM
cheers
tony

As stated by you Tony.. FEL-PRO gaskets were loaded onto engine and 0 INTAKE leaks Tony then 2500+ MILES were put on car stated by you in 6/7 months..You were NOT happy with heads ... Heads were replaced with 100% CNC ported heads @ a cost to me... and sent to you Tony NO SHIPPING charge... & you were VERY thank full... I went well out'a my way to correct this head port issue & resolved it 100%...and you agreed @ the time & thanked me.

Also just off the phone with GOODSON USA maker of the HEAT TAB... talked to Eric.. head of TECH dept.... We are 100% correct.. to load heat tabs on cylinder head REAR CENTRE........NO WERE NEAR EXHAUST port..HARRY~
behind coolant passage in heads... call them if you wish HARRY or TONY....

Clarkson
11-02-09, 08:15 PM
As stated by you Tony.. FEL-PRO gaskets were loaded onto engine and 0 INTAKE leaks Tony then 2500+ MILES were put on car stated by you in 6/7 months..You were NOT happy with heads ... Heads were replaced with 100% CNC ported heads @ a cost to me... and sent to you Tony NO SHIPPING charge... & you were VERY thank full... I went well out'a my way to correct this head port issue & resolved it 100%...and you agreed @ the time & thanked me.

Also just off the phone with GOODSON USA maker of the HEAT TAB... talked to Eric.. head of TECH dept.... We are 100% correct.. to load heat tabs on cylinder head REAR CENTRE........NO WERE NEAR EXHAUST port..HARRY~

Can I ask why you don't answer the questions about the pics etc??:confused:

v8 capri
11-02-09, 08:20 PM
As stated... FEL-PRO gasket loaded onto engine an 0 INTAKE leak as STATED by you Tony & 2500+ MILES were put on car stated by you..... Heads were replaced with 100% CNC ported heads @ a cost to me... and sent to you Tony NO SHIPPING charge... & you were VERY thank full... I went well out'a my way to correct this head port issue & resolved it 100%...and you agreed @ the time & thanked me.

Also just off the ph with GOODSON USA maker of the HEAT TAB... talked to Eric.. head of TECH dept.... We are 100% correct.. to load heat tabs on cylinder head REAR CENTRE

you are like an old record... SAME SHIT DIFFERENT POST!! maybe i should go over the same shit again.......
lied to me over 2 and 4 bolt block issue....... no answer/explanation
lied to me over build pics.......................... no answer/explanation
2 different engine pics............................. no answer/explanation
engine pic on dyno..not my engine............. no answer/explanation

please explain... and not an answer about something different... as i say before... all above is misuse of descriptions..LIES!!! whats to say that all you say are not LIES!!?? p.s hows business these days??? you better come over to stonleigh to drum up some more:cool:

v8 capri
11-02-09, 08:28 PM
sorry.. just one more... why if you knew i had "FRYED" the engine.. would you offer me a new cam as compensation??:confused:

Purple AK
11-02-09, 08:34 PM
NO WERE NEAR EXHAUST port..HARRY~

Sigh................

purge98
11-02-09, 08:38 PM

Wtf?

If you've been mounting these tabs to your engines for over 10 years why would you NOW ring the manufacturers to ask where they are supposed to be mounted?

Doesn't quite add up dude. Do I hear a whine?

purge98
11-02-09, 08:49 PM
Hey Dr.

The Goodson website

http://www.goodson.com/technical_support/instructions/HT-100.pdf

states that you should issue the heat tab "Warranty" certificate to the customer to warn them of the tabs.

Did you do this Dr. Dee or didn't you like the wording:

"This engine is warranteed against defective materials and workmanship for....."

tonym
11-02-09, 09:05 PM
Personally, I think the heat tabs were taken off and put on backwards by Dave brooks when he changed a part, you can tell by noticing where it was by the marks it left. :roll:

v8 capri
11-02-09, 09:11 PM
good point just made on s/t by MH.. why didnt my pistons show signs of overheating??:confused:

Clarkson
11-02-09, 09:24 PM
good point just made on s/t by MH.. why didnt my pistons show signs of overheating??:confused:

I think, because he did not tell you that the tabs are fitted, I reckon he took a blow torch to them!:(

Purple AK
11-02-09, 09:31 PM

behind coolant passage in heads... call them if you wish HARRY or TONY....I've just come off the phone to Erik Shepard @ Goodson (small world init) They recommend 1 on each head and at least 2 on the Block otherwise you don't get a true picture ;)

Clarkson
11-02-09, 10:00 PM
Dr Dick, this should be more your line of work??!!:twisted::mrgreen::mrgreen:

craggle
11-02-09, 10:03 PM
As someone who loves Lego, That is so cool!

Craig.

dave
11-02-09, 10:04 PM
Fastco engines, Fastco
Daryl.
Very good of you to send tony the CNC ported heads at no extra cost and you threw in the shipping (Which cost you nothing as you shipped them with someone else engine).
Did you by any chance pay for Tony's tear down costs and his costs for shipping the shagged heads back to you and then the cost of getting the new "CNC" ones fitted? Didn't think so, your additional expense in all this has been far less than Tony's, so I don't think you should go busting a gut trying to suck your own dick on that basis.

What about the 4 bolt block?
What about the cast, not billet fly wheel?
What about the "Hight torque" starter motor?
What about the "Performance" clutch?
What about the build pictures?
What about the dyno results?
What about the dyno pictures?

So many questions remaining unanswered.....As usual.:rolleyes:
You have one vague theory in your head and you cling to it like a baby chimpanzee does to it's mother.
Whether Tony cooked the engine or not is irrelavent, when you take into account all the other things listed above which happened before he ever started the thing up.

"30 years in the biz"? More like 1 years experience , that's 29 years our of date.
"Often immitated, never duplicated"! Thank fcuk for that, is what I have to say.

At least people searching for "Fastco" on Google will have something other than your self promoting BS to look at with all this 5hit in the fan now.;)

fastco
11-02-09, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=Purple AK;289131]I've just come off the phone to Erik Shepard @ Goodson (small world init) They recommend 1 on each head and at least 2 on the Block otherwise you don't get a true picture ;)[/QUOT

Glad you spending your money... try'n your damdest..... happy to 3 way call Eric.. and record conversion & post recording in this site... let me know.. well hook up.. 3 way
LET"S R & R...................

Dr.Dee
4 tabs per engine not nessary & a waste of tabs......... just taked to Eric ...

dave
12-02-09, 12:19 AM
Selective vision Daryl?
Did you not see the posts regarding all the other things wrong with the engine that Tony ordered?

Thought up any answers yet? Difficult to find your excuse book when the room is full of smoke.......

......And mirrors! :rolleyes:

fastco
12-02-09, 12:32 AM
Very good of you to send tony the CNC ported heads at no extra cost and you threw in the shipping (Which cost you nothing as you shipped them with someone else engine). HELLO DAVE... SORRY NOTHINGS FREE>>>>>>>>>>> AS YOU KNOW!
Did you by any chance pay for Tony's tear down costs and his costs for shipping the shagged heads back to you and then the cost of getting the new "CNC" ones fitted? Didn't think so, your additional expense in all this has been far less than Tony's, so I don't think you should go busting a gut trying to suck your own dick on that basis.

EXPLAINED IN DETAIL READ POSTS AGAIN DAVEY..... INTERNAL BALANCE CRANK KIT AND OTHER GOODIES NO CHARGE...To Tony..
LITEWEIGHT FLYWHEEL SUPPLIED
NO MINI STARTER PAID FOR NONE SUPPLIED!
NEW ZOOM CLUTCH AS PROMISED SUPPLIED...
YES SUPPLIED...
YES SUPPLIED OPEN YOUR EYES DAVE THERE POSTED!!!!!!!
HOW MANY DO YOU WANT...................................,,,,NICE TRY AGAIN DAVEY!!!!!
I'D LOVE TO POST THEM....BUT I CANNOT... I"M LOCKED FROM DOING SO.... GO FIGURE DAVEY.........

So many questions remaining unanswered.....As usual.:rolleyes:
You have one vague theory in your head and you cling to it like a baby chimpanzee does to it's mother.
Whether Tony cooked the engine or not is irrelavent " FASTCO... REALLY THIS IS A TOTAL JOKE ARE YOU KID'D I DON'T THINK TONY WOULD AGREE", when you take into account all the other things listed above which happened before he ever started the thing up.

"30 years in the biz"? More like 1 years experience , that's 29 years our of date.
"Often immitated, never duplicated"! Thank fcuk for that, is what I have to say.

At least people searching for "Fastco" on Google will have something other than your self promoting BS to look at with all this 5hit in the fan now.;)[/QUOTE]

YOUR BS IS STACKING UP ON THE WEB DAVEY..............YOUR FITHLY STAEMENTS/ WORDS & BS..SHOW YOUR TRUE COLOURS DAVE & THEY SHINE.. WHEN YOUR PROVEN 100% WRONG.... you go into this your D.. suck''n F this & that ect ect....A TRUE BUSINESS MANS REPONSE.........way to go Dave

DAVE I'M SURE ALL WILL ENJOY READING YOUR STAMENTS LIKE THIS ONE ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB...As you said Dave the webs a 2 sided sword....& this is your other side...
...CHEERS!

I WILL RESPOND ONLY TO TONY DOWNES ON THIS ISSUE... FROM NOW ON>..
DAVE B & DAVE C & HARRY AND A COUPLE OTHERS HAVE 0 INTEREST IN THIS MATTER EXCEPT POSSIBLE PERSONAL GAINS/ $/ L@@KING FOR BIZZ or & VENDATTA.. ECT ECT........an easy read boys!

Cheers! Dr.Dee

Wilburn
12-02-09, 12:41 AM
YOUR BS IS STACKING UP ON THE WEB DAVEY..............YOUR FITHLY STAEMENTS/ WORDS & BS..SHOW YOUR TRUE COLOURS DAVE & THEY SHINE.. WHEN YOUR PROVEN 100% WRONG.... you go into this your D.. suck''n F this & that ect ect....A TRUE BUSINESS MANS REPONSE.........way to go Dave

DAVE I'M SURE ALL WILL ENJOY READING YOUR STAMENTS LIKE THIS ONE ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB...As you said Dave the webs a 2 sided sword....& this is your other side...
...CHEERS!

DAVE B & DAVE C & HARRY AND A COUPLE OTHERS HAVE 0 INTEREST IN THIS MATTER EXCEPT POSSIBLE PERSONAL GAINS/ $/ L@@KING FOR BIZZ or & VENDATTA.. ECT ECT........an easy read boys!

Cheers! Dr.Dee[/QUOTE]

What wording am I PROUD to have in my signature on every one of my posts?
Yup that is correct
DB Replicas build 98 - Dax De Dion
David Clarkson - 383 stroker

Nuff said :lol:

dave
12-02-09, 01:08 AM
So no comment on Tony's tear down costs ans shipping to you etc.
Conveniently forgot about that bit eh?

Could you explain how Tony's build photos of his engine have pictures of a 4 bolt block (Like he ordered), and yet the engine he recieved had a 2 bolt block???
Your talk about making up for it with an internal balanced crank is pure horse5hit. If doing that was such a good idea/offer, then why didn't you tell him about it before taking his money?
Cos you thought you could pull a fast one and get away with it.....BUT YOU FAILED!

You might have convinced yourself that it is OK to miss sell an engine but I pretty much doubt anyone else shares that concept.

The trouble with BS is that if you spout it for long enough you start believing it yourself.
You are a text book case of this.

fastco
12-02-09, 01:18 AM
Very good of you to send tony the CNC ported heads at no extra cost and you threw in the shipping (Which cost you nothing as you shipped them with someone else engine). HELLO DAVE... SORRY NOTHINGS FREE>>>>>>>>>>> AS YOU KNOW!

EXPLAINED IN DETAIL READ POSTS AGAIN DAVEY..... INTERNAL BALANCE CRANK KIT AND OTHER GOODIES NO CHARGE...To Tony..
YES SUPPLIED...
HOW MANY DO YOU WANT...................................,,,,NICE TRY AGAIN DAVEY!!!!!
I'D LOVE TO POST THEM....BUT I CANNOT... I"M LOCKED FROM DOING SO.... GO FIGURE DAVEY.........

So many questions remaining unanswered.....As usual.
Whether Tony cooked the engine or not is irrelavent " FASTCO... REALLY THIS IS A TOTAL JOKE ARE YOU KID'D I DON'T THINK TONY WOULD AGREE", when you take into account all the other things listed above which happened before he ever started the thing up.

At least people searching for "Fastco" on Google will have something other than your self promoting BS to look at with all this 5hit in the fan now.[/quote]

...CHEERS!

Cheers! Dr.Dee

fastco
12-02-09, 01:18 AM

YES SUPPLIED...

So many questions remaining unanswered.....As usual.

At least people searching for "Fastco" on Google will have something other than your self promoting BS to look at with all this 5hit in the fan now.[/quote]

...CHEERS!

Cheers! Dr.Dee

wilf
12-02-09, 07:02 AM
Look guys, it is obviously all your fault. Dr Doodoos has told you over and over again, why don't you get it?

You buy these perfect engines, lovingly crafted in the perfect US of A, under the car port awning by master craftsmen and their diligent apprentices, and then what do you do? In the hands of you awful and careless users, these jewel-like masterpieces of automotive art are:

Over-rev'd

Over-heated

Over-used

Seems to me that main problem is simple - they are

Over here! :twisted:

shadow
12-02-09, 07:59 AM
Me butting in again. Sorry.
4 Bolt: Mr Magoo has stated that a 2 bold was sent as it was a hurry to get it sent as no 4 bolts were available...blah blah.
But dee, please re read page 1 /post 32. That question has NOT been answered. :rolleyes:

purge98
12-02-09, 08:12 AM
Just typed Dr Dee into google and got this

http://www.drdee.com (http://www.drdees.com/index.php)

He's an appliance repair outfit :confused:

That answers a lot of things.

Purple AK
12-02-09, 08:24 AM
[quote=Purple AK;289131]I've just come off the phone to Erik Shepard @ Goodson (small world init) They recommend 1 on each head and at least 2 on the Block otherwise you don't get a true picture ;)[/QUOT

Glad you spending your money... try'n your damdest..... happy to 3 way call Eric.. and record conversion & post recording in this site... let me know.. well hook up.. 3 way
LET"S R & R...................

Dr.Dee
4 tabs per engine not nessary & a waste of tabs......... just taked to Eric ...

Not according to Silver Seal who supply them to Goodson's! Page 4 of their catalogue states...

"Attach On Each Head & Both Sides of Block"

http://www.silver-seal.com/cfiles/SilverSeal2007.pdf

purge98
12-02-09, 08:28 AM
Oh dear...who's telling porkies again?

Is there a Dr in the house?

fastco
12-02-09, 05:04 PM
Here again is the photo of Tonys head with heat tabs...

2 or 4 or 8 or 10 or 100 tabs.... attached to an engine....it does NOT matter... when the part there attached to reachs operating temp above 255 F.....the center melts out as we see in photo. Indicating the engine was severly overheated.

Regards Dr,Dee

Miket
12-02-09, 05:25 PM

2 or 4 or 8 or 10 or 100 tabs.... attached to an engine....it does NOT matter... when the part there attached to reachs operating temp above 255 F.....the center melts out as we see in photo. Indicating the engine was severly overheated.

Regards Dr,Dee
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/aliens/spacecraft.gif

v8 capri
12-02-09, 05:32 PM

Regards Dr,Dee

wow ive missed a lot of b/s whilst at work!!

dr dick...... been talking to my mechanics and rolling road guru's!!
GUESS WHAT.... THEY BOTH STATE THAT THEY ARE 99% SURE THAT THEM TABS WERE NOT ON MY ENGINE!! also stating that you have more than likely put a blowtorch to em!!?? also been told by an independant engine builder, that they are usually put on the block area to get a true reading!! also been told that if it was fryed, the pistons would be a kind of bluey colour... mine were not!! please explain... and not your normal LONG BULLSHIT ANSWERS EITHER:mrgreen:
you are a lieing FAGGOT!!

Purple AK
12-02-09, 05:51 PM
I'm still waiting for the promised list of 100's of satisfied customers!

Wilburn
12-02-09, 06:05 PM
I'm still waiting for the promised list of 100's of satisfied customers!

Is that a USA 100?

So after conversion to UK numbers it will be around 3? Same as BHP I guess

Simon R
12-02-09, 06:13 PM
Here again is a photo of something unidentifiable (maybe its the bottom of Mike T's flying saucer?) with heat tabs...

2 or 4 or 8 or 10 or 100 tabs.... attached to any old thing....it does NOT matter what you attach them to in order to take any old photo... when you heat them up with a blowtorch above 255 F.....the center melts out as we see in photo. Indicating that whatever it was attached to got hot when you put a blow torch on it.

Regards Dr,Dee

Fixed it for you :cool:

Clarkson
12-02-09, 06:17 PM
Is that a USA 100?

So after conversion to UK numbers it will be around 3? Same as BHP I guess

He does not sell is B/S in the USA, he would never get away with it!! It also seams that Fastco is not known in the USA,on forums that I visit! Probably trading in a different name as in his PO work address! LOL

Hinding something me thinks!

Noel
12-02-09, 06:19 PM
He does not sell is B/S in the USA, he would never get away with it!! It also seams that Fastco is not known in the USA,on forums that I visit! Probably trading in a different name as in his PO work address! LOL

Hinding something me thinks!

Have you taken a dyslexia pill Dave ;) :D :D

Clarkson
12-02-09, 06:22 PM
Have you taken a dyslexia pill Dave ;) :D :D

Doh!!:twisted::twisted:

Dutch Paul
12-02-09, 06:24 PM
Doh!!:twisted::twisted:

Is that dyslexian for two? :mrgreen:

Noel
12-02-09, 06:35 PM
Is that dyslexian for two? :mrgreen:

I'll resist hijacking this thread as they are all having such "fun" ;) :D

v8 capri
12-02-09, 06:40 PM
yet another question for dr dick!! you first said that engine failiure was down to " BODYSHOP DUST" and now you are saying its down to me "FRYING ENGINE":confused: which one is it FAGGOT???

wilf
12-02-09, 07:28 PM

Not true - I have a longer memory, and possibly better connection into the US Cobra scene.

The confusion between 2 and 4 bolt blocks is part of a more general confusion about blocks. Seems there was confusion between centre and side oiler blocks too...........a long time ago, and that did for Fastco in the USA, he came looking for fresher fields further abroad.

The USA has tougher consumer laws than we do - just try a search on "Better Business Bureau" to see what I mean. Just ONE proven fraud (like passing off a 2 bolt block as a 4 bolt block) is enough to shut a business down.

There IS a similarity between Fastco and Smax - they both supply bona fide parts and builds into the "professional" areas like the race and drag scene, where any attempt to pass off anything as something it is not spreads through the scene like wildfire. They then use this success to impress less knowledgeable folks. And the fact that these old USA V8s tolerate massive malpractice and keep on running somehow covers their possibly less than wonderful efforts in more mundane engine builds.

"Amateur" scenes like ours are easier pickings. We didn't have a collective voice until very recently. Now we do.

I will say one thing though - he is clinging on like mad. First class bluster and invention - always the mark of a great engine supplier.

As CapriV8 (and a very reputable UK engine builder) says - if this engine had been overheated to destruction, the components MOST likley to show signs of that would be the pistons, and guess what? They offer up no overheating indications whatsoever.

dingocooke
12-02-09, 07:36 PM
My two cents (LOL) the component also most likely to show signs of overheating is the small end of the con rod(s) , but lets not let facts spoil the thread; this is better than telly all day long!!! 8)

Clarkson
12-02-09, 07:42 PM
My two cents (LOL) the component also most likely to show signs of overheating is the small end of the con rod(s) , but lets not let facts spoil the thread; this is better than telly all day long!!! 8)

I missed EastEnders tonight to reads this!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

wilf
12-02-09, 07:48 PM
Steve - quite right, maybe ( ;) ), but I was thinking of those components that we all have seen pictures of on this specific engine.

dingocooke
12-02-09, 07:51 PM
Steve - quite right, maybe ( ;) ), but I was thinking of those components that we all have seen pictures of on this specific engine.

Yep know what you mean Wilf.

Makes me smile all the reasons touted by Fastco that this engine croaked; I think weve all worked out the real reason now..

Purple AK
12-02-09, 08:16 PM
Steve - quite right, maybe ( ;) ), but I was thinking of those components that we all have seen pictures of on this specific engine. So Tony should be talking to the BBB then Wilf?

Miket
12-02-09, 09:24 PM
Hey Dr Dick, look at the picture, what can you see. :confused: :confused:

tonym
12-02-09, 09:29 PM
Hey Dr Dick, look at the picture, what can you see. :confused: :confused:

He'll think it's a self portrait :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Miket
12-02-09, 09:40 PM
He'll think it's a self portrait :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Well you won't recognise him he goes to Stoneleigh this year, he's got a new wig. :mrgreen: ;) :D

fastco
13-02-09, 02:34 AM
Yep know what you mean Wilf.

Makes me smile all the reasons touted by Fastco that this engine croaked; I think we"ve all worked out the real reason now..

Pic # 2

as we can CLEARLY see the heat tab on the top / yours the centre of this heat tab is MELTED out... this is 100% proof this heat tab has seen engine operating temps ABOVE 255F ... WAY ABOVE SAFE operating engine tempeture... this is the reason for your DESTROYED engine bearings & wasted cam & lifters ect ect and THE ENGINE COOKED ITSELF TO DEATH...who cooked it only you know you or your bondo buddies....someone ran this engine above 255F... and FRY"D this engine.... Your engine damage IS NOT in anyway an engine assembly error as you state... This severe damage was caused by an SEVERLY overheated engine 100 % completely out of our controll as we all know... You Tony or someone who's worked on or driven your car has FRY'D that engine....this is a fact..not a guess not an idea or a maybe.. it is a clear proven fact.

Dr,Dee

TONY I'M NOT PLAY"N ANY GAME HERE THIS IS SERIOUS............ALL OUR ENGINES ARE LOADED WITH THESE HEAT TABS SINCE I"VE BEEN BUILDING ENGINE.... I DO NOT MENTION THESE TABS.... why shoulld i... we can ALL see how extreemly valuable these tabs can be...
You would not have noticed them LESS you knew they were there..... YOUR ENGINE WAS DESTROYED BY SEVERE OVERHEATING

wilf
13-02-09, 07:23 AM
Dee/doodoos/dork whatever - is your record stuck?

Have you not got the message yet?

Your credibilty is now measured in negative units, so anything you post will simply be disbelieved. This is purely down to you. No-one now believes a damm word you say, so why waste bandwidth?

If you won't answer the key points raised, (and of course, you won't because you can't) then please don't bother at all.

This whole episode should be in Marketing 101 as a horrible example of how not to provide customer service. And how to lose a whole market all by yourself.

Your competitors must be paying you.

dave
13-02-09, 07:31 AM
Daryl.
How is it that you never mentioned the heat tab before, when you were blaming the engine problems on the Bondo Boys?
Someone with your experience would have looked at the heat tabs as soon as the heads arrived back at your workshop/Car port.

Or had you run out of gas for your Blow Torch? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.blotorches.com/mini/minialco.jpg

snowball555
13-02-09, 08:27 AM
TONY I'M NOT PLAY"N ANY GAME HERE THIS IS SERIOUS............ALL OUR ENGINES ARE LOADED WITH THESE HEAT TABS SINCE I"VE BEEN BUILDING ENGINE.... I DO NOT MENTION THESE TABS.... why shoulld i... we can ALL see how extreemly valuable these tabs can be...
You would not have noticed them LESS you knew they were there..... YOUR ENGINE WAS DESTROYED BY SEVERE OVERHEATING

Im sure that in an earlier thread when asked why the DB engine didnt have heat tabs he said he didnt use them 4 years ago but now says hes been using them since he started building engines!

Martin

snowball555
13-02-09, 08:28 AM
[quote]

Im sure that in an earlier thread when asked why the DB engine didnt have heat tabs he said he didnt use them 4 years ago but now says hes been using them since he started building engines!

Martin

purge98
13-02-09, 05:50 PM
Sounds like more porkies to me. Oink oink Dr. Dee.

Like I said Dr. Dee (by the way...what in fact are you a Dr of?) Goodson produce a Warranty certificate that you give to the customer when using heat tabs.

Q: Why didn't you?
A: 'cos you didn't attach heat tabs.

Maybe Oink should be Quack?

Clarkson
13-02-09, 05:54 PM
Sounds like more porkies to me. Oink oink Dr. Dee.

Like I said Dr. Dee (by the way...what in fact are you a Dr of?) Goodson produce a Warranty certificate that you give to the customer when using heat tabs.

Q: Why didn't you?
A: 'cos you didn't attach heat tabs.

Maybe Oink should be Quack?

Maybe Smax forgot to fit them on this occasion:rolleyes:

fastco
14-02-09, 01:33 AM
Tony Downes statement....says it all in a nut shell
Tony Downes quote:
"yes it did overheat...... but WHEN did i say it"NEVER" overheated "

And proof of his OVER HEATED /FRY'D engine has been posted.... as in photos with heat tab i installed on Tony's head clearly shows.. Goodson heat tab center is melted out & confirms Tonys statement the engine WAS overheated & operated above 255F... destroying his engine........this is the bottom line again.

Dave B & Dave C..and others who have 0 to do with this issue & know 0 about the background of the long winded issue are just looking for something to say or sales or what ever controversy they can drum up... both sides of this issue have been presented by both parties concerned....

Regards Dr,Dee

dave
14-02-09, 01:58 AM
Tony Downes quote:

And proof of his OVER HEATED /FRY'D engine has been posted.... as in photos with heat tab i installed on Tony's head clearly shows.. Goodson heat tab center is melted out & confirms Tonys statement the engine WAS overheated & operated above 255F... destroying his engine........this is the bottom line again.

Dave B & Dave C..and others who have 0 to do with this issue & know 0 about the background of the long winded issue are just looking for something to say or sales or what ever controversy they can drum up... both sides of this issue have been presented by both parties concerned....

Regards Dr,Dee

Just trying to warn others of what to expect when they buy an engine from Fastco and it goes wrong.
Having used Fastco more engines that anyone else in the UK I am probably the most qualified person to to warn/inform others of what to expect.

Summary:
In my own experience. (And now finding out more of other peoples experiences) I can conclude that:-
Fastco wriggles and does whatever it takes, by foul means or fair, to pass all blame onto the customer, taking no responsibility for any of the engines failings even when proof is beyond doubt.
No apologies have been forth coming.
No offer of correction have been made.(RE: 4 bolt block)
No compensation offered.
And he calls that "Case Closed".

viperjim
14-02-09, 02:14 AM
Ok From The God Knows How Many Points Of View/ Threads Call Them What You Will The Engine In Question Wasnt What It Was Sold /advertised As , The Claimee Wasnt Satisfied With What He Spent His Hard Earned Money On , Dont Suppose He Will Ever Get It Back Either . Needless To Say Anybody Who Uses /browses This Forum Will Never Use Fastco / Dr Dre / Dr Death / Dr Dread Whatever He Calls Himself . So Can We Get Back To Getting My Viper On The Road Please , Cheers Jim

v8 capri
14-02-09, 07:57 AM
Tony Downes quote:

Regards Dr,Dee

no arse hole!! CASE ISNT CLOSED!!! case is closed when you admit that you are a lying slaaag!! you put them tabs on AFTER i shipped them back to you.. as i posted before both my mechanics and r/r gurus both stated they are 99% sure them tabs were not on engine, and i definatley DIDNT see them when i packaged them up, and guess what... they are not on new heads either?????? and as you stated, you ALWAYS put them on... LYING AGAIN!!! lets not all forget the countess other UNANSWERED ISSUES/LIES we/i are still waiting to hear him try and wriggle out of either!!:mad::mad::mad:

I AM NOT GOING AWAY DR DICK!!!!:mrgreen:

v8 capri
14-02-09, 08:09 AM
im also waiting for your thoughts on why my pistons dont show signs of "FRYING"!:confused::confused::confused:

wilf
14-02-09, 09:31 AM
Ok From The God Knows How Many Points Of View/ Threads Call Them What You Will The Engine In Question Wasnt What It Was Sold /advertised As , The Claimee Wasnt Satisfied With What He Spent His Hard Earned Money On , Dont Suppose He Will Ever Get It Back Either . Needless To Say Anybody Who Uses /browses This Forum Will Never Use Fastco / Dr Dre / Dr Death / Dr Dread Whatever He Calls Himself . So Can We Get Back To Getting My Viper On The Road Please , Cheers Jim

No problem Jim, but can you please stop capitalising the first letter of every word? It makes your posts v difficult to read - I think you need to change the font or something like that.

Tony - you never will get a straight answer out of Fastco. I guess you sadly know that by now. :( Just accept that it was all your fault......:twisted:

v8 capri
14-02-09, 11:55 AM
No problem Jim, but can you please stop capitalising the first letter of every word? It makes your posts v difficult to read - I think you need to change the font or something like that.

Tony - you never will get a straight answer out of Fastco. I guess you sadly know that by now. :( Just accept that it was all your fault......:twisted:

hi mate... yea i know i wont, but i aint gonna stop till EVERYBODY on the WWW, realise how much of a LYING, fraudulant, crack smoking trailer trash, long haired piece of shit he really is!:mrgreen::twisted:

Daxman
14-02-09, 12:26 PM
Hi Guys,

Have been following this thread, could someone explain the Smax/fastco relationship? the reason i ask is i have found the below site which is Smax, is this the smax we are all talking about?? The reason i ask is if this is the Smax that Dr didi doo doo, or what ever his name is, claims he has no relationship with, why is there a Fastco Automotive Engine(rocker covers give it away a bit) on his site. blimey i'm confused!!!!!

Smax Smith - Top Fuel Drag Racing Champion (http://www.smax.co.uk/parts-list.asp)

Russ

Clarkson
14-02-09, 12:43 PM
Hi Guys,

Have been following this thread, could someone explain the Smax/fastco relationship? the reason i ask is i have found the below site which is Smax, is this the smax we are all talking about?? The reason i ask is if this is the Smax that Dr didi doo doo, or what ever his name is, claims he has no relationship with, why is there a Fastco Automotive Engine(rocker covers give it away a bit) on his site. blimey i'm confused!!!!!

Smax Smith - Top Fuel Drag Racing Champion (http://www.smax.co.uk/parts-list.asp)

Russ

We are all confused M8!!:(:(

wilf
14-02-09, 01:42 PM
Yes, that is the Smax Smith in question.

Funny thing - that pic is also of a "4 bolt" chevy sb.......................

dave
14-02-09, 01:45 PM
We are all confused M8!!:(:(

I was never confused!
http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2006/12/37a_19_al_55_243x255.jpg
http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2006/12/37a_19_al_55_243x255.jpg

dave
14-02-09, 01:47 PM
hi mate... yea i know i wont, but i aint gonna stop till EVERYBODY on the WWW, realise how much of a LYING, fraudulant, crack smoking trailer trash, long haired piece of shit he really is!:mrgreen::twisted:

C'mon Tony, stick to the facts....

...His hair is not that long, it's just bushy.;)

wilf
14-02-09, 01:49 PM
Do you think maybe it has just been fryed?

dave
14-02-09, 01:52 PM
Do you think maybe it has just been fryed?

Get with the programme Wilf. It's "FRY'D" ;)

Clarkson
14-02-09, 02:37 PM
http://www.smax.co.uk/images/header-right1.jpg

http://www.smax.co.uk/images/shop-header.gif
All of the items on this page are for sale to help raise funds for this season's racing. If you're interested in any of these items, please contact Smax.
We are now shipping stuff on a regular basis & can air freight or ocean freight direct to our Fastco guy, Ben Heward, in Norwich ASAP! We've got plenty of stuff already in the UK at Ben's place, but some examples of our hardcore stuff can be seen below. All plus shipping of course: Just in......... FOR SALE
tfx forged hemi block with liners std deck 2 3/4 main
was ready to go but discovered 3 small cracks under main studs that need
repairing- make a good alky or nostalgia block 1200 gbpounds-block in uk
contact smax@smaxsmith.com
CHEVY 350 / 400+BHP engine all new SS or bracket race engine*

http://www.smax.co.uk/images/chevy350.jpgA fresh rebuilt Chevy 350 4 bolt main SS engine 400+ BHP full CNC
Chevy 4 bolt block .040 over ,decked & squared , line honed mains ,
CL-77 brg , brass frosts . GM crank 10/10 ground
GM X rods & E/W bolts full recon , Badger hyper pistons 10.4:1 comp .
Hasting moly race , Clevite 77 brg.
E/W USA hyd cam custom grind , TRW lifter , Rollmaster true roller chain
set , Crane lock plate , Kevko 6qt drag race pan ,Melling HV oil pump HV
pick up.
GM heavyweight heads 2.02 & 1.60 SS valves full CNC machined
with bronze guides ,3/8 ARP studs ,Miller roller tip rockers
Manton 4130forged pushrods, Power+ Hurricane intake 1500 to 7000 RPM
high rise single plane intake ,Quick Fuel USA race carb ,E/W custom HEI
dizzy ,Mega-Fire 8.5 mm wires , R&M looms ,FULL ALLY dress kit . MATES
THIS IS A TRUE LOAD & GO
ENGINE LOAD & LIGHT THIS BAD BOY.
see pics attached
already on its way to ben at fastco-uk

Its even worded like like Dr Death!!

Load this bad boy!!:rolleyes:

Clarkson
14-02-09, 02:40 PM
Dr Death, someone whispered in my ear today that you are related to Smax Smith????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????

Brother inlaw???:confused::confused::p

That would complete the hole story!!;)

v8 capri
14-02-09, 03:13 PM
Dr Death, someone whispered in my ear today that you are related to Smax Smith????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????

really:confused: now that is interesting:mrgreen:

v8 capri
14-02-09, 03:17 PM
C'mon Tony, stick to the facts....

...His hair is not that long, it's just bushy.;)

sorry all..... BUSHY!!:cool:

Clarkson
14-02-09, 04:30 PM
really:confused: now that is interesting:mrgreen:

I have been told on good authority!!;)

Clarkson
14-02-09, 04:35 PM
sorry all..... BUSHY!!:cool:

This is more like!;)

fastco
14-02-09, 06:37 PM
Well we've all seen how you are in regards to your posts here Tony... and your a HOT head...Right from the very begining...YOU had a intake issue.... that was EASILY corrected & was.. then you blamed the engine for severe vibration... this turned out to be FALSE.... You frig'n went off like a loose cannon about get F'd with the head issue / port leak.. and posted how you'd been F'd on CRC site WITHOUT fully discussing a solution with me personaly... then you call me and we talk.../ what YOU should have done in the 1st place... then i agree to EXHANGE heads for CNC ported heads @ and eat $1000 USD and ship free... THIS IS CUSTOMER SERVICE ... NO other company i know would have done this... They would have ONLY replaced the original heads that were supplied and NOT... sent a much more expensive heads as i did.
After this 1st round i'd seen how you can FLIP FLOP around.....and with all the info i was sent... in regards to your engine OVERHEATING & being WAY out'a tune....and the constant fig'n round with by NON qualified people / EXCEPT Crazy Horse..they are the ONLY ones that gave specs when i asked & LISTENED to me in regards to SETTINGS...
NO specs were EVER sent... by you or the bondo boys.. as i requested over & over again.

Before the heads were replaced the ONLY complaint you had was you wanted those heads replaced the car ran fine BUT you wanted heads replaced........Iafter all the e-mails and dealing with you... i had a STRONG feeling this would NOT be the last i'd heard... and this engine MAY have been damaged due to improper work & overheating
And i sat back and waited...and knew you would deny twist information and facts... as you've proven you do.. So i let you go on & on rant'n & rave'n till the you admitted YES the engine WAS overheated and posted you DID overheat this engine..Ofcouse i looked @ the heat tab on your head when they arrived & it was melted & proves the engine WAS overheated.... BUT i did NOT bring this information & proof forward soon as i saw the tab MELTED ...why should i have.
You Tony would have DENIED you EVER OVERHEATED THE ENGINE... THATS A FACT we can all see this is exactly what you would have done....RIGHT TONY.........The over heated proof was posted when you admitted you OVERHEATED the engine & admitted the photos were 100% your heads ....this way there was NO way you could deny the facts & proof i presented for all to see.... you admitted you overheated the engine & the photo of your head with heat tab melted backs up your statment 100%.... that engine was severly overheated .& f$@*##@d with over & over....

Dr.Dee

v8 capri
14-02-09, 06:40 PM
Well we've all seen how you are in regards to your posts here Tony... and your a HOT head...Right from the very begining...YOU had a intake issue.... that was EASILY corrected & was.. then you blamed the engine for severe vibration... this turned out to be FALSE.... You frig'n went off like a loose cannon about get F'd with the head issue / port leak.. and posted how you'd been F'd on CRC site WITHOUT fully discussing a solution with me personaly... then you call me and we talk.../ what YOU should have done in the 1st place... then i agree to EXHANGE heads for CNC ported heads @ and eat $1000 USD and ship free... THIS IS CUSTOMER SERVICE ... NO other company i know would have done this... They would have ONLY replaced the original heads that were supplied and NOT... sent a much more expensive heads as i did.
After this 1st round i'd seen how you can FLIP FLOP around.....and with all the info i was sent... in regards to your engine OVERHEATING & being WAY out'a tune....and the constant fig'n round with by NON qualified people / EXCEPT Crazy Horse..they are the ONLY ones that gave specs when i asked & LISTENED to me in regards to SETTINGS...
NO specs were EVER sent... by you or the bondo boys.. as i requested over & over again.

Before the heads were replaced the ONLY complaint you had was you wanted those heads replaced the car ran fine BUT you wanted heads replaced........Iafter all the e-mails and dealing with you... i had a STRONG feeling this would NOT be the last i'd heard... and this engine MAY have been damaged due to improper work & overheating
And i sat back and waited...and knew you would deny twist information and facts... as you've proven you do.. So i let you go on & on rant'n & rave'n till the you admitted YES the engine WAS overheated and posted you DID overheat this engine..Ofcouse i looked @ the heat tab on your head when they arrived & it was melted & proves the engine WAS overheated.... BUT i did NOT bring this information & proof forward soon as i saw the tab MELTED ...why should i have.
You Tony would have DENIED you EVER OVERHEATED THE ENGINE... THATS A FACT we can all see this is exactly what you would have done....RIGHT TONY.........The over heated proof was posted when you admitted you OVERHEATED the engine & admitted the photos were 100% your heads ....this way there was NO way you could deny the facts & proof i presented for all to see.... you admitted you overheated the engine & the photo of your head with heat tab melted backs up your statment 100%.... that engine was severly overheated .& f$@*##@d with over & over....

Dr.Dee

WHEN HAVE I EVER DENIED OVERHEATING YOU IDIOT???? WHY DONT MY PISTONS SHOW SIGNS OF FRYING?????????????????????????????

Purple AK
14-02-09, 07:09 PM
A search on ClubCobra says a lot! Fastco ??? - Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17717&highlight=fastco)

427 Fe - Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19303&highlight=fastco)

fastco
14-02-09, 07:40 PM
HARRY... are you live'n in time warp...worm hole... DATE 02 on form... NEVER sold the man/ dreamer an engine .. ....engine sold as it was advertized a TOP OILER 427FE to a nice fellow in N Dakota who was WELL pleased ....give it up Harry... this is the 3rd 4th time you'ver tried to post this story.

Clarkson
14-02-09, 07:40 PM

Mr Death, can you answer my question??;)

Purple AK
14-02-09, 07:52 PM

Dr.Dee

Of course you "had a STRONG feeling this would NOT be the last i'd heard..." Because sooner or later someone would tumble the fact that the engoine was NOT as Speced and Paid For! Your $1000for replacing the heads only came out of the extra profit you pocketed through under building the engine.

Purple AK
14-02-09, 09:20 PM
HARRY... are you live'n in time warp...worm hole... DATE 02 on form... NEVER sold the man/ dreamer an engine .. ....engine sold as it was advertized a TOP OILER 427FE to a nice fellow in N Dakota who was WELL pleased ....give it up Harry... this is the 3rd 4th time you'ver tried to post this story.

Just because it is 7 years old doesn't make it irrelavent! You tried to pull a fastone then and got caught! Nothing changes really!