PDA

View Full Version : Pop quiz - identify this piece of carpet?!

pcoghlan
24-02-09, 06:31 PM
So I am trying to carpet the boot and think I have a piece left over from the cockpit?

Any takers on where this is from?

Paul

Simon R
24-02-09, 07:09 PM
So I am trying to carpet the boot and think I have a piece left over from the cockpit?

Any takers on where this is from?

Paul

Paul,

Does it have any trimmed/piped edges??

I've nearly fitted all my carpets (Mk4 body) and did not have a piece like this.

Are you sure it's not an offcut??:confused: I had loads of offcuts with my carpets - but then I did ask for them!

Not very helpful I admit:rolleyes:

pcoghlan
24-02-09, 07:31 PM
Simon, the lowest edge in the photo is trimmed. I doubt it is an off-cut but I suppose it could be. My best guess was the driver's side footwell bulkhead wall.

I will have a look this evening once back from the pub! What were the chances, I moved to a rural area only to find out my local is a British themed pub complete with sports channels etc! :-)

Stu J
24-02-09, 07:34 PM
A pre-entry door mat, without a doubt :rolleyes: ;)

pcoghlan
24-02-09, 07:40 PM
Thanks Stu, the word "WELCOME" is missing though...

Happy Jim
24-02-09, 09:09 PM
Paul,

It goes in the boot, Not sure if it's left or right but it's stuck on the side wall above fuel tank/next to leg of roll bar.

The other bits to the right of the indicated piece are the drivers and passengers footwell bulkhead pieces.

Cheers

Jim

pcoghlan
24-02-09, 09:11 PM
Cheers Jim, totally confused now!

I thought THOSE pieces were for the side wall above the fuel tank!

hmmm...OK in that case I have matching piece missing.

Paul

Simon R
24-02-09, 09:17 PM
Paul,

It goes in the boot, Not sure if it's left or right but it's stuck on the side wall above fuel tank/next to leg of roll bar.

The other bits to the right of the indicated piece are the drivers and passengers footwell bulkhead pieces.

Cheers

Jim

Ahhhhhh. Well spotted Jim. Just goes to show... turn it through 90 degrees and my simple brain can't recognise it.

Even more embarasing as it was in one of the photo's I posted earlier.

There's no smilie for Dumb Ass :rolleyes:

Simon