PDA

View Full Version : Why no more Cobras at Supercar Sunday?

JLF
30-06-09, 09:25 PM
I had a great day at Supercar Sunday and as far as I could tell there were only two other Cobras attending. I took my SRV8 into the arena did some wheel spins and laps with the other Sporting Bears, proud to have a 13 year old Southern Roadcraft with 1973 running gear getting so much positive attention. Got lots and lots of attention with numerous pictures being taken :D

Just an idea, why not have a club parking area? A gathering of Cobras would show the modern so called Supercars a thing or 2. These are great cars with exceptional performance, hand built, great looks and a soundtrack a modern Porsche can only dream of. Food for thought.

Also great to meet those who came and said hello.

neil50
30-06-09, 09:31 PM
Me and Dawn were there but were parked on the disabled/VIP area at the top as we weren't meeting for a club. Only saw 3 others there, 1 over by Marcos, 1 in "bear" enclosure and 1 more by exit out. took a nice steady drive back to bromsgrove...via Leicester. just couldn't resist the Fosse way and went up to visit sister in law. good thing was that we missed the rain on the way back. Great day out and considered getting the cobra for the "sound off" but thought it would be over quicker and wouldn't have time to go and get her.

JLF
30-06-09, 09:43 PM
I was in the Bear area. Thought of doing the loudest car but encouraged Mark in the Lola to go in. He was robbed.
I think we spoke, if so good to meet.

Naughty Magpie
02-07-09, 12:28 PM
I would be up for doing a club stand/area. ;)

JLF
02-07-09, 04:50 PM
Thoroughly enjoyable event. Some great pics on Pistonheads Ferrari/Lambo and events/meeting/travel forums.

Next year…………. :-)