PDA

View Full Version : SVA Fail

Lloyd Barnes
24-04-09, 04:54 PM
Well, had my SVA in Shrewsbury this morning. Failed although I'm still pretty happy.

Exhausts too loud at 104db :mrgreen:
Few minor radius issues on fuel filler recess, gearlever, centre of screen top
More info on brake hose from reservoir to master cyl

Pretty happy with that. Now to take it apart over the weekend ready for paint Monday. Back for restest and hopefully on the road for end of May!! :razz:

Tester was brilliant, explained at the beginning that he thought it was too loud so tested that first to get it out of the way. Fixed loads of stuff there, (did some of it himself) Better yet they even got in the bacon butties!! Enjoyed the experience in the end.

You have to feel for them about the IVA test. He said that changes were being made right up to the death, and that the manual was in print at the moment so the testers haven't yet had chance to digest it (although some have been involved in advising about it).

Busy weekend ahead but well pleased (and relieved!) with the result.

Iain
24-04-09, 06:41 PM
Glad to hear that it's nothing major. Get the retest out of the way and stroll on summer! :mrgreen:

Purple AK
24-04-09, 06:42 PM
All in all, a result Lloyd ;) Nothing major too sort out :cool: Well Done

andicole0
24-04-09, 10:10 PM
Doesn't sound anything major should be a simple retest, what will you have to do to make it quieter?

Also what extra info are they looking for for the reservoir pipes?

Andi.

andy l
24-04-09, 10:26 PM
well done Lloyd, not to much to sort, did you not have the letter from dax for the pipework ? best of luck with the retest, all the best, Andy :)

383 stroker
24-04-09, 10:57 PM
[quote=Lloyd Barnes;302374]Well, had my SVA in Shrewsbury this morning. Failed although I'm still pretty happy.

Exhausts too loud at 104db :mrgreen:
Few minor radius issues on fuel filler recess, gearlever, centre of screen top
More info on brake hose from reservoir to master cyl

Sorry to hear you didn't quite make it but you're so close.

Exhaust ....packing too tight/too loose or not enough/too much? guess it's on the 2 inch baffles?

Radii are generally easy to deal with in those areas, rubbing/filler for the fuel recess, gear knob cheap to change (a round one!), centre of screen ..i guess you mean the slot on top filled mine with clear silicone and smoothed off.

Several good places will supply printed hose or get the original supplier to supply a spec sheet with copy of invoice ( better to have printed hose).

should be no prob for you to pass next time. Well done and good luck.

Lloyd Barnes
25-04-09, 09:27 AM
Thanks all, well pleased.

The pipes are from Gary at Sidepipes and are repackable so I guess I'll open them up and stuff more wadding in them? I think I messed up a bit on the max power RPM so I ended up being tested at 4100 rpm. Think thats quite high? I'm actually pleased in some ways as it was damned loud when I drove it over there!! Fun for a few miles but would get pretty wearing after a bit

He told me what to do on all the radia fails, all of them easy enough. The reservoir pipe was from Merlin, I'd taken the receipt plus a spec sheet they sent me but daftly hadn't looked in detail at the spec sheet. They'd given me the wrong one! :oops:

Couldn't have done it without all the help from you guys on here so a big thanks for that. Taking it to 7Indulgence Monday then naffing off on hols for two weeks. Can't wait to see it in paint!! :razz:

andicole0
25-04-09, 07:52 PM
I was gong to meet up with you Lloyd but we'll be doing the Rush SVA, what time do you expect to be there though?

Andi.

Lloyd Barnes
26-04-09, 08:39 AM
I was gong to meet up with you Lloyd but we'll be doing the Rush SVA, what time do you expect to be there though?

Andi.

Hi Andi, Mondays going to be a monster trip. Wales to Kent, then across to somewhere near Gloucester to pick up an old scooter (Vespa, friend collects them and restores them) then back home.

I'm planning to try to persuade him to get up early as I was hoping to get down to 7Indulgence late morning, around 11ish (about 5hrs from us and we've got to allow time for the big boy breakfast on the way :razz:) I'll let you know the plans later today after I've met up with him to collect the trailer. Would be great to see you if you are around. Don't worry if you can't, I know what its like prepping for SVA!