PDA

View Full Version : brit

badcob
31-03-09, 08:23 PM
acording to my last list there seems to be a meet at the brit this sunday anyone going

David Large
31-03-09, 08:24 PM
I will if it is happening.

David

cobrageoff
01-04-09, 03:48 PM
So will i, David, as i have the car back from Dennis. Yippee!

Give it a nice little run, to give it a shake down.

What time is it on.?

Shall we call up the troops,once its confirmed it 's on ?

badcob
01-04-09, 07:10 PM
these meets start about 11-00 am and go on to about 3-oo pm

RCCob
01-04-09, 07:46 PM
Hi Guys, if the weather is good I wouldn't mind coming out for a spin, I would need some directions tho.

Russ

badcob
01-04-09, 08:03 PM
m42 to redditch turn off at the a435 head towards brum when you reach beckits farm shop and reatruant turn left follow the road till the island turn left through gates and your there

RCCob
01-04-09, 08:45 PM
m42 to redditch turn off at the a435 head towards brum when you reach beckits farm shop and reatruant turn left follow the road till the island turn left through gates and your there

Cheers:p will see you all there weather permitting.

Russ

David Large
01-04-09, 10:02 PM
I am being told it is cancelled. Is there any way of checking?

David

badcob
01-04-09, 11:20 PM
I will try phoning Andrew the organiser tomorow

badcob
02-04-09, 09:16 PM
I spoke to Andrew the organiser of the car meets at the brit and the moat house and he told me that health and safety people have shut him down .He neads to have all sorts of insurence for liability which he does not have .So i would like to say a big thank you to Andrew Lyndon for all the past events he has organised and hope to see him around.So no more big car meets.

oldcobber
02-04-09, 10:30 PM
Hi mate,

Would not of made the Brit anyway (no tax yet and a free meal else where), but does that apply to the Moat House as well?

Bob:(

Purple AK
02-04-09, 10:46 PM
I spoke to Andrew the organiser of the car meets at the brit and the moat house and he told me that health and safety people have shut him down .He neads to have all sorts of insurence for liability which he does not have .So i would like to say a big thank you to Andrew Lyndon for all the past events he has organised and hope to see him around.So no more big car meets.
Is this a meeting of drivers in a public place where the public are not charged entry? If so there is no need for PL insurance as the public are covered by individual drivers policies should they be careless enough to be injured!!!

badcob
02-04-09, 11:02 PM
the one meet is in the grounds of an insurence company and the health and safety people did not like all the unfenced ponds and streams as for the moat house pub i think he does not want the hassel of possible complaints.

Miket
02-04-09, 11:06 PM
Why don't you just organise a meet at another Pub :confused: :confused: :confused:

kurrmet
03-04-09, 04:42 AM
Health and safety strike again :mad: yet a nother group of kill joys. This event has run more many years and NEVER had any problems but because something does not meet his tick sheet H & S force a good well supported event to stop.

No wonder i spend most of my time out of this crazy country:twisted::twisted:

I will now and take my tablets and calm dowm.

David Large
03-04-09, 06:10 AM
Why don't you just organise a meet at another Pub :confused: :confused: :confused:

Precisely, we could meet at the Black Boy anyway at 12 o clock?

David

David Large
03-04-09, 06:11 AM
Precisely, we could meet at the Black Boy anyway at 12 o clock?

David

I assume this pub is still called the Black Boy????????????

badcob
03-04-09, 08:07 PM
sounds like a good idea.

David Large
03-04-09, 10:20 PM
I will see you there then. We can always go on somewhere else as well.

David

David Large
04-04-09, 03:45 PM
I think there may be a change of plan involving us going to Cannock area instead on Sunday. Are you interested in this Badcob?

There could be 3 or 4 cars.

David

RCCob
04-04-09, 05:05 PM
Hi Guys, whats happening with the meet on Sunday??

Russ

David Large
04-04-09, 05:49 PM
We are planning to meet at Marks house in Hednesford at midday and then just go out for a bit of a ride for an hour or so.
I know it is a late change of plan but there we are.

Call me if you want Marks address.

Cheers

David

RCCob
04-04-09, 06:39 PM
We are planning to meet at Marks house in Hednesford at midday and then just go out for a bit of a ride for an hour or so.
I know it is a late change of plan but there we are.

Call me if you want Marks address.

Cheers

David

Sounds good to me, can you text the address for me:-D

Russ

David Large
04-04-09, 07:17 PM
Badcob

You have a PM

David

badcob
04-04-09, 09:30 PM
sorry i will not be able to make any meets tomorrow

tonym
05-04-09, 09:49 AM
Well, Sarge and I was going to meet you all at the BlackBoy today but I see you changed the meet to somewhere secret, how do I get the WestMids secret decoder ring that enables me to find you all:confused::confused: :mrgreen:

Have a good blast Gents, I think we'll head off to Rutland water now so if anyone's heading that way keep an ear open for us 8)

David Large
06-04-09, 06:55 AM
Sorry about this Tony.
To suit one of our guys we went north instead of south. This was not a regional meeting anyway just 4 cars from the Walsall Wanderers group. We had a great run around Derbyshire and you would have been very welcome to join us of course.

Regards

David

TonyD
06-04-09, 09:42 AM
Amidst all the recriminations would it be inapropriate for me to point out that according to the events calender the April West Mids meeting is at the Black Boy on Sunday the 12th April....

Cheers,

Tony:mrgreen:

David Large
06-04-09, 12:59 PM
Absolutely fine old chap.

DL

tonym
06-04-09, 08:24 PM
Amidst all the recriminations would it be inapropriate for me to point out that according to the events calender the April West Mids meeting is at the Black Boy on Sunday the 12th April....

Cheers,

Tony:mrgreen:

Mmmm, Sarge and I went to a blackboy meet either last month or the month before, we spoke to Kurmett on the phone first, turned up and were the only people there, :roll:

oldcobber
06-04-09, 09:11 PM
Ahhh, next Sunday.

Tax and some sunshine. hope to see you all there.

Bob:)

kurrmet
08-04-09, 09:31 AM

Hi Badcob

I have spoken to Andrew on sunday and at present the meeting has moved to the Rose & Crown pub at the top of gorcott hill (next to Junc3 M42) He is looking for a more suitable location to move to in the near future so we will need to keep our ear to the ground.

If anyone local has any ideas he would be more than happy to hear from you :D:D

kurrmet
08-04-09, 09:38 AM
Mmmm, Sarge and I went to a blackboy meet either last month or the month before, we spoke to Kurmett on the phone first, turned up and were the only people there, :roll:

Many thanks for your support in attending our meeting Tony and sarge,

But I am sure that you aware of my work sitution and that has to come first :(, as this is what pays for the toys we enjoy. please remember I have only spent about 18 days in this country this year.

I am more than happy for someone else to step up and organise meetings who may have more time.

tonym
08-04-09, 09:46 AM
Many thanks for your support in attending our meeting Tony and sarge,

But I am sure that you aware of my work sitution and that has to come first :(, as this is what pays for the toys we enjoy. please remember I have only spent about 18 days in this country this year.

I am more than happy for someone else to step up and organise meetings who may have more time.

That wasn't a dig at you Iain as you said on the phone that you were on the way to the airport and probably wouldn't make it. I mentioned that I'd spoken to you purely so I didn't get the "you went the wrong day" comments. Appologies if I've offended you mate.

badcob
08-04-09, 03:52 PM
m.o.ted and taxed and will see you there on sunday.

David Large
08-04-09, 04:33 PM
I am very unlikely to be there on Sunday - family commitment; probably.

David

David Large
08-04-09, 06:32 PM
But maybe I can come, I would need to leave at say 2/00pm ish.
Any other Walsall Wanderers up for this?

David

RCCob
08-04-09, 09:45 PM
But maybe I can come, I would need to leave at say 2/00pm ish.
Any other Walsall Wanderers up for this?

David

Hi David, Just might come over and say hi to every one;) That is so long as the work to the kitchen doesn't stop me. Hope to see you all Sunday.

Russ

cobrageoff
09-04-09, 12:14 PM
Sorry Dave, cannot make it Sunday, Already booked up.

Might go to Weston Park on the Monday, weather permitting for the Festival of Transport.

Not booked in, but Steve is, will know more later in week.

TonyD
09-04-09, 01:41 PM
Regular readers will be delighted to learn that Bodger and Blagger are planning to attend in the Lexus support vehicle....Curry burns and hangovers permitting of course.

Cheers,

Tony:D

David Large
09-04-09, 01:42 PM
That's the entertainment sorted then!

DL

David Large
12-04-09, 06:32 AM
Loook like there are 5 cars going to the Black Boy from the Walsall Wanderers group.

See you there.

David

RCCob
12-04-09, 08:51 AM
Loook like there are 5 cars going to the Black Boy from the Walsall Wanderers group.

See you there.

David

Hi Dave,what time are you guys setting out for the Black Boy?

David Large
12-04-09, 08:53 AM
Russ,

We are leaving my house at 11/30am.

Stooge around at The Black Boy till say 1/30 and then take a long route home. That is my rough plan.

David

RCCob
12-04-09, 08:57 AM
Russ,

We are leaving my house at 11/30am.

Stooge around at The Black Boy till say 1/30 and then take a long route home. That is my rough plan.

David

OK we will see you at yours 11.30ish, is mark coming down today?

David Large
12-04-09, 08:58 AM
Yes, Mark is going to be coming to my house.

David

RCCob
12-04-09, 09:06 AM
Yes, Mark is going to be coming to my house.

David

Dave, can you ask Mark what time he is leaving and we will drive over with him if thats ok.