PDA

View Full Version : More piccies of the D Day + 65

westborne
08-06-09, 06:54 AM
And some more

Neil O
08-06-09, 09:01 AM
Whoever bought John that holecutter for Christmas has a lot to answer for. ;)

Excellent day out, thanks for organising it Chris. :D

neil50
08-06-09, 01:17 PM
Whoever bought John that holecutter for Christmas has a lot to answer for. ;)

Excellent day out, thanks for organising it Chris. :D

thought he was trying to make it look like the local cheese :-P

stu e
08-06-09, 01:28 PM
Had intended getting hammered last night but it suffered a puncture on the way home;).

Is Chris going to be known as Blue Leader now?

Neil O
08-06-09, 01:30 PM
"Pink Pilot" might be more fitting.:lol:

westborne
08-06-09, 01:41 PM
Oi Oakley - no need for that - actually Barrie P strikes me more as the Sq Leader .

Was quite funny though apparently the "elf and safety man" at the end of the runway nearly sh*t imself !!

My car from Awliscombe and Cully last night seemed to be in the groove - so better stop messing with it !!

westborne
08-06-09, 01:50 PM
By the way - I gotta get me one of them there union jack hats like what Martin B was wearing

Martin you taking up banjo playin as well ?

Neil O
08-06-09, 02:44 PM
By the way - I gotta get me one of them there union jack hats like what Martin B was wearing

Martin you taking up banjo playin as well ?

The dungarees were nice too. ;)

Henry Piper
08-06-09, 07:31 PM
Hi Everyone,
I regret to inform you that it would appear that we are not highly regarded by some members of the upper crust car fraternity!!.
The following conversation was reported to me by a work colleague who was acting as a steward at the main runway edge:

Elderly lady wearing M.G owners Sweater to elderly Gent similarly attired," whats all that racket over there?"
Elderly Gent " its those cobra people"
Elderly Lady "Do they have to make all that noise?"
Elderly Gent " They are all a Bunch of Hooligans they are what give proper sports cars a bad name".

its years since I have been called a "hooligan" somehow I feel strangely proud!!!

Well Done Chris, Great day out!
Henry Piper

Henry Piper
08-06-09, 07:45 PM
Sorry I forgot to ask Just now Will any of the Photos Taken by the rather frightened looking Press Photographer of the run back down the runway be posted on here any time in the future?
Cheers Henry
P S, to Those who might mock my little red Thing, it may be small but it has given me and my good lady wife much pleasure for many years !!!!!!!!

neil50
08-06-09, 08:03 PM
Hi Everyone,
I regret to inform you that it would appear that we are not highly regarded by some members of the upper crust car fraternity!!.
The following conversation was reported to me by a work colleague who was acting as a steward at the main runway edge:

Elderly lady wearing M.G owners Sweater to elderly Gent similarly attired," whats all that racket over there?"
Elderly Gent " They are all a Bunch of Hooligans they are what give proper sports cars a bad name".

its years since I have been called a "hooligan" somehow I feel strangely proud!!!

Henry Piper

wonder if "MG" should stand for Moaning Gits?

slogger
08-06-09, 09:31 PM
wonder if "MG" should stand for Moaning Gits?

I belong to an old car club (Old Gits Club) and again it appears that the MG lot always had something to moan about were my Cob was concerned.

On the other hand the pre war Bentley lads just loved it saying it sounded like a bl**dy Spitfire when at high revs on the overrun. ??!

Got to let the Big Block loose on them..............:D:D:D:D

westborne
09-06-09, 06:35 AM
We were the only bunch to enter the spirit of "chocks away" - it was a D day celebration !!!

The photographer was Barrie P's mate - hope he got some of us on the runway - I will chase up for some to be circulated.

(Henry - I too am quite proud of being called a hooligan!)

I also need to know who is up for Classics at the castle on the 19th June have emailed seperately

stu e
09-06-09, 07:15 AM
I also need to know who is up for Classics at the castle on the 19th June have emailed seperately

Is it 19th June or 19th July?

For the Cornwall run, is there a meeting place for lunchtime?

Stu.

westborne
09-06-09, 07:23 AM
Its the 19th JULY - Sorry !!!!!

Not sure about meeting place at lunchtime - I'll ask Barrie and Steve by email and recirculate

andy l
09-06-09, 06:08 PM
We were the only bunch to enter the spirit of "chocks away" - it was a D day celebration !!!

The photographer was Barrie P's mate - hope he got some of us on the runway - I will chase up for some to be circulated.

funny chris, thought you were a old git ;-), just like me, nice weekend by the way, Andy :smile:

kurrmet
09-06-09, 06:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

Henry Piper

I have to admit that I have never had a problem with the MG owners at the various car trials / tours that i have completed but the Morgon owners are a pain in the arse and generally don't talk to anyone except other Morgan owners and have a Very high opinion of themselves. This was once again confirmed last week in Ireland and a classic car tour.:D

Henry Piper
09-06-09, 07:56 PM

Hello Chris
Us Hooligans must stick together, We are a Minority and we could be persecuted!!
We may have another opportunity at Smeatharpe next year. I work with Claude Caple, The chairman of the South West Airfields Group, the body who organised the event, and he tells me that they are making plans for a similar event next year to celebrate V.E Day, he has even threatened to bring his M.G then, which he swears is LOUDER than any Cobra !

I.m sorely tempted to take him over to the Aero Club at Dunkeswell next week for a large lunchtime scotch, and talk him into allowing us to give a display of "Mass Hooliganism" down the full length of the Runway!!

Unfortunately I cant Make the 19th June, I shall be away, But hope to catch upwith you all at Windwhistle in July.
Henry

Henry Piper
09-06-09, 08:05 PM
Hello Chris
Us Hooligans must stick together, We are a Minority and we could be persecuted!!
We may have another opportunity at Smeatharpe next year. I work with Claude Caple, The chairman of the South West Airfields Group, the body who organised the event, and he tells me that they are making plans for a similar event next year to celebrate V.E Day, he has even threatened to bring his M.G then, which he swears is LOUDER than any Cobra !

I.m sorely tempted to take him over to the Aero Club at Dunkeswell next week for a large lunchtime scotch, and talk him into allowing us to give a display of "Mass Hooliganism" down the full length of the Runway!!

Unfortunately I cant Make the 19th June, I shall be away, But hope to catch upwith you all at Windwhistle in July.
Henry
Sorry just seen its July, Cant make that either:( (note to self,-must try harder) !!
Henry

westborne
10-06-09, 07:03 AM
It was all in good spirit anyway

Of course it will be VE +65 next year - Quite a good venue at Smeatharpe - I'm sure we would be up for it

The enclosed should please Peter Heath - till I get some more