PDA

View Full Version : Yellow cobra.....

KevinW
21-07-09, 11:13 PM
surely not Mr Goff's car up for sale already.....?

BRAMLEY - THE BEST EXPERIENCE : AC Superblower with Only 1,800 Miles (http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1110811.htm)

- ah no, i think he has more traditional taste in cockpit accoutrement!

legend
22-07-09, 01:06 AM
The only part I would swap with that car is the wheels JMHO.

craggle
22-07-09, 07:18 AM
85 grand! Christ, I'd much rather have a Kirkham that that thing, Looks cheap and nasty in my opinion.:mad:

In fact it looks more like a kit car than 99% of the kit cars do. :rolleyes:

Craig.

legend
22-07-09, 07:25 AM
Please accept my apology for my stupid post, but it was 2am.

The only thing worth having is the 50k price difference in cash!!!

Cheers Tony.

taurus
22-07-09, 07:35 AM
cockpit accoutrement!
What a wonderful phrase for underwear!!!

Peter.

Geezer
22-07-09, 09:25 AM

BRAMLEY - THE BEST EXPERIENCE : AC Superblower with Only 1,800 Miles (http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1110811.htm)

Quite surprised about the price:shock: I took my son to Blackbushe Car Auctions a few years ago where a late model, low mileage, stunning Superblower went through for 44k... and it wasn't Lemon Drizzle;)

Lloyd Barnes
22-07-09, 10:39 AM
and it wasn't Lemon Drizzle;)

"Hell Yellow" don't you know :mrgreen:

Half correct. What a hellish creation.. :shock:

KevinW
22-07-09, 10:49 AM
Superblowers always seem to be up for some sort of premium, which is surprising, because all the press reviews ive seen say its the most strangled engine that AC ever put in a cobra. I also didnt like the Ford Sierra header tank in the engine bay - looks like a bit of an afterthought.

Ive driven past the Bramley showroom many times, and they often have interesting cars. But it never struck me as a place for negotiating bargains.

Whilst I like yellow in principle, it simply doesnt work with that dash design. I have seen great looking Superblowers with different coloured dash binnacles, usually finished with Smiths Classic Magnolia instruments and matching trim and they look quite distinguished. It was the reason I went for those instruments on my own sumo.

b951mwv
30-07-09, 09:20 PM
Quite surprised about the price:shock: I took my son to Blackbushe Car Auctions a few years ago where a late model, low mileage, stunning Superblower went through for 44k... and it wasn't Lemon Drizzle;)
I must say I like the colour,still each to there own A:cool: Not sure of the dash though

andicole0
31-07-09, 07:57 AM

You can get a lovely slice of lemon drizzle at Ismails (http://www.ismailcoffee.com/) in Tunbridge Wells :D

Andi.

Firestarter29
31-07-09, 08:49 AM
IMHO Yellow is a fab colour for a Cobra, but I am biased.....

legend
31-07-09, 09:07 AM
IMHO Yellow is a fab colour for a Cobra, but I am biased.....

In this case your humble opinion is FACT!!!

Wilburn
31-07-09, 09:29 AM
I'd have the petrol out of the tank :shock:

Clarkson
01-08-09, 07:11 PM
I love it, think it looks great. Would like mine in yellow!

jools
01-08-09, 07:54 PM

What amazing value. The hand tooled aluminium gear knob would cost a fortune on its own.

Noel
01-08-09, 08:00 PM
Please accept my apology for my stupid post, but it was 2am.

The only thing worth having is the 50k price difference in cash!!!

Cheers Tony.

God you are such a snob now Tony?? :p:p:D:D:D

gareth08
01-08-09, 08:43 PM
Yellow is for Gays...:lol:;)

Big A
02-08-09, 08:44 AM

Get out of here Yellow is for pulling the birds

b951mwv
03-08-09, 07:41 PM
Dont make me a bad person;) My car pulls the birds till they see me then they suddenly lose interest cant think why,might be the grey hair maybe?

adriant
12-08-09, 08:43 PM
Kevin,

Has John confirmed the date on your Crendon yet ?

Adrian

KevinW
13-08-09, 05:48 PM
Im not sure if Crendon Replicas work to 'confirmed dates' but the latest ETA from John was 6 weeks after silverstone, which means 1st-2nd week of Sept. which im really looking forward to.

Just ordered all my smiths instruments from speedy cables, and there was a 7 week wait, that takes me through to oct. :-( - they charged me extra and made me wait longer to have kph (with mph) printed onto the reverse drive speedo. bit cheeky that, as the bulk of their customers for new cob speedos will be guys needing iva, so it ought to be standard fitment imho. so if noone else gets charged, then be grateful to me for footing the set-up bill!

KevinW
22-08-09, 11:33 PM
like the stripes on this one, Tony...?

totalheadturners.com : AC Cobra by Super Performance (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1123217.htm)

Ian 46
23-08-09, 07:38 AM
Hi Kevin,

Good to here your Crendon is up and coming soon, however don't distract JK from getting my rollover bar and seats ready (sorry John).

I have recently recieved my instrument set from Speedy Cables. The order took so long to arrive that I had forgotten I placed it back in March! I thought I had placed an enquiry and then when the invoice came through I rang to enquire if all the 'to customer instruction' were infact for me.

They were, and a big box arrived a couple of days later. Drop me a PM for price queries etc.

Regards Ian

KevinW
24-08-09, 04:55 PM
Hi Kevin,

Good to here your Crendon is up and coming soon, however don't distract JK from getting my rollover bar and seats ready (sorry John).

I have recently recieved my instrument set from Speedy Cables. The order took so long to arrive that I had forgotten I placed it back in March! I thought I had placed an enquiry and then when the invoice came through I rang to enquire if all the 'to customer instruction' were infact for me.

They were, and a big box arrived a couple of days later. Drop me a PM for price queries etc.

Regards Ian

Hi Ian,
assume you saw my post re:speedy cables and smiths instruments? have you got kph on the speedo?
Im going up on 1st Sept to see my baby then, with a deposit for..... seats, sidepipes and rollbar ;)I beleive a new batch of roll bars are on the horizon.

I thought you had seats already?

cheers, Kevin

$ has slipped back again from $1.70 high, seems to be stuck on $1.65 :(
engine ordering will have to wait a little longer.

Neil O
24-08-09, 07:39 PM
Kevin, don't worry mate, the pound will recover soon.
Buy at $1.80 which will be around the third week in October.;)

KevinW
24-08-09, 07:47 PM
Kevin, don't worry mate, the pound will recover soon.
Buy at $1.80 which will be around the third week in October.;)

- 'ts in the diary. assume you have the heads up on a snap election and a huge US contract for the Oakley SW Emporium. :mrgreen:

im in orlando then, visiting Mickey and friends, and bringing back some important obsessive accessories.

Ian 46
24-08-09, 09:02 PM
Hi Kevin,

PM sent. Sorry for the delay in replying. I'm not on here all the time and I should really be in the garage now. Doh!

Ian