PDA

View Full Version : Mesh or Pheasant?

BrettG
16-03-09, 10:07 PM
I love the look of the alloy rad and dont like the whole mesh look. Neither do i want my new rad decorated with a big pheasants arse emblem or smashed by stones. What is everyone else doing, risking it for looks or is there a good looking solution out there? Has anyone lost a rad through road kill? Or should i say how many of you?

slogger
16-03-09, 10:18 PM
I love the look of the alloy rad and dont like the whole mesh look. Neither do i want my new rad decorated with a big pheasants arse emblem or smashed by stones. What is everyone else doing, risking it for looks or is there a good looking solution out there? Has anyone lost a rad through road kill? Or should i say how many of you?

Never lost my rad on the Dax to road kill but did on a Fiesta XR2. A Starling got under the front edge of the bonnet and it's beak stuffed a rad core!:(

The Dax rad is copper and brass, not ally, and I have a course grill made from steel with slots about 6" x 4" with my fans mounted from it. Most things would have been finely sliced.

chedz
16-03-09, 10:21 PM
I saw Noel has a mesh fitted, not in the nose but on brackets further back, this protects the rad and can barely been seen. I plan top copy this sometime soon.

cheers

JonnyT
16-03-09, 10:31 PM
I did some research on this as it seems an obvious cause for problems. However, after asking on here I could find no-one who had lost a radiator through this and so I'm taking the risk as I don't like the look of the mesh. Was pretty surprised though.

dingocooke
16-03-09, 10:39 PM
a stone ir the most likely cause of a holed rad, followed by grounding out followed by a kenlowe hanging on those plastic screw things!!

madjohnny
17-03-09, 12:27 AM
Personally don't like the mesh look either so I just take the risk!