PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Over Riders

VeeEight
23-02-09, 10:48 PM
Hi
Does anybody know a supplier for Stainless Steel Over Riders. My chrome ones have started to blister after 18 months.
Phil

Miket
23-02-09, 11:50 PM
Hi
Does anybody know a supplier for Stainless Steel Over Riders. My chrome ones have started to blister after 18 months.
Phil

Never heard of Stainless over riders, they shouldn't be pitting after 18 months, where they supplied by Brasscraft. :( :(

Mine from Autobrass are like new after 7 years.

VeeEight
24-02-09, 09:08 AM
Hi Mike

not 100% sure where they came from as they were bought by Magnum when they built the car. The screen came from them so there is a good chance the over riders did as well.
Seeing the other thread where the chrome has come away from the surface, it looks like Brasscraft ones are a problem.
Phil

Stevednorris
24-02-09, 09:23 AM
Hi
Phil
Hi Phil,

Europa do them,

https://www.europaspares.com/COBRA_SPARES/BRIGHTWORK/COBRA_OVER_RIDERS___POLISHED_STAINLESS_STEEL_2382. html

But I also think there is someone in this months Snaketorque mag advertising them quite a bit cheaper.

Stevednorris
24-02-09, 10:59 AM
Sorry, I'm at work at the moment, Snaketorque is at home. I've got a feeling it was S & J selling them cheaper.

VeeEight
24-02-09, 06:20 PM
Cheers Steve,

Rung S & J and they don't have any stock at the moment. Have ordered them from Europa.
Phil

Paul Warren
24-02-09, 06:36 PM
Hi Phil,

My overriders are from Brasscraft, they also pitted ater a couple of years. I have just had them rechromed 15, they are like new now. Chap who rechromed them said the chroming was very thin. My Windscreen surround is the same, in some places you can see the brass through the chrome. Poor show.