PDA

View Full Version : April club run

Paul B
20-03-09, 03:46 PM
I know it's a bit early but we are arranging a club run on Sunday 19th April starting in Chippenham and ending near Warminster with the route taking in a diverse number of road types i.e. A roads, B roads and some not quite so grand, and crossing Salisbury Plain as well as passing several well known monuments.

The attached .pdf gives the route and start time etc.

Anyone want to come along, will be more than welcome.

See you there.

Paul

Dixie
13-04-09, 06:12 PM
Hi Paul.

I believe all 3 of us are going. That is JamieM, Hairysanta and Dixie. Will meet in Chippenham.

the rock doc
14-04-09, 03:44 AM
I know it's a bit early but we are arranging a club run on Sunday 19th April starting in Chippenham and ending near Warminster with the route taking in a diverse number of road types i.e. A roads, B roads and some not quite so grand, and crossing Salisbury Plain as well as passing several well known monuments.

Paul

Hey Paul, have you just pinched one of my runs and doing it backwards? :twisted:

Remember to bring your passport with you as we don't let anybody in.

Won't be there as I have to work in the 35 degree sun. Tough life isn't it. 8-)

See you in August.

Paul B
14-04-09, 08:08 AM
Hi Rob

Don't get sunburned.....git !

I tried to find some of your old runs but couldn't so made it up. Shame you can't come but will be good to see some new faces. As well as the guys in the reply above, Tony Searle from Yate will also be coming for his first meet with us.

Of course, it is all weather dependent I just hope it is half as good as the Easter weekend.

See you soon.

Paul

the rock doc
14-04-09, 10:07 AM
Don't get sunburned.....git !

Did that last week when Maureen came over for the week and we stayed at the Sheraton.

Just off for a lunchtime walk along the Corniche as its only 30 degrees. :cool:

By the way, the hill on the right is called Silbury. :mrgreen:

Cheers

Paul B
14-04-09, 12:50 PM
By the way, the hill on the right is called Silbury. :mrgreen:

Cheers

Yes, I twigged that this morning when re-reading the route instructions :)

Cheers

Paul

Safetyspice
14-04-09, 01:53 PM
Guys,

I am new to the area, hoping to tag along on Sunday, obviously if the weather allows, only a fine weather driver, hate having "cobra dirvers knee"

Regards
Garry

Purple AK
14-04-09, 08:35 PM
Guys,

I am new to the area, hoping to tag along on Sunday, obviously if the weather allows, only a fine weather driver, hate having "cobra dirvers knee"

Regards
Garry
Ah.... "Cobra Knee" There is a Cure without resorting to the NHS ;)
http://www.ebrookes.co.uk/c/1208/Wet-Gear.html

Paul B
15-04-09, 01:27 PM
Hi Guys

The more the merrier !

I have booked some decent weather but I am a little unsure whether (sic) it will be delivered when we need it !

Please download and print your own copy of the route just to ensure you have a copy. I am not so sure that we will all be able to keep together all the time and I woud hate to lose anyone. I will be trying to stop at certain points to allow everyone to catch up and may be some good opportunities for group photo's.

See you on Sunday.

Paul

Dixie
19-04-09, 10:34 PM
Thanks to Paul B for organising a lovely day out, his request for good weather seems to have worked with glorious weather through out the 164 mile round trip from Shepton Mallet into Chippenham on to Avebury to Warminster to Longlete back to Shepton.

Only down side is my sun burnt head.

Thanks for the company.

I was also asked for NE Motors at Ditchet number:- 01749 860123 they are a Webber distributor, and have a rolling road.

Mark

Safetyspice
28-04-09, 12:50 PM
It was great to meet you all on last week. We had a fantastic time, the best day out we have had in the car so far. Cant wait for the next time.

Regards
Garry

Paul B
28-04-09, 06:07 PM
Hi Guys

It was good to meet so many new guys on a run !

The weather certainly helped though, didn't it :)

Look forward to meeting you all again sometime soon.

Regards

Paul