PDA

View Full Version : Sussex / Surrey Midweek Meet

V8 BJC
22-06-09, 12:46 PM
Heads up for next Wednesday

Cobra Club Forums - West Sussex / Surrey Mid week meet (http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009.6.J&e=101&c=1)

Who is planning on getting out?

craggle
22-06-09, 01:03 PM
That'll be the 1st will it?

I promised Dave Clarkson I will come along this time so I'll be there, In the Range Rover if it's raining.

Craig.

cliffords
22-06-09, 06:56 PM
This Wednesday looks good warm and dry ?

What about this week ?

David

V8 BJC
22-06-09, 07:39 PM
Craig, yep its the 1st. Be good to see you.
Clarkson will have forgotten by now ;)

David, maybe we could do something different this weds as well as the meet next week. Maybe we could organise a drive somewhere rather that a meet in a pub car park. I would be up for it if a few others are ????????

cliffords
22-06-09, 08:10 PM
Ok I am on for that.

1 Horsham and 1 Crawley so far, maybe one from Dorking ( I will peel his stickers off )

Where could be drive to ........Box Hill with all the Bikes ?

craggle
22-06-09, 09:41 PM
Not sure I'll be up for a meet this Wednesday as I'm out the country.
Currently laying on the bed in a hotel room in Munich. Definitely not Cobra weather here :(
Due back very late Tuesday night so Wednesday may be spent sleeping but keep this thread up dated and I'll see what happens.

Craig

V8 BJC
23-06-09, 12:12 PM
Ok I am on for that.

1 Horsham and 1 Crawley so far, maybe one from Dorking ( I will peel his stickers off )

Where could be drive to ........Box Hill with all the Bikes ?

Hi Dave,
lets see who's up for it. Maybe we could go towards the Surrey lot who were asking for a meet more local to them.

Legend, Noel, Others - up for a meet this weds in your neck of the woods?

steveym
28-06-09, 10:17 PM
Car's running good so I'll be there :-)

craggle
29-06-09, 07:31 AM
So long as the thunderclouds don't gather again I'll be along too. :mrgreen:

Craig.

Geezer
29-06-09, 08:47 AM
Hi Dave,
lets see who's up for it. Maybe we could go towards the Surrey lot who were asking for a meet more local to them.

Legend, Noel, Others - up for a meet this weds in your neck of the woods?

I think I could be up for that. Kevin W posted a pub recently that was still your side of Guildford but gives us the chance of getting back at a reasonable time. I'll have a trawl through the posts...:D

legend
29-06-09, 08:52 AM
I will come along when I have my car back on the road see you May 2010 at this rate!!!

Geezer
29-06-09, 08:53 AM
I think I could be up for that. Kevin W posted a pub recently that was still your side of Guildford but gives us the chance of getting back at a reasonable time. I'll have a trawl through the posts...:D

This one?

Onslow Arms in Loxwood, West Sussex | Horsham Pub Guide (http://www.horshampub.co.uk/onslow_arms.html)

Never been there myself, anyone know it? Any other suggestions?... does have the potential to be quite a big turnout...:D

V8 BJC
29-06-09, 11:16 AM
This one?

Onslow Arms in Loxwood, West Sussex | Horsham Pub Guide (http://www.horshampub.co.uk/onslow_arms.html)

Never been there myself, anyone know it? Any other suggestions?... does have the potential to be quite a big turnout...:D

Hi Geezer,
I think this looks like a great place for the next 'its sunny so lets have impromtu meet' somewhere.

This weds though will remain at the Cowdry arms as it is the regular timetabled meeting place for every first weds.

Cheers
Brian

Geezer
29-06-09, 02:29 PM
Craig, yep its the 1st. Be good to see you.
Clarkson will have forgotten by now ;)

David, maybe we could do something different this weds as well as the meet next week. Maybe we could organise a drive somewhere rather that a meet in a pub car park. I would be up for it if a few others are ????????

Sorry Brian, been out of the country and didn't read the date on this post...:(

V8 BJC
30-06-09, 11:34 AM
Sorry Brian, been out of the country and didn't read the date on this post...:(

You are forgiven ;)

V8 BJC
01-07-09, 11:59 AM
32 degrees in our work car park :cool::cool:

So who is out for the meet tonight?

andicole0
01-07-09, 01:32 PM
I was hoping to make this evening but my new seats arrived so I decided to do a quick swap, only to find the runners don't fit ! It's far too hot to try to get the old ones back in now.

Andi.

craggle
01-07-09, 09:42 PM
Good to get to the meet tonight, See, I can get to meets if I try! :rolleyes:

Brian was there and I met Steve with his lovely GD. Also met a chap called John and his wife who just ordered a Dax, Good taste!:rolleyes:

My Father came along too in his little NG, Had a bit of fun on the way home too. All in all a perfect end to a lovely day.

In case your wondering the rest of the day consisted in working for 4 hours then swimming in the work swimming pool for the afternoon whilst drinking Pimms and lemonade and having a Barbecue! I like where I work!:D

Craig.

V8 BJC
02-07-09, 11:37 AM
A nice evening indeed.

Good to meet John, wish you all the best with the Dax build.

Also good to see Craigs dads NJ, really is a nice little car.

Found myself driving right past my house on the way home to do a few more miles on some super roads.

steveym
02-07-09, 12:08 PM
Good to meet you guys...

I'm jealous of that engine bay Craig! Let me know if you when you are ready to try the stainless in a GD - I'm sure that I can find a suitable test car :-)

Good luck with the build John