PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Classic Cars & North West Classic Bike Day

Lloyd Barnes
15-07-09, 03:33 PM
Anyone ever been to this?

19th Festival of 1000 Classic Cars & North West Classic Bike Day - Cholmondeley Castle, Cheshire - Sunday 6th September 2009

Might head up there with the car and the lambretta

hgilbert
17-07-09, 05:42 PM
Hi Lloyd,
I've been to this a few times and it is, in my opinion, very good.
Harry

britbits
17-07-09, 08:14 PM
May just have a ride myself Dave B

Lloyd Barnes
17-07-09, 11:27 PM
Brilliant, thanks for the info. I'll probably head along to this one

Wilburn
18-07-09, 06:21 PM
yup, just got back, well worth 15 :-)

Lloyd Barnes
19-07-09, 12:40 PM
yup, just got back, well worth 15 :-)

from the Pageant of Power? I was referring to a different one (same venue) but might add this one to the list for next year as well

jonny m
22-07-09, 01:36 PM
Nice to see an event in the North of the country.

Do we just turn up, or is it a ticket event ???

Lloyd Barnes
22-07-09, 02:11 PM
Nice to see an event in the North of the country.

Do we just turn up, or is it a ticket event ???

To show your car or just go along? To show the car, there's a form to fill in on their website, guess you just pay on the day to attend.

Allen
22-07-09, 03:38 PM
Yep
took my mgb once beautiful grounds and lovely castle,they usually have a best in show event which leads on to a national,if the weathers nice its well worth going,not anywhere near as big as Tatton park show though,if anybodys going pm me as i am only at chassis stage and would like to meet a few cob owners
cheers
Allen:D

Lloyd Barnes
22-07-09, 05:32 PM
Yep
took my mgb once beautiful grounds and lovely castle,they usually have a best in show event which leads on to a national,if the weathers nice its well worth going,not anywhere near as big as Tatton park show though,if anybodys going pm me as i am only at chassis stage and would like to meet a few cob owners
cheers

I may well be going along to the Cholmondeley show with the car. Just waiting to hear if a friends free to take his Lambretta.

What kit are you building?

hgilbert
22-07-09, 06:10 PM
I think if you show the car you get in free.
If you just turn up you have to pay but "interesting" cars are given thier own parking area (as with the pageant of power).
Admission is in any case reasonable (about £8) with free parking.
Harry

Allen
23-07-09, 04:32 PM
Lloyd
Sorry for the delay
I have got the SRV8 chassis I have been told by a few people that most of the Fibreglass bodys will fit with a bit of adjusting,my mates bought the fibreglass body off ebay had a look at it looks ok but always interested in anybodys comments.
I will probably be at the show from dinner time onwards let me know what your driving would like th have a chat with you there

Cheers
Allen

Lloyd Barnes
23-07-09, 04:45 PM
Lloyd
Sorry for the delay
I have got the SRV8 chassis I have been told by a few people that most of the Fibreglass bodys will fit with a bit of adjusting,my mates bought the fibreglass body off ebay had a look at it looks ok but always interested in anybodys comments.
I will probably be at the show from dinner time onwards let me know what your driving would like th have a chat with you there

Cheers
Allen

Stick some pics up if you need any advice on how to get it to fit, not much that someone hasn't done before on here.

I'd be going to the show in a Dax blue/white stripes, G485 MUX, as per avatar. Pretty sure I'll be there, just figuring out if we can get there the night before and indulge in a few beers. See you at the show

Allen
24-07-09, 11:26 AM
Lloyd
Thanks for your reply if you make it see you at the show

Allen

Daxman
24-07-09, 03:52 PM
Hi Allen,

Where abouts in Manchester are you? i'm near the airport, if you ever need an extra pair of hands.

Russ

Allen
24-07-09, 04:57 PM
Russ

Ashton u lyne area

Thanks for the offer though no where near build yet just collecting bits an peices, mine is a long term project got to get the kids through uni first (only 2 more years ) woudn't mind to have a look at your cob though to pick up ideas.you are probably 10 - 15 min from me

Thanks
Allen

Daxman
24-07-09, 07:32 PM
No Probs, your more than welcome to take a look, i'm a bit busy this weekend. RHS at Tatton tomorrow, then working on sunday. PM your number and when i get her out i'll give you a bell and pop round.

Russ

Allen
27-07-09, 10:42 AM
Russ

You can contact me on 078829 61286 anytime except Sundays I'm usually at Cricket

Allen

Steve-Art
27-07-09, 11:01 AM
Hi Allen,

Try & get along to the next Northern Meeting at the Clough House Inn the second sunday of every month (details in the forum section) plenty of like minded Cobra owners & builders in attendance, a good bunch of guy's & girls.

BTW I'm in Stalybridge.

Steve.

Allen
27-07-09, 11:28 AM
Steve

Thanks for the info will definately come along to one of the meetings but it will be in October,got cricket most Sundays till end of September