PDA

View Full Version : Grasshopper Meet

TED the DAX
20-05-09, 09:45 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm thinking about making an appearance on Sunday. Anyone else going to be about?
Cheers,
Mark

Purple AK
20-05-09, 09:49 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm thinking about making an appearance on Sunday. Anyone else going to be about?
Cheers,
Mark
Provided it's not tipping down there should be 15-20 ;)

andicole0
20-05-09, 10:15 PM
Yes, I'll try to be there if it isn't raining.

Andi.

dave.n
20-05-09, 10:15 PM
Anyone fancy Knole Park after for picnic if weather is good:p ?

andicole0
20-05-09, 10:18 PM
Sounds good.

Andi.

steve_h
20-05-09, 10:33 PM
will be there in the tin top

retest in a week or two

steve

dave.n
21-05-09, 08:34 PM
radio.
just announced sunday to be the hottest day this year so far. :D

Noel
21-05-09, 08:50 PM
Will be there too if it's dry

andicole0
21-05-09, 09:07 PM
Do you think we could persuade Craig to join us?

Andi.

Purple AK
21-05-09, 09:21 PM
Do you think we could persuade Craig to join us?

Andi.
I could maybe tempt him with the offer of some Model Rocket stuff I promised him a few years ago?

dave.n
21-05-09, 09:34 PM
Hold on chaps.
We have never had to bribe people to come to our meets in the past. I would much rather they came along to the best meet in the country of their own accord. If they don't wanna come along it's their loss.

You know everyone is welcome:D

Noel
21-05-09, 10:01 PM
I can just picture him arriving now......being pulled by two unicorns ;) :D :D :D

andicole0
22-05-09, 08:26 AM
Hold on chaps.
We have never had to bribe people to come to our meets in the past. I would much rather they came along to the best meet in the country of their own accord. If they don't wanna come along it's their loss.

You know everyone is welcome:D

I wasn't going to bribe him I just wanted to have a look and a listen to his car, I haven't seen it since it was upgraded over the winter. :cool:

Andi.

craggle
22-05-09, 09:06 AM
I am listening chaps, :rolleyes:

I have a lot to do this weekend and I really would like to get the fuel map sorted properly before going too far. It was using way too much fuel so I don't want to risk damaging anything.
However, I do have a new map now kindly supplied by Dave C so I intend to give it a run tomorrow and see if the computer still says no. We had a bit of exhaust sensor trouble last weekend.

I'll let you know what happens.

I also have a lathe I really want to get back together.

What's the car in your avatar this time Andi?

Craig.

andicole0
22-05-09, 10:14 AM
It would be good to see you Craig but don't feel pressured, I certainly don't like being pressured. If you don't make it I'll have a go at the evening meet in West Sussex.

The car in the Avatar is a Morgan 4/4 sport :D it just happens to belong to Richard Hammonds dad :cool: I understand Richard recently bought it for him and some close neighbours of mine are acquaintances. It's on a 58 plate.

Here's a more details picture.

Andi.

Robin427
22-05-09, 03:45 PM
I'm hoping to be there too!

dave.n
22-05-09, 07:02 PM
I'm hoping to be there too!

WOW Robin !!
Long time no see, it'l be good to see ya.;)

Don't forget to bring ya flask.

Robin427
22-05-09, 07:12 PM
Very droll :D
Might be on my own, might have a mate with me. Emma is in Blackpool

Andy S
22-05-09, 08:06 PM
Might just be able to make this one too, is the picnic still on ???

dave.n
22-05-09, 08:14 PM
Might just be able to make this one too, is the picnic still on ???

Hi Andy
Me and Loose are going to Knole Park and picnic anyway, it's up to people to decide if they wanna picnic or just visit Knole Park or do the usual and take advantage of the Woodman.
Be good to see you along if you can make it.
Bottle of plonk already chilling in the fridge. :p

Andy S
22-05-09, 08:31 PM
sounds a distinct possibility, the wine may have just swung the vote !!!
What time you planning to leave the grasshopper ??

dave.n
22-05-09, 08:38 PM
sounds a distinct possibility, the wine may have just swung the vote !!!
What time you planning to leave the grasshopper ??

Dunno mate.
Whenever.
12:30ish----13:00ish-----13:15ish
Can't make it too late otherwise time will be a waisted standing around in a car park' :confused:

Andy S
23-05-09, 07:08 PM
cool should be with you about 12.30 ish

Anyone else tipping up for the meet ??

Clarkson
23-05-09, 08:23 PM
Brian and I will be fitting side vents tomorro, so not sure if we will be there.

andicole0
23-05-09, 08:30 PM
Nicola hasn't been too well today so the picnic may not be possible. Will get to the Grasshopper though.

Andi.

Robin427
23-05-09, 08:33 PM
Going to be sunny tomorrow, shame not to go for a drive

Purple AK
23-05-09, 09:08 PM
Yep WE'LL be there! Just to prove I haven't buried Liz in the garden ;)

Andy S
23-05-09, 09:51 PM
Looks like we might just have a good turnout tomorrow.....bring it on ..........
Jock Juice & Brian, the louvres can wait...get your bums out in the cars....

craggle
23-05-09, 09:57 PM
Not me I'm afraid. :(

Best laid plans turned to crap today when my sister turned up with her car and a long list of MOT failure items!
New rear brake cylinders, Shoes and wheel bearings. I didn't get a chance to go near my car. :(

Will try for the mid week meet in a couple of weeks time.
Still interested in Rocket stuff though Chris so please don't get rid of it.

Craig.

Clarkson
23-05-09, 10:04 PM
Looks like we might just have a good turnout tomorrow.....bring it on ..........

Both cars are off the road at the moment!

How about yours?? The last time I saw it was at the Classic!

Andy S
23-05-09, 10:50 PM
Both cars are off the road at the moment!

How about yours?? The last time I saw it was at the Classic!

Still on the road and going strong...unlike yours then

kenf
23-05-09, 11:19 PM
I'll be there too

Purple AK
23-05-09, 11:23 PM
I'll be there too
If you fancy a convoy up Ken? We are planning to do breakfast at the Little Chef on the Uckfield Bypass at around 10.45. and moving on at around 11.30

kenf
23-05-09, 11:32 PM
If you fancy a convoy up Ken? We are planning to do breakfast at the Little Chef on the Uckfield Bypass at around 10.45. and moving on at around 11.30

Sounds like a good idea to me. See you there.

Clarkson
24-05-09, 12:05 AM
Still on the road and going strong...unlike yours then

Unlike mine????:confused:

Only a set of front brakes and refit my exhausts,just have very little time to sort it out.

Robin427
24-05-09, 09:02 AM

Can I tag along (rhetorical question...)?

Purple AK
24-05-09, 09:55 AM
Can I tag along (rhetorical question...)?
Only if you buy breakfast ;) See you there 8-) Anyone else?

Robin427
24-05-09, 04:27 PM
Good day out, although I'm about to lobby parliament to ban horse lorries/boxes from the roads in the hours of daylight. Drive back much better, but still stuck behind Sunday drivers... bastards

andicole0
24-05-09, 05:48 PM
Quite a turn out really. There was even one more (grey with black stripe) turn up after I took this photo.

Apologies again to those I keep having to ask for names, I'm useless.

Nice to see Ted the Dax along with Mark and everyone else who withstood the heat. I've got a little bit red.

I had a great trip back around the lanes (avoiding the A21) with what felt like a race round the back of Somerhill with a 206 - until I glanced at the speedo! we were only doing 45 :lol:

Andi.

craggle
24-05-09, 05:54 PM
Wow, Kind of wish I'd made the effort now!:rolleyes:

Nice line up

Craig.

robinj66
24-05-09, 07:11 PM
Andi - the black stripes were on the road:twisted:

V8 BJC
24-05-09, 07:35 PM

I wish I could mate :( but I have a big list of things to do before the baby arrives. I keep finding stuff to do other than the things I should be doing hence the car is still not ready for the road. Not much time left now so better get on with it, even though I would rather be in the park with yo8u chap, a picnic and a bottle of something.

Hope you all had a good day in the sunshine :cool::cool::cool:.

Next months meet is the last one before nipper makes an appearance & I am DETERMINED to be there, WITH my car :)

steveym
24-05-09, 07:57 PM
Good day out - slightly tainted by my clutch/flywheel melting on the way home :-(

I also blame the horsebox....

Purple AK
24-05-09, 08:08 PM
What a Cracking Day :cool: And we found the perfect venue for a "Southern" SE Midweek Meet to boot! The Newmarket Inn on the A27 between Lewes and Brighton :D Large Cobra friendly car park. Outdoor grassed seating area and outdoor decked area. Cobra friendly landlord. And a weekday carvery @ £5 a head before 8.00pm :lol: Anyone up for the third wednesday in June? Say 6.30 onwards.

sumoboy
24-05-09, 08:13 PM
What a Cracking Day :cool: And we found the perfect venue for a "Southern" SE Midweek Meet to boot! The Newmarket Inn on the A27 between Lewes and Brighton :D Large Cobra friendly car park. Outdoor grassed seating area and outdoor decked area. Cobra friendly landlord. And a weekday carvery @ 5 a head before 8.00pm :lol: Anyone up for the third wednesday in June? Say 6.30 onwards.

I Like the sound of that Chris:p

If the weather is nice, I will be there:p:p

Dave.F

sumoboy
24-05-09, 08:15 PM
Good day out - slightly tainted by my clutch/flywheel melting on the way home :-(

woooo, sorry to hear that Steve, did you manage to still drive the Cob home:confused:

Dave.F

Purple AK
24-05-09, 08:17 PM

I blame the Cyclist! :rolleyes: Sorry your clutch is playing up Steve. Hope it's not terminal :( Ours was boiling when I parked it in the garage! But I let Liz drive it home!!! 3000 RPM in 5th is over banning speed!! :rolleyes:

Purple AK
24-05-09, 08:54 PM
I Like the sound of that Chris:p

If the weather is nice, I will be there:p:p

Dave.F
Good to see you there Dave. If the carvery is anything like todays! It's a cheap meal :D

andicole0
24-05-09, 09:00 PM

It got you home though I assume, hope it's not too bad.

Andi.

Andy S
24-05-09, 09:05 PM
I wish I could mate :( but I have a big list of things to do before the baby arrives. I keep finding stuff to do other than the things I should be doing hence the car is still not ready for the road. Not much time left now so better get on with it, even though I would rather be in the park with yo8u chap, a picnic and a bottle of something.

Hope you all had a good day in the sunshine :cool::cool::cool:.

Next months meet is the last one before nipper makes an appearance & I am DETERMINED to be there, WITH my car :)

Lets hope you guys can make it out soon.

21 cobs in total today so pretty damn good turnout, might of had something to do with the weather !!

Knowle Park was very pleasant today

slogger
24-05-09, 09:16 PM
Looks like a good day had by all except for mechanical problems. I missed out yet again...............Grrr

I spent the day on the sea front in a nice little cove with 3 tankers and a fried PLC plus two pump starters chard due to our mates at EDF.

The tourists were friendly enough on the whole. Did have to hold a tanker driver back when a pompous git kicked off about the stupidity of arranging such works on a Sunday with the weather being so nice. Thanks EDF! Can you arrange to fry our kit at a more convenient time.;-):D

monkey
24-05-09, 09:44 PM
Bugger.....really wanted to make this one,until I found out I only had 7 cylinders! Spent the day in the garage..........turned out to be a knackered cam follower,- completely worn away to the point where there is a hole where the cam has been grinding a nice spherical shape in the bottom! Thus,no oil pressure to operate the inlet valve on No.4..........
Need some lifters pronto before our 2 weeks of summer are over!

Purple AK
24-05-09, 09:51 PM
Bugger.....really wanted to make this one,until I found out I only had 7 cylinders! Spent the day in the garage..........turned out to be a knackered cam follower,- completely worn away to the point where there is a hole where the cam has been grinding a nice spherical shape in the bottom! Thus,no oil pressure to operate the inlet valve on No.4..........
Need some lifters pronto before our 2 weeks of summer are over!
Sorry you couldn't make it Monkey :( Now the bad news! You will also need a new cam! along with a complete strip down to make sure you haven't got any debris floating around the oilways/bottom end :(

monkey
24-05-09, 09:55 PM
Yup............new crane cam already on order, although unbelievably, the cam lobe looks untouched!!

Purple AK
24-05-09, 10:10 PM
Yup............new crane cam already on order, although unbelievably, the cam lobe looks untouched!!Not worth the risk.

TED the DAX
24-05-09, 11:11 PM
Thanks for a great time today guys. I was made to feel very welcome on my first se meet.
I've got a lot to do now to get my cob up to the standard of some of yours, but hey that's what it's all about........
The trip in Pete's sumo was awesome....I need more power!!!

See you next month.....
Mark

Sidecarbod
25-05-09, 07:20 AM

Mark

No problem! ;)

andicole0
25-05-09, 09:34 AM
Thanks for a great time today guys. I was made to feel very welcome on my first se meet.
I've got a lot to do now to get my cob up to the standard of some of yours, but hey that's what it's all about........

See you next month.....
Mark

Good to see you again Mark.

Here's (http://www.7-indulgence.com/id88.html) the car.

Andi.

dave.n
25-05-09, 10:11 AM
Good to see you all.
Once again I find myself apologising in case I missed saying hello to everyone.

The sun bought out some very nice cars yesterday. I think it was a 21 car meet. Not the biggest we've ever had, but respectable non the less. Let us hope that the sun is with us on future club days.

Great to meet old and new faces :lol: :p

Knowle Park was as nice as ever. The cars looked stunning all in their regimental line up and caused the usual mayhem of photos and "how fasts that mate" type comments.
Have to think of somewhere else for next month. Or we can do other short notice places like Bewl Water.
Thanks everyone and glad all had a good day (apart from breakages)

slogger
25-05-09, 11:24 AM
Good to see you all.
Once again I find myself apologising in case I missed saying hello to everyone.

The sun bought out some very nice cars yesterday. I think it was a 21 car meet. Not the biggest we've ever had, but respectable non the less. Let us hope that the sun is with us on future club days.

Great to meet old and new faces :lol: :p

Knowle Park was as nice as ever. The cars looked stunning all in their regimental line up and caused the usual mayhem of photos and "how fasts that mate" type comments.
Have to think of somewhere else for next month. Or we can do other short notice places like Bewl Water.
Thanks everyone and glad all had a good day (apart from breakages)

Dave

Just a note to say that Bewl is now run by a franchise company and appear to be quite strict with their entrance charges. There was talk of a price hike also and they are charging employees full whack now days too.

Not sure whether Teressa is still there to get a deal.

andicole0
25-05-09, 12:16 PM
Wasn't Bewl taken over by the Hop farm people? I believe some Scout troops have stopped going there.

Andi.

dave.n
25-05-09, 11:47 PM
Did Bewl with the family and dogs today, to check it out. Very well organised and had an absolutely great day. Quite correct on the price hike, but still not too bad. Teas and coffes were rediculouse though.

Check out a few places next weekend.

slogger
26-05-09, 12:00 AM
Did Bewl with the family and dogs today, to check it out. Very well organised and had an absolutely great day. Quite correct on the price hike, but still not too bad. Teas and coffes were rediculouse though.

Check out a few places next weekend.

Dave, I hear that the entrance price is per car. Bit of a bind with only two seats.

Hope your dogs didn't pee in the water. Our drinking water comes from Bewl here in Kent and Sussex. Shame we do not give the full tours of the place anymore..................for those interested.

dave.n
26-05-09, 12:24 AM
Dave, I hear that the entrance price is per car. Bit of a bind with only two seats.

Hope your dogs didn't pee in the water. Our drinking water comes from Bewl here in Kent and Sussex. Shame we do not give the full tours of the place anymore..................for those interested.

LOL
Price is 3.00 adult, 2.00 child.

Dogs did not pee in your drinking water.........................I DID THOUGH. :confused:

steveym
26-05-09, 09:13 AM
Thanks all - Yep the car just about got home. I was only a few miles off when things started getting dodgy - a wildly slipping clutch and some really nasty sounding metal on metal whines coming from the clutch area - bearing? I've not had a chance to jack it up to look yet but I'm not encouraged by the oil leak that it seems to have developed along with everything else.

Assuming this doesn't write off the summer I'm up for another mid-month meet too - bit of a doubt on the June one though I should think :-)

kenf
26-05-09, 09:49 AM
What a Cracking Day :cool: And we found the perfect venue for a "Southern" SE Midweek Meet to boot! The Newmarket Inn on the A27 between Lewes and Brighton :D Large Cobra friendly car park. Outdoor grassed seating area and outdoor decked area. Cobra friendly landlord. And a weekday carvery @ 5 a head before 8.00pm :lol: Anyone up for the third wednesday in June? Say 6.30 onwards.

Sounds good to me too!

Remind me how to get there from Hailsham; is it down the A27 to Lewes, then turn right towards the Culfail tunnel, through the tunnel eight or ten times, then back on the A27 for a couple of minutes? :cool:

Purple AK
26-05-09, 10:00 AM
Sounds good to me too!

Remind me how to get there from Hailsham; is it down the A27 to Lewes, then turn right towards the Culfail tunnel, through the tunnel eight or ten times, then back on the A27 for a couple of minutes? :cool:
Thats it! :D I wondered why Liz insisted on going back down the bypass on the way home on Sunday :rolleyes: ;)