PDA

View Full Version : Welshpool Festival Of Transport

Lloyd Barnes
27-02-09, 06:59 PM
Anyone in the area planning to go to this or been before? Never been even though its about 5 miles from my front door. As its so close, and its free, I've booked my car in (good way to spur me on to get it completely finished), plus a friends just finished a restoration of a basket case 60's Lambretta that he fancies showing.

Welshpool Festival of Transport | Welshpool Festival of Transport (http://www.welshpoolfestivaloftransport.co.uk/)

Ian Lloyd
23-03-09, 08:12 PM
I went there three years ago just after I got my Sumo on the road. I was actually there flying hot air balloons but took the Cobra over for the run. The campers where not friendly on site when I arrived at 0600 and woke them up with the exhaust noise (music). There seemed a large turn out of military vehicles and suitably attired drivers, and lorries with only a few classic cars. I have not been since but did drive past last year in tin top and there appeared to be very few exhibits on site.

I will be interested to hear what you think if you make it.

Best wishes

Ian

Lloyd Barnes
31-03-09, 10:17 PM
I went there three years ago just after I got my Sumo on the road. I was actually there flying hot air balloons but took the Cobra over for the run. The campers where not friendly on site when I arrived at 0600 and woke them up with the exhaust noise (music). There seemed a large turn out of military vehicles and suitably attired drivers, and lorries with only a few classic cars. I have not been since but did drive past last year in tin top and there appeared to be very few exhibits on site.

I will be interested to hear what you think if you make it.

Best wishes

Ian

They won't be liking me and the boys then, we'll be staying over and dilligently supporting the beer tent until we get thrown out or fall over :mrgreen:

Looking at the past cars on show it only looks like a small regional show but its 10 miles from me and I need a deadline to work to! I'll let you know what its like

Chappy528
01-04-09, 09:13 AM
I'm about 30 miles away (Presteigne) and thought I might go. My local classic club (Knighton) usually send a contingent, but I wouldn't be interested in exhibiting. I did that once before and found it a real drag to be there before 10am and not allowed to leave before 5pm - I usually run out of things to do by 2pm and those last few hours really drag once you've seen everything of interest. Mind you, the Sealed Knot are usually a good laugh. Perhaps I'll see you there - you'll hear my approach!!

Lloyd Barnes
01-04-09, 04:03 PM
I'm about 30 miles away (Presteigne) and thought I might go. My local classic club (Knighton) usually send a contingent, but I wouldn't be interested in exhibiting. I did that once before and found it a real drag to be there before 10am and not allowed to leave before 5pm - I usually run out of things to do by 2pm and those last few hours really drag once you've seen everything of interest. Mind you, the Sealed Knot are usually a good laugh. Perhaps I'll see you there - you'll hear my approach!!

Hi Chappy, see you there. Taking the cobra then?

We'll be staying over even though I only live a few miles away so by 5pm we won't care. There'll be one major activity taking place and we'll not get tired of that until late in the evening! :mrgreen:

Chappy528
01-04-09, 04:32 PM
In that case I sincerely hope they have a beer tent - this is Wales you know!!

Lloyd Barnes
01-04-09, 04:41 PM
In that case I sincerely hope they have a beer tent - this is Wales you know!!

Like little boys scouts we'll be going well prepared!!!! :mrgreen:

Lloyd Barnes
22-06-09, 04:49 PM
Well, its not the most exciting event!! One very nice Shelby Mustang GT350 (replica) but not much else to get worked up about. Still beer mends many problems :mrgreen: Some pics.

Are there any meets/runs planned in Central/North Wales this year? Car should be registered in a couple of weeks so would be nice to meet up with some owners in the area.

Chappy528
22-06-09, 05:34 PM
I forgot all about it - sorry not to have come and met you.

Well, its not the most exciting event!! One very nice Shelby Mustang GT350 (replica) but not much else to get worked up about. Still beer mends many problems :mrgreen: Some pics.

Are there any meets/runs planned in Central/North Wales this year? Car should be registered in a couple of weeks so would be nice to meet up with some owners in the area.

Lloyd Barnes
22-06-09, 05:43 PM
I forgot all about it - sorry not to have come and met you.

You didn't miss an awful lot! The show was badly organised, and quiet on the Saturday although a bit better on the Sunday.

Nice people up on the camping ground though, good job, we were up for a bit! We even had the pleasure of recovering one of the landrovers from the 4 x 4 Recovery Club on our car trailer, few red faces amongst them :mrgreen:

janandchris
28-06-09, 03:49 AM
Hi....

There's this one...

CLWYD PRACTICAL CLASSICS
ANNUAL CLASSIC CAR SHOW
SUNDAY 12th. JULY 2009
AT BARLOW’S CARAVAN PARK
CAERWYS, Nr. MOLD, FLINTSHIRE
Signposted from the A55 (exit 31) or A541 at the Caerwys Junctions

Latst years show pics here....

Caerwys Show 2008 (http://www.clwydpracticalclassics.co.uk/photos/caerwyscarshow2008/index.html)

madjohnny
28-06-09, 09:40 PM
Saw this in the local rag also:

Rotary Charity Motor Show (http://www.frodshamhelsbyrotary.org.uk/) 2009
Frodsham Comunity Centre, Fluin Lane, Cheshire WA6 7QN.

Classic, American, Custom/Mod'd & special Interest vehicles.
Sat/Sun 1/2nd Aug

Admin £3.50 adults, kids free.

No idea what it's like but not too far from me so may pop
down and take a look.

Lloyd Barnes
04-07-09, 08:43 AM
Forgot to mention. I met a bloke at the show (the one with the mint red 350GT Mustang replica). He said he had a part built Magnum which he was thinking of getting rid of.

I said I'd post a note up here, then promptly forgot to take his number :rolleyes: I'll probably see him at the Oswestry show in a month so if anyones interested I'll get some more details then.