PDA

View Full Version : June 7th Meet

westborne
26-05-09, 06:57 AM
The June meet is at the D Day +65 Air and Classic car event at Upottery Airfield (Smeatharpe)

The Tickets have now arrived and I will be contacting those on the Club list today to get their entry passes to them.

They have asked that we be on site by 9.45 !! - so it might be an idea to meet at the llittle Chef on the Eastern end of the Honiton By Pass at say 9.15 ish ? Or we'll see you in there.

You can pay on the gate on the day - for those who haven't prebooked - but I can't promise you'll park on the Club Stand - Andy - dont forget the Gazebo and I'll try to rememebr to bring the Banner!!

Should be a Good day out !!

Chat soon

andy l
26-05-09, 09:02 AM
The June meet is at the D Day +65 Air and Classic car event at Upottery Airfield (Smeatharpe)

The Tickets have now arrived and I will be contacting those on the Club list today to get their entry passes to them.

They have asked that we be on site by 9.45 !! - so it might be an idea to meet at the llittle Chef on the Eastern end of the Honiton By Pass at say 9.15 ish ? Or we'll see you in there.

You can pay on the gate on the day - for those who haven't prebooked - but I can't promise you'll park on the Club Stand - Andy - dont forget the Gazebo and I'll try to rememebr to bring the Banner!!

Should be a Good day out !!

Chat soon

Hi Chris, sorted, see you sunday 7th all being well, Andy ;)

stu e
06-06-09, 02:45 PM
Anyone know if this is on hardstanding or grass?:(

Neil O
06-06-09, 03:24 PM
Hardstanding Stu, as far as I know.

Clean hardstanding too as it's been washed all day today.;)

I'm going to wait to see what the weather is like in the morning before deciding to go or not.
It's only a short drive, but I'm not inclined to spend all day walking around in the rain.

stu e
06-06-09, 05:16 PM
If we can't get out until 5, I'm not sure I want to spend the day in the rain either. Will make a decision in the morning.

Andy should know, shouldn't he?

westborne
08-06-09, 06:51 AM
Well dspite the gloom and doom merchants - and despite it lashing down on Saturday - the day turned out well!!

Reasonable sunshine and 11 cars turned up in all - Good to meet up with Peter Heath at last and Henry Piper after a late night "Gig" - John has been cutting even more holes in his car - the day finished with about 6 or 7 of us "Flying in formation" down the main runway - much to the disgust of the Ferrari group cos they didnt think of it first - after all it was D Day +65 !!

As usual - how many club members does it take to erect a Gazebo - led by the steering committee of Andy Loveday?