23-04-09, 04:31 PM
Sunday 3rd May :mrgreen:

Lakeview Manor
Dunkeswell
Honiton
Devon
EX14 4SH

01404-891287

www.lakeviewmanor.co.uk (http://www.lakeviewmanor.co.uk)

Plan to arrive somewhere between 11am and 12 noon. Food starts at 12 noon and there are various menu choices, no carvery though.
I have given them a rough idea of numbers, but we could help them out a bit if we could be a tad more accurate.;)
Chris will be sending an email about the meet, so if you could reply to him if you are coming it would be most helpful.

There are a couple of ways to find the place, but one is better for our type of car, so I will drive the route tomorrow and post precise directions here in the evening.:-D

As normal, all are welcome, Cobra or no Cobra (no Aston Martins please:twisted:), South West members or any passers by....

Hope to see you all there!

Neil

Purple AK
23-04-09, 04:43 PM
No Stoneleigh for you then Neil?

Neil O
23-04-09, 09:01 PM
No Stoneleigh for you then Neil?

Don't rub it in. :(

Purple AK
23-04-09, 09:08 PM
Don't rub it in. :(
We'll Miss You! No chance of Monday either then?

Neil O
23-04-09, 09:12 PM
We'll Miss You! No chance of Monday either then?
Didn't you hear me the first time? :(

Silverstone is looking good though, I might even offer the old fart himself a lift.;)

Chimeara
24-04-09, 06:27 AM
Looks like a good meet Neil, Il try and get there but was hoping to get to Stoneleigh myself. Looks like a whole weekend of cobra related things could cost me dear.

Neil have posted invoices matey you should have them soon.

Neil O
24-04-09, 09:03 AM

Lakeview Manor
Dunkeswell
Honiton
Devon
EX14 4SH

01404-891287

www.lakeviewmanor.co.uk (http://www.lakeviewmanor.co.uk/)

Plan to arrive somewhere between 11am and 12 noon. Food starts at 12 noon and there are various menu choices, no carvery though.
I have given them a rough idea of numbers, but we could help them out a bit if we could be a tad more accurate.:wink:
Chris will be sending an email about the meet, so if you could reply to him if you are coming it would be most helpful.

There are a couple of ways to find the place, but one is better for our type of car, so I will drive the route tomorrow and post precise directions here in the evening.:grin:

As normal, all are welcome, Cobra or no Cobra (no Aston Martins please:twisted:), South West members or any passers by....

Neil

Directions;

From the A30 (eastbound), take the exit for Dorchester just east of Honiton. On the slip road take the right turn for Combe Raleigh/Dunkeswell. 2.8 miles from here, Limers Cross, keep right heading for Smeatharpe (not Dunkeswell on left).
2 miles further turn left to Dunkeswell (signed for Lakeview Manor). Go steady here, it's a country lane. Lakeview is half a mile along this road on the right, you can't miss it.

If you happen to turn left at Limers Cross (which would be pretty daft really because you have been told not to:rolleyes:) then carry on along that road until you reach Percy Cross (1.6 miles). Turn right here, signed for Fishponds House.
Lakeview is about a mile along this road on your left. This road is also a country lane.

From the A30 (westbound) you need to come off at the Honiton turning and head back on yourself as though you are going back onto the A30 in the other direction. You will then find the turning off the slip road.

So there you have it. You can get to it either way, but the first route has a shorter length of narrow road at the end.:-D

I've out the whole info back here so it's in one place.:mrgreen:

snakebite
24-04-09, 12:04 PM

Neil

.............off!

andy l
24-04-09, 09:36 PM
Hi Neil, thanks for the directions, hope to see you all, Andy :D

Neil O
27-04-09, 12:57 PM
.............off!

What no smiley? :(:cry:

Ok, just one Aston allowed. Only because it's you though.;):mrgreen:

westborne
30-04-09, 06:30 AM
'Ere Snakebite

How do you know its so smooth and economical ? - it ain't moved for 6 months !!!

See you Sunday ?

Neil O
01-05-09, 11:33 AM
I think, maybe, he's not talking to you now Chris.:(

Can't think why though....;)

snakebite
01-05-09, 12:15 PM
'Ere Snakebite

How do you know its so smooth and economical ? - it ain't moved for 6 months !!!

See you Sunday ?

Eh!.....of course its economical......haven't used any fuel for 6 months and as for being smooth ;) As for Sunday will hopefully make it......looks a nice place:-D

stu e
03-05-09, 08:38 AM
Had a change of plans. Anyone meeting up west of Exeter?

Chimeara
03-05-09, 02:01 PM
Good day had by all, well done Neil for organising a great venue. Off to repair bonnet fixings and chuck sat nav in the bin.

See you all again soon

stu e
03-05-09, 06:36 PM
Another excellent meet, just wish I'd printed the directions. At least I wasn't the only one to get lost:-D. I knew something was wrong when I met Anthony on the wrong road going in the opposite direction:mrgreen:.

Stu.

westborne
05-05-09, 08:43 AM
I have to thank Neil and Karen.

Great little location

(Once we found it) Stu and Ant - Sat Nav kings !!!!

Tim Woodman was OK - he had a map !!!

1973 Holden Minaro - belonging to Head Chef .

Pictures to follow.

Who was the Volks Passat Estate flashing behind me and Neil from Honiton to Awliscombe ?