PDA

View Full Version : That's Embarrassing

Noel
08-04-09, 05:14 PM
Been having some problems with my Optima battery not being able to start my car sometimes, had to call out the RAC last Friday whilst stranded down in Paignton, who bump started me and then promptly condemned the battery after testing it, they said that if I now called them out again for the same problem they would charge me!!

Anyway the battery is under g'tee still so informed the suppliers who were very helpful and directed me to take it to the distributors who are close by just down in Guildford. Dropped it off there yesterday and they charged and tested it overnight and all seems OK :confused: They then asked if I could get the Cobra down to them so that they could carry out some more testing in the car. Robbed a battery out of the Land Rover and off I went this afternoon. Pulled up outside and then hordes of people came out of the office next door to have a look and ask me loads of questions. To cut a long story short, I've still got the old battery and as I was driving away there are even more people standing in the windows of the office next door as I start it up, it was then that I noticed plastered all over the windows...............

It's the Top Gear Office :oops::oops::oops:

nikbj68
08-04-09, 06:58 PM
Been having some problems with my Optima battery...the RAC...said that if I now called them out again for the same problem they would charge me!!

Well, that`s a good thing for a dead battery, isn`t it? :p:rolleyes:

So when do you give Stig the keys then? :mrgreen:

jonny m
08-04-09, 09:22 PM
So when do you give Stig the keys then? :mrgreen:

Straw poll...after all the hours you spent building it, would you risk handing the keys over to Clarkesons mob ?

Imagine if the Stig came back and said it was worse than the 'resasonably priced car'

nikbj68
08-04-09, 10:12 PM
Straw poll...after all the hours you spent building it, would you risk handing the keys over to Clarkesons mob ?
Remembering that that is partly how Perry McCarthy lost his black Stigship, after he caused thousands of pounds`worth of damage to the Duncan Hamilton C-Type. :twisted::rolleyes:

Imagine if the Stig came back and said it was worse than the 'reasonably priced car'
NOOOOOOOOOOO :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Noel
08-04-09, 10:16 PM

Imagine if the Stig came back and said it was worse than the 'resasonably priced car'

I'd jack it all in on the spot :D:D

Geezer
09-04-09, 10:12 PM
Been having some problems with my Optima battery not being able to start my car sometimes, had to call out the RAC last Friday whilst stranded down in Paignton, who bump started me and then promptly condemned the battery after testing it, they said that if I now called them out again for the same problem they would charge me!!

Anyway the battery is under g'tee still so informed the suppliers who were very helpful and directed me to take it to the distributors who are close by just down in Guildford. Dropped it off there yesterday and they charged and tested it overnight and all seems OK :confused: They then asked if I could get the Cobra down to them so that they could carry out some more testing in the car. Robbed a battery out of the Land Rover and off I went this afternoon. Pulled up outside and then hordes of people came out of the office next door to have a look and ask me loads of questions. To cut a long story short, I've still got the old battery and as I was driving away there are even more people standing in the windows of the office next door as I start it up, it was then that I noticed plastered all over the windows...............

It's the Top Gear Office :oops::oops::oops:

HeHe...

With your new lump perhaps you should invest in one of these, I'm sure you could drop it to 12v...:mrgreen:

StartPac by RotorCraft Enterprises - StartPac Aviation Batteries (http://www.startpac.com/hybrid.php)

Pete