PDA

View Full Version : V12 DAX on Pistonheads

simon
07-03-09, 07:26 AM
Nice looking car, but sadly incorrectly registered.

"BASED ON A 1973 DAIMLER DOUBLE SIX CHASSIS " HHHHMMMMMMM!

If anyone on here decides to go and look at it, beware the seller thinks it doesn't need to be re-registered and if you want it re-registered, it only takes 2 weeks!!!!!

"it is registered as daimler as this is what what was used as the basis for its concourse build all the vehicles that are registered as dax cobra on the logbooks are not originally dax cobras as they are all based on something else and thus have reapplied to dvla to have the vehicle changed on the logbook if this is your requirement then this could be done in 2 weeks however most would much prefer the original chassis engine no and registration to be as it was intended ie on the logbook"

I think he may be slightly out of date with his info.

LEGENDS CLASSICS AND PRESTIGE : DAX TOJEIRO COBRA V12 JAGUAR (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/927783.htm)

Miket
07-03-09, 11:26 AM
Wow, I must have that, it's got a boot rack. ;) ;) :D :D

Lloyd Barnes
07-03-09, 01:30 PM
Upper seat belt mountings look a little low!!! Not sure how well they would work if the worst happened? :shock:

TINKA
07-03-09, 02:16 PM
Upper seat belt mountings look a little low!!! Not sure how well they would work if the worst happened? :shock:

I agree far too low seams to be quite a few things that need attention on this car. :confused:

cobraeddie
07-03-09, 02:27 PM
"GEARBOX- GETRAG 5 SPEED HIGH RESOLUTION HIGH TORQUE UNIT"

What is this all about?

Mark

wilf
07-03-09, 05:33 PM
Must be one of them HD-ready Getrags.

I think the guy who wrote the advert was once an estate agent.

24 grand? Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha. Chancer.

VeeEight
07-03-09, 09:40 PM
I just have a slight feeling that it's not going to sell very quickly unless he brings the price down to about 10,000.00
Phil

slogger
07-03-09, 11:55 PM
24k is a laugh.
Seat belt mounts are standard for the early Dax cars.
Simon what makes you think that it needs re-registering? What is the full description on the V5?:confused:

kurrmet
08-03-09, 05:16 PM
I agree far too low seams to be quite a few things that need attention on this car. :confused:
Tinka

Standard position on early Dax, this is where mine are. I agree it could hurt in accident but there are many other items that are going to hurt in an accident like the steering wheel (pre SVA on steering column) :oops:

TINKA
08-03-09, 06:54 PM
Tinka

Standard position on early Dax, this is where mine are. I agree it could hurt in accident but there are many other items that are going to hurt in an accident like the steering wheel (pre SVA on steering column) :oops:

The point about anchoring the belts that low is not just that it will hurt but it might brake your back, sorry but this is something that would be very high on my mod list :(

craggle
08-03-09, 08:47 PM
According to the DVLA it's still a Daimler. Wouldn't be too happy about that and it may need an IVA to get it registered as a Dax. It might be worth that price with a Chevy or Ford V8 but not with the V12 in it.
I think Dax sell bolt on seat belt towers to raise them into the new, higher position.

Craig.

The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for NKY 718M are:

Date of Liability 01 11 2008
Date of First Registration 01 10 1973
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 5343CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval null
This vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration Certificate
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate 101.75
12 Months Rate 185.00

slogger
09-03-09, 12:50 AM
According to the DVLA it's still a Daimler. Wouldn't be too happy about that and it may need an IVA to get it registered as a Dax. It might be worth that price with a Chevy or Ford V8 but not with the V12 in it.
I think Dax sell bolt on seat belt towers to raise them into the new, higher position.

Craig.

The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for NKY 718M are:

Date of Liability 01 11 2008
Date of First Registration 01 10 1973
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 5343CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval null
This vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration Certificate
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate 101.75
12 Months Rate 185.00

...................but what is the full description on the V5??

A lot of the old cars still have Jaguar etc on the reg document. Mine is listed as a Jaguar Daxtojeiro and the VRO guys + the dvla were happy when I enquired all those yours ago.

The law states that the V5 must have an accurate description of the vehicle. This is more accurate than Cobra as our cars are not Cobras. Ask Mr Shelby!