PDA

View Full Version : Small puller needed for dizzy reluctor cog

KevinW
05-05-09, 02:11 PM
Is there anyone near Guildford/Aldershot willing to lend me a small puller, or put up with me dropping in on them. I need to pull off the reluctor cog on top of my dizzy, which is stuck. Happy to cover any costs, provide a pint or 2 etc.

cheers,
Kevin

gareth08
06-05-09, 05:44 PM
Is there anyone near Guildford/Aldershot willing to lend me a small puller, or put up with me dropping in on them. I need to pull off the reluctor cog on top of my dizzy, which is stuck. Happy to cover any costs, provide a pint or 2 etc.

cheers,
Kevin

Kev,

I have a small 2 legged puller you can borrow if needed. Don't know how quick you need it or if you know/see Noel but I could give it to him next Wednesday at the midweek meet in Maidstone.;)

KevinW
06-05-09, 06:09 PM
Thanks Gareth. Sinbce i posted, a mate in storrington has one - going to try this on fri pm. If it all goes wrong i'll give a shout on monday if thats OK. many thanks for the reply - appreciated.

KevinW
11-05-09, 07:13 PM
Just a note, all pulled apart, with help from another forum member woith a puller, and now put back together again - many thanks for the offers of help.

After a brief chat with Jim at JRV8, great guy, excellent advise -

found out that you should NEVER just pull the rotor cap of a RV8 dizzy! I had managed to dislodge a bob weight spring, the bob weight assembly was all to cock, and the central shaft had popped out of the castlated plastic collar just enough to stop the dizzy cap going on nicely.