PDA

View Full Version : Group Buys

robert
25-05-09, 09:34 PM
Group Buy forum for you guys to use and get together and help each other out.

383 stroker
26-05-09, 09:21 AM
Brill idea Robert, thanks.

dbsmith
26-05-09, 09:33 AM
On this initiative (nice one Rob, BTW): do we (i.e. CRC members) get any discount scheme with any of the more common parts suppliers in the UK ? If not, is this something that could possibly be set up ?
I realise it will require negotiation with some of the suppliers if we do, and this will also depend on business volume, so we would need to prioritise based on "type" and "most commonly used". I for one would be happy to help out in this area if needed. It would also help the suppliers since it would effective give them some free marketing on the CRC side to its members as well as set them up as recommended/preferred supplier status, so hopefully will bring them more business.

robert
26-05-09, 09:46 AM
On this initiative (nice one Rob, BTW): do we (i.e. CRC members) get any discount scheme with any of the more common parts suppliers in the UK ? If not, is this something that could possibly be set up ?
I realise it will require negotiation with some of the suppliers if we do, and this will also depend on business volume, so we would need to prioritise based on "type" and "most commonly used". I for one would be happy to help out in this area if needed. It would also help the suppliers since it would effective give them some free marketing on the CRC side to its members as well as set them up as recommended/preferred supplier status, so hopefully will bring them more business.

This is something that is ongoing, but we need someone to take this on as a role within the club, fancy it?

dbsmith
26-05-09, 10:08 AM
Hi Robert,

yes, will drop you a PM.

cheers

dave

Purple AK
27-05-09, 08:06 PM
Well Volunteered That Man ;) (and you never felt a thing did you) :D

wilf
28-05-09, 07:47 AM
Excellent - now all you folks with gaysavers, heated seats, and shiny sidepipes can get your KY at wholesale prices! :smile:

robert
28-05-09, 08:29 AM
Excellent - now all you folks with gaysavers, heated seats, and shiny sidepipes can get your KY at wholesale prices! :smile:

The angst is palpable. Are you undergoing the change? :p:D

wilf
28-05-09, 02:16 PM
Coming through the other side............LOL

427jlc
04-07-09, 07:28 AM
I thought this was a good idea! What about buying from Summitt in the states? On any uk (overseas) order there is an automatic $24.95 handling fee pus shipping. Its not bad if you are ordering lots of bits but what about anyone who is looking for 1 or 2 items only? Especially me who needs a March waterpump pulley ( 6 groove serpentine for a 351C) the product is $79.00 but shipping is close to $84.95 dollars! Or is anyone about to order who can add this on for a small contribution to shipping?
Thanks Lee

BenBaron
13-08-09, 10:09 AM
Excellent idea Rob...why did nobody think of it sooner?

I for 1 will be wanting a boat load of engine bits in the new year (call it a xmas present :)
Poss not from summit but if anybody is looking for stroker kits and/or heads then Id be happy to go in together, might get a good deal buying multiple kits as well..